NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

smeeze

3 hours ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Seahawks are giving up over 6 YPC the last 3 weeks. Jones is averaging 7.5 YPC the last 3 weeks. Our boy is gonna eat.

Yeah since this looks so perfect on paper it seems inevitable that he has a sub 3 ypc game

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Yeah since this looks so perfect on paper it seems inevitable that he has a sub 3 ypc game

Well if that happens we can't kick ourselves for starting him.  Every piece of data available says he's a must start.

5 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

It has also looked perfect on the field. He has yet to have that type of ypc, no negative here.

2 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

Well if that happens we can't kick ourselves for starting him.  Every piece of data available says he's a must start.

Exactly, we cant look at anything else than what is provided to us. Packers great line, seattle horrible run d. Jones productivity ALL year. I think this game is not going to be as high flying as many thing. I bet its a ground and pound game between both teams. All stats show this is one of the better match ups this weekend. 

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Had to sit Conner just to get him in there! Literally the only thing that can screw this up is McCarthy--oh boy, we might be in trouble.

Your funny. I did bench fournette due to everything pointing to jones with more production except possible red zone touches. Line, opponent, score. Im trying to trade fournette away having gordon and barkley as well. I hate sitting a stud.

26 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I'd like to see a good game tonight before I go all-in. Who knows with this coach. If Jamaal Williams starts the game I'm gonna flip out :)

I’m waiting to see how Jones does in Week 16 before I feel comfortable starting him.

21 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Overconfidence. Bad.

Decent chance SEA gets out ahead in this game, pounds the ball, and McCarthy gets stupid and abandons the run.

This game is in Seattle against a better (i.e. non Miami) D. 

Starting Jones but expecting far less than last week that's for sure.

Correct 

That’s what I’m talking about Jones! What a beastly game.

I watched most of the game and don’t think I saw Williams come in once, unless I might’ve missed it. There was no rotating of series and it seems McCarthy is finally coming to his senses and trusting him as a bell cow.

It’s looking like we got ourselves a RB1 rest of season boys! Or at least I hope so.

Archived