NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver Wire - Streaming Options - Week 13

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever...

3 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Romine now that Sanchez is DL-bound. Dude can hit.

I have my doubts that he will be that helpful as natural regression is already setting in (obviously he couldn't keep hitting over .350) and he's a career .231 hitter before today at 30 years old.  Still, with the catcher position being so bad, I can't really fault anyone for taking a flier.

15 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Romine now that Sanchez is DL-bound. Dude can hit.

He has a .618 OPS in 645 career ABs. He's having a solid year and is in a nice lineup, but I wouldn't say he's a good hitter. He's worth a shot in 2-catcher leagues. 

46 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He has a .618 OPS in 645 career ABs. He's having a solid year and is in a nice lineup, but I wouldn't say he's a good hitter. He's worth a shot in 2-catcher leagues. 

At this time of the year for Sanchez owners, he becomes a very good pickup for leagues of any decent size.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, S1mcity said:

Lugo for streaming. 

Sub 1ERA at home. 

I second this one.  I picked him up this morning, and barring some random change of heart before game time, I have him in there.

Since nobody has posted this yet... http://www.pitcherlist.com/sit-start-week-13-reviewing-all-starting-pitcher-matchups-from-6-25-7-1/

3 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Peralta is a fantastic stream today, should get plenty of Ks and a good shot at a win.

Crazy that he is only 50% owned in yahoo leagues.

1 hour ago, BostonCajun said:

Crazy that he is only 50% owned in yahoo leagues.

Only 41% on ESPN.  Probably the bad start against Minnesota, followed by getting sent down to AAA.  

16 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I’m stremaing Eric Thames tonight, Jakob Junis gives up a ton of homers and Thames hits a lot of fly balls and has shown decent power this year when healthy. I’m just hoping he plays..

If you're smart you'd keep Thames through the Cincy series.

12 HR's in 19 games vs. them.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, paintingtheblack said:

I though so too, not a great choice.

Nope.  We all make mistakes with these suggestions from time to time I guess.

Pretty sad to get knocked around by the White Sox though.

• Haha 1

Mike Leake at Baltimore today looks promising. Baltimore has struggled mightily against RHP this season going .225/.290/.385 which rank 29th, 30th, and 24th respectively in the majors. In Leake's last 9 starts dating back to May 10th he's allowed 2 runs or fewer all but twice. One of them on May 15th vs Texas and most recently vs Boston on June 17th both in which he allowed 5 ER. After being beaten up by the Sox he had to face them again in his last start on June 23rd and pitched 8 innings of scoreless ball and picked up the win. During this nice run he's k'd 38 batters and only walked 8 and has lasted at least 7 innings in 5 of those starts. The only red flag is during this span he has also been prone to giving up the long ball by allowing 7 of them (1 to Boston, 1 to LAA, 3 to TB in 2 starts, 1 to Texas and 1 to Toronto).

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic