Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Figures out the problem? What are you guys even saying...do you actually play fantasy on a game to game basis and re-evaluate your players game to game? that is so ridiculous. The first game he was ex

Lmao only donkeys in RW forums could have anything negative to say when a rookie starts his first 3 games with averages of 16 pts 11 rebs 4 assists, 92% ft on 4 FTA, and 55% fg. 

I hate this thread. Drama queens.

Posted Images

I can’t believe a month ago he went 4th among rookies in a dynasty league.  It seemed ridiculous then and it seems even more ridiculous now.  He’s gonna be ROTY for shizzles.

 

fyi the rookies that went before him were doncic, bamba, jjj.  Those owners must be regretting big time.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, c_dog said:

I can’t believe a month ago he went 4th among rookies in a dynasty league.  It seemed ridiculous then and it seems even more ridiculous now.  He’s gonna be ROTY for shizzles.

 

fyi the rookies that went before him were doncic, bamba, jjj.  Those owners must be regretting big time.

I don't think it's going to be that open and shut. Luka is a legitimate threat and he's somebody who will have the ball in his hands way more than Ayton will. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 5:30 PM, turner46 said:

 

Random question regarding pro leagues??? Can you have a co owner??? If so can he be from a yahoo restricted country???

Just put the team under your name and whatever you win just split the money with him. Assuming that is why you are asking. We used to do that because of gambling laws in some states. I was in Mn and couldn't enter if the prize was over a certain amount.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Just put the team under your name and whatever you win just split the money with him. Assuming that is why you are asking. We used to do that because of gambling laws in some states. I was in Mn and couldn't enter if the prize was over a certain amount.

 

Thanks, pretty much what I was asking and that will work but not as ideally as I want, I wanted both my friend and me to be able to log into the league and make roster moves and such. I talked to yahoo support and I'm the one from Canada and I can't even co manage or use his name in Canada without permission ahead of time like if you were a legit us citizen but just going on vacation. It's like draft kings it is legal in Canada so I make lots of teams but when I was in Vegas I couldn't join because they knew where I was and like when I try to join yahoo pro it knows I'm from a restricted place and won't let me join.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Just put the team under your name and whatever you win just split the money with him. Assuming that is why you are asking. We used to do that because of gambling laws in some states. I was in Mn and couldn't enter if the prize was over a certain amount.

 

8 minutes ago, turner46 said:

 

Thanks, pretty much what I was asking and that will work but not as ideally as I want, I wanted both my friend and me to be able to log into the league and make roster moves and such. I talked to yahoo support and I'm the one from Canada and I can't even co manage or use his name in Canada without permission ahead of time like if you were a legit us citizen but just going on vacation. It's like draft kings it is legal in Canada so I make lots of teams but when I was in Vegas I couldn't join because they knew where I was and like when I try to join yahoo pro it knows I'm from a restricted place and won't let me join.

 

I thought this whole time @turner46 was talking about someone within the own league lol. Geez I'm stupid.

 

Thanks for clearing that up @Low and Away

 

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm doing custom projections for this guy and even my modest projections are making me salivate. I kinda, sorta have to have him on my teams this season. 

Edited by lbjames6
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a couple of 16 team drafts coming up and am ready to pull the trigger on Ayton with my 3rd pick. Problem is if I pick late 3rd round in that big a league, I’m pretty sure he’ll be gone by then (40-50). With his monster preseason it’s looking like I will be able to nab him only if I pick again in the late second and early third. 

 

Just not ready yet to pick him second round, though I have seen someone here nab him at 28. Picking him 17 to 25 seems crazy to me but under the right punt build it looks solid - you are just picking him at his ceiling. With that being said if he continues these numbers - after KAT no one else comes close. Embiid does but you have a riskier injury history and more TOs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 12:52 PM, Trench Mob said:

 

I'm not as good as I think I am. I mean, I consider myself a good owner, but I assume if you play for that much, you're gonna run into the best of the best with tons of trophies.

 

I'm getting my feet wet. Starting with $20 Pro Leagues and if I see that I'm progressively getting better, I might shoot for more for years to come.

 

 

What @colepenhagensaid: last year, I got third or better (ie, winning money) in every $250 league I DIDN"T draft Kawhi in plus one.  If you're enough of a nutjob to be on this site often, if you build teams based upon player strengthens and not overall rank, you can clean up in those leagues unless you have bad injury luck.  And I join multiple (I mean, it's like 15+ this year) leagues so that 2-3 big injuries can't even f--- me over overall: even with those three non-paying $250s, I still won over 3k last year.

 

Of course, you're dedicating like a half an hour a day to checking teams; you don't have to check every team every day, aside from just starting players, but you do have to check every team every like 2-4 days, from mid-October to mid-March.  And then like 2-3 times a week, go through the numbers and see what trades can make you better and what trades are likely to even considered, and send them.

 

2 hours ago, turner46 said:

 

Thanks, pretty much what I was asking and that will work but not as ideally as I want, I wanted both my friend and me to be able to log into the league and make roster moves and such. I talked to yahoo support and I'm the one from Canada and I can't even co manage or use his name in Canada without permission ahead of time like if you were a legit us citizen but just going on vacation. It's like draft kings it is legal in Canada so I make lots of teams but when I was in Vegas I couldn't join because they knew where I was and like when I try to join yahoo pro it knows I'm from a restricted place and won't let me join.

Okay probably a dumb suggestions because I would assume yahoo would be onto it but...maybe not.  Use a free VPN, like ZenMate or something.  I'd say TOR, but lots of times TOR pops you out in places you'd rather not be (like...places that yahoo says you can't be gambling from).  ZenMate's nodes can't be a secret from big providers at this stage of the game, but there's a decent chance yahoo fantasy didn't bother to blacklist them.  

 

Of course, there's a risk that if they do blacklist them during the season, they could do something.  Bad case: they just give you back your money and won't pay you if you win.  Worst case: they won't even give you back your money.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are people comfortable taking Ayton at this point in H2H redraft leagues?

 

There is a real risk all my targets (Booker/Beal/Middleton/CJ/Gobert) are gone before I get to the 34th pick, and the talent drops away once they're off the table. I feel like it could be reaching slightly to take Ayton there - but then again his upside is considerably higher than some other options around that spot like Gasol and Capela. 

Edited by flat_eric
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Where are people comfortable taking Ayton at this point in H2H redraft leagues?

 

There is a real risk all my targets (Booker/Beal/Middleton/CJ/Gobert) are gone before I get to the 34th pick, and the talent drops away once they're off the table. I feel like it could be reaching slightly to take Ayton there - but then again his upside is considerably higher than some other options around that spot like Gasol and Capela. 

I'd say 34th is too high for Ayton but i'm fairly conservative when drafting rookies. With that said, if you need a big man at that spot and those are your options id rank them Capela - Ayton - Gasol.

 

Gasol was ranked 42nd per game last year and the chances are slim that he improves on that ranking this late in his career. Not to mention the injury/rest risks. Capela is obviously safer than Ayton with no risk of him regressing.  

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...