NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Vucevic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you don't understand the concept of updating your plan in light of new evidence.  Suppose you like two girls: Jezebel and Becky.  Jezebel is hotter than Becky and everyone seems to have a crus

I get a hard on watching this dude play the game the right way.......     Just a filthy first quarter. A joy to watch play the game. Forget fantasy stuff.......

I've said it before but I was looking at the standings this morning and am even more convinced that the Magic won't trade Vuc.  There are only 5 winning teams in the East (Toronto, Philly, Indy, Detro

17 hours ago, mmart_ph said:

Well, I panic and traded him. I sent an offer for Nurkic. I was going to cancel, but the other GM already accepted. Probably one of those moves that I'll think about for years to come.

You panicked? Over what?

21 hours ago, mmart_ph said:

Well, I panic and traded him. I sent an offer for Nurkic. I was going to cancel, but the other GM already accepted. Probably one of those moves that I'll think about for years to come.

okay now I feel better with my Vuc for Gobert trade. Thanks

14 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

okay now I feel better with my Vuc for Gobert trade. Thanks

Glad I made someone feel better.. but damn I hate myself. Never thought the other guy would accept right away! I still have Vuc on my other team so might be more careful with him if I trade him.

2 minutes ago, mmart_ph said:

Glad I made someone feel better.. but damn I hate myself. Never thought the other guy would accept right away! I still have Vuc on my other team so might be more careful with him if I trade him.

Had the opposite trade in one of my leagues. Guy offered me Vuc for my Niko and I never clicked that accept buttons so fast in my life. That trade is looking better and better

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Had the opposite trade in one of my leagues. Guy offered me Vuc for my Niko and I never clicked that accept buttons so fast in my life. That trade is looking better and better

Did that just happen yesterday? I saw a similar trade in Yahoo's Trade Market

Hi guys 
seems we are a couple of losses away by Orlando tanking
Coach Clifford even said next games will tell if Orlando will be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline...
if they sell, there's no need to say that Vucevic will be moved (expiring contract and no interest to resign him)
Last call for you owners: SELL HIGH !!!!
Right now
and free Bamba asap

3 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

Hi guys 
seems we are a couple of losses away by Orlando tanking
Coach Clifford even said next games will tell if Orlando will be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline...
if they sell, there's no need to say that Vucevic will be moved (expiring contract and no interest to resign him)
Last call for you owners: SELL HIGH !!!!
Right now
and free Bamba asap

On paper trading Vuc seems like an obvious move, but reverse engineer it and see if there is an obvious landing spot for him on any contenders and it gets a little less clear. Looking at the entire East, I can only see it make sense for the Hornets and Wizards. And when you consider the Magic won't want to add Porter to further complicate their Gordon/Issac problem that kind of limits options for those 2 teams to make a deal unless the Magic want to gamble a lot on Wall. Out West it is the Clippers and Lakers...but those two squads are going to value him as a rental if their grand plans workout in the off season. Plus, there isn't much on those rosters that the Magic would want that is available in trades assuming the Lakers don't all of a sudden decide to deal their youth for a rental. 

So is Vuc really going to get dealt for a couple of second round picks? Too late to tank for the Magic with the basement teams having a massive headstart in the race to the bottom. Bamba still needs developing. I would much rather see the Magic deal Gordon and get out of that mess. I don't think it is crazy to mix and match Isaac, Bamba, Vuc at the 4/5. I think Gordon needs to go for this roster to start to realize some upside potential in years to come.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

On paper trading Vuc seems like an obvious move, but reverse engineer it and see if there is an obvious landing spot for him on any contenders and it gets a little less clear. Looking at the entire East, I can only see it make sense for the Hornets and Wizards. And when you consider the Magic won't want to add Porter to further complicate their Gordon/Issac problem that kind of limits options for those 2 teams to make a deal unless the Magic want to gamble a lot on Wall. Out West it is the Clippers and Lakers...but those two squads are going to value him as a rental if their grand plans workout in the off season. Plus, there isn't much on those rosters that the Magic would want that is available in trades assuming the Lakers don't all of a sudden decide to deal their youth for a rental. 

So is Vuc really going to get dealt for a couple of second round picks? Too late to tank for the Magic with the basement teams having a massive headstart in the race to the bottom. Bamba still needs developing. I would much rather see the Magic deal Gordon and get out of that mess. I don't think it is crazy to mix and match Isaac, Bamba, Vuc at the 4/5. I think Gordon needs to go for this roster to start to realize some upside potential in years to come.

I heard rumors of a Gordon for Mccollum trade.  That would be win-win imo.  Mccollum is an off-ball guard, not the point guard they need, but he could at least play on ball a little.  Augustin isn’t a great starting point guard but he can be a good back up.  Or they could play together.  Meanwhile, Lillard and McCollum conflict with each other and Portland could use a stretch four like Gordon.  Then if you can resign Vuc for less than the max I think that would put them in a lot better position than they are now, building around Vuc and McCollum.  Then maybe sell Bamba high or give him up in a three way trade.  If they could trade Gordon and Bamba in some sort of three-way trade and get McCollum and a point guard out the transaction that would be ideal.

8 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I heard rumors of a Gordon for Mccollum trade.  That would be win-win imo.  Mccollum is an off-ball guard, not the point guard they need, but he could at least play on ball a little.  Augustin isn’t a great starting point guard but he can be a good back up.  Or they could play together.  Meanwhile, Lillard and McCollum conflict with each other and Portland could use a stretch four like Gordon.  Then if you can resign Vuc for less than the max I think that would put them in a lot better position than they are now, building around Vuc and McCollum.  Then maybe sell Bamba high or give him up in a three way trade.  If they could trade Gordon and Bamba in some sort of three-way trade and get McCollum and a point guard out the transaction that would be ideal.

CJ is 27, seems to be on the decline, is a poor defender/distributor, and has a massive contract ($30m in 2020). I don’t personally see why the Magic would be interested. AG is still young and Bamba was just drafted. I can see them trading AG but probably not Bamba.

11 minutes ago, chaiway said:

CJ is 27, seems to be on the decline, is a poor defender/distributor, and has a massive contract ($30m in 2020). I don’t personally see why the Magic would be interested. AG is still young and Bamba was just drafted. I can see them trading AG but probably not Bamba.

I agree about McCollum but that trade is allegedly on the table.  All I’m saying is I’d prefer them trade Gordon over Vuc and that’s the trade I’ve heard involving Gordon.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, chaiway said:

I don't think age has anything to do with it as he is entering his prime years. It's his circumstance more so. 

Should we say Oladipo is on the decline or Garris is on the decline as well? 

Edited by HotSauce24
6 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

I don't think age has anything to do with it as he is entering his prime years. It's his circumstance more so. 

Should we say Oladipo is on the decline or Garris is on the decline as well? 

Age matters to the team's timeline, since the magic are a fairly young team - AG, Isaac, Bamba. His prime years might get wasted. I am also personally worried about CJs trajectory even though he is still in his prime

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

That's a no sense statement my friend

Why they should trade Gordon young and not expiring? ??

Vucevic is 29 and expiring, you lose him for nothing next summer 

That's why they have To trade him

2 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Age matters to the team's timeline, since the magic are a fairly young team - AG, Isaac, Bamba. His prime years might get wasted. I am also personally worried about CJs trajectory even though he is still in his prime

Yeah and I am saying 27 is a ripe age for a player of his calibur. Vooch is older than him. 

2 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

That's a no sense statement my friend

Why they should trade Gordon young and not expiring? ??

Vucevic is 29 and expiring, you lose him for nothing next summer 

That's why they have To trade him

You should re-read what I wrote. I stated very clearly it is obvious on paper, but when you try to reverse engineer a deal it basically boils down to not much of a market for Vooch (unless there is injury). 

Vooch is an incredibly talented player. Gordon is a mistake. I would rather see them re-sign Vooch, deal Gordon, and build like that moving forward. Bamba is not ready. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

You should re-read what I wrote. I stated very clearly it is obvious on paper, but when you try to reverse engineer a deal it basically boils down to not much of a market for Vooch (unless there is injury). 

Vooch is an incredibly talented player. Gordon is a mistake. I would rather see them re-sign Vooch, deal Gordon, and build like that moving forward. Bamba is not ready. 

And that's what I call a disaster move 

Resign a 28 YO center who is rightly looking for big money, but team is already 7 years built around this player without never making playoff (neither this season They will)

The right decision is turning the page, for the team and for the player too

17 hours ago, chaiway said:

As a blazers fan, I watch them often. I dont think cj is in decline.  His numbers are down because hes almost exclusively been playing with dame. In years past they staggered the majority of their minutes, so one of them was always on the floor. CJ needs the ball in his hands to produce and hes not as productive when the ball is going to dame

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

It was a fun ride boys. Traded this stud and Siakam away for KAT. Wish you all luck <3. 

Wow. Horrible trade . As a KAT owner, if someone offered that, it would be an insta accept and then laugh. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...