NBC Sports Edge Forums

Karl-Anthony Towns 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got offered sabonis for my Towns...   I've never been so insulted in my life 

I was feeling positive until my friend screen shotted how the Wolves listed LaVine as Q the day after he tore his ACL lol. 

Posted Images

He ******** sucks. Can't stand to look at him on my fantasy team, so I can't even imagine what Jimmy has to go through actually interacting with someone so weak on a day to day basis. As a competitor, you gotta understand Jimmy. What real winners (sports or life) want to be around losers? This guy... a loser. If you are defeated mentally, you can't even begin to think about the physical aspect. He'd already be off my team if i knew the other owners in my league wouldn't try to screw me further.

Something else to consider for tonight's game is that this Milwaukee team ran rings around the Timberwolves.  This is as much on Thibs as it is on the players.  Coach Bud's team is rolling like a well tuned V8 and Thibs had no idea what to do when Butler was getting smothered and KAT was a no show again.

For anyone distressing about his line tonight, check Butler's line tonight. Absolutely laughably abysmal. 

I know Butler was a GTD because of an illness, but if you think Towns' line was bad tonight just look at Butlers.

There really isn’t any excuses the way Kat is playing. Unless it’s personal issues outside of basketball. I wish I can not do any work because I hate my work colleague and my boss, and get paid 30mil for it. 

Edited by mas10
  • Like 2
On 10/25/2018 at 2:54 AM, Natetpk3 said:

This is a really extreme opinion to most people but I’d honestly trade Towns to Miami instead. Towns and Wiggins for Richardson Whiteside, and James Johnson plus a 2nd rounder. Whiteside and Richardson are more of Thibs style. If they want to build around Towns you have to get rid of Thibs. I just don’t think Thibs is the right coach for him. Mentally he’s checked out and he’s already kinda soft physically. I feel like if he would be more aggressive he’d easily be the #2 center behind Embidd, but he doesn’t have that killer instinct and is really folding mentally in this situation making it worse. Thibs is in win now mode, towns just seems to want to be the main guy and isn’t prioritizing winning or coming together as a team. Sure Butler is no saint and was wrong to get the media involved but you can’t deny butlers will to win which is more important then Towns individual wants.

I don't want this tin man on my team. He's softer than a baby's bottom. No fire in his soul whatsoever. What an insult lol.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, a-rob said:

from now on when I refer to him here in rotoworld, I will call him kat, all caps KAT only belongs to the beast the we used to know, until that happens on a regular basis he is only kat, like a small kitten

I will refer to him as PUSSY, all caps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Make no mistake guys, if you want Towns you'll have to pay.

You're not "buying him low" for a bunch of crap.

That said, if you put a compelling offer in front of the Towns owner, he'll have to at least think about it. There's gotta be some thought creeping into ihis head that with all the Butler drama this is going to be a (relatively) down year.

P.S. if y'all are buying (low) why is the Towns owner -- who likes KAT the most of anyone -- selling?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

P.S. if y'all are buying (low) why is the Towns owner -- who likes KAT the most of anyone -- selling?

As a PUSSY owner I'm very frustrated with the performance of late, but as a past PUSSY owner as well I often think about and remember the joy those boxes brought me.  Therefore, you are right that I won't sell for just anything, but what makes me consider selling is the lack of heart this year.  I have no doubt PUSSY will return to form at some point.  But nobody wants a soft, heartless PUSSY on their team.    Just ask Jimmy

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, nyfresh1 said:

As a PUSSY owner I'm very frustrated with the performance of late, but as a past PUSSY owner as well I often think about and remember the joy those boxes brought me.  Therefore, you are right that I won't sell for just anything, but what makes me consider selling is the lack of heart this year.  I have no doubt PUSSY will return to form at some point.  But nobody wants a soft, heartless PUSSY on their team.    Just ask Jimmy

Pussy Kat. 

It's kinda catchy and it gave me a little tickle. Yup. That's his new nickname. 

5 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Last year Kat had 69 double digit rebound games in 82 games played. This year through six games he has one. Something needs to change here asap. 

It's chemistry I think. Jimmy B's situation might be bothering him. Not being himself, at this rate.

Bought low on KAT imo and I'd recommend others do the same. 

Last nights game showed that MN is going to move Butler 100%.  The whole team was playing at seemingly 60% effort.  I wouldn't be surprised if Wiggins is claiming "injured" to avoid playing with Butler.  It's awkward out there, man.  KAT even while being emasculated by Jimmy and a lot of his own team's fans still put up a top 30 fantasy line.  He didn't even play the 4th quarter.

I'm also a fan of guys having a chance at redemption.  No man, especially professional athlete, especially former number 1 overall pick, wants the label of "soft" or "disinterested" looming over his name.  Once Butler is out of town, KAT is going to go right back to top 3 production.  I'm even working on buying low on Wiggins.  These 2 are young kids, and they just got slapped in the face with reality and by one of the hardest working players in the league.  Butler embarrassed them, and though Butler is pretty obviously correct that Wiggins and KAT need to play with passion and toughness, he went about this all wrong.  The key to leadership is pulling the rope, cuz you can''t push it.  This isn't the first time Butler has had friction with his team.  Remember when Butler went on ESPN and basically said " Either Derrick Rose, or myself...someone has to go.  You can't have two alpha dogs."  This was years ago, and somehow Rose and Butler are BACK ON THE SAME TEAM!!???!!  How in the world was this supposed to be a winning strategy?  This thing blew up just like most people with NBA knowledge knew it would.

I believe KAT and Wiggins band together after the Butler trade and they are motivated to show the world that they DO want to win, and Butler was the problem.  Even if Butler is 100% dead on, effort level can be fixed and a sweet, sweet revenge is totally possible for these 2.  Again, Butler definitely noticed a lack of intensity, and called these ridiculously talented KIDS out for taking their career for granted.  The message was received loud and clear.  Let's get Butler outta there, and let KAT and Wiggins have a fire under their a$$ to try and prove to the NBA that they may have taken this for granted, but they can play with heart and a strong will to win.  I'm excited for them to flip the script and hope things work out for Butler elsewhere, too.  Let's send him to Miami and get back Justise Winslow and Josh Richardson.  That would immediately, and drastically improve their defense and ball movement.  Those 2 are in the same age group as KAT / Wiggins too so they can become a great team together as the mature.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

Bought low on KAT imo and I'd recommend others do the same. 

Last nights game showed that MN is going to move Butler 100%.  The whole team was playing at seemingly 60% effort.  I wouldn't be surprised if Wiggins is claiming "injured" to avoid playing with Butler.  It's awkward out there, man.  KAT even while being emasculated by Jimmy and a lot of his own team's fans still put up a top 30 fantasy line.  He didn't even play the 4th quarter.

I'm also a fan of guys having a chance at redemption.  No man, especially professional athlete, especially former number 1 overall pick, wants the label of "soft" or "disinterested" looming over his name.  Once Butler is out of town, KAT is going to go right back to top 3 production.  I'm even working on buying low on Wiggins.  These 2 are young kids, and they just got slapped in the face with reality and by one of the hardest working players in the league.  Butler embarrassed them, and though Butler is pretty obviously correct that Wiggins and KAT need to play with passion and toughness, he went about this all wrong.  The key to leadership is pulling the rope, cuz you can''t push it.  This isn't the first time Butler has had friction with his team.  Remember when Butler went on ESPN and basically said " Either Derrick Rose, or myself...someone has to go.  You can't have two alpha dogs."  This was years ago, and somehow Rose and Butler are BACK ON THE SAME TEAM!!???!!  How in the world was this supposed to be a winning strategy?  This thing blew up just like most people with NBA knowledge knew it would.

I believe KAT and Wiggins band together after the Butler trade and they are motivated to show the world that they DO want to win, and Butler was the problem.  Even if Butler is 100% dead on, effort level can be fixed and a sweet, sweet revenge is totally possible for these 2.  Again, Butler definitely noticed a lack of intensity, and called these ridiculously talented KIDS out for taking their career for granted.  The message was received loud and clear.  Let's get Butler outta there, and let KAT and Wiggins have a fire under their a$$ to try and prove to the NBA that they may have taken this for granted, but they can play with heart and a strong will to win.  I'm excited for them to flip the script and hope things work out for Butler elsewhere, too.  Let's send him to Miami and get back Justise Winslow and Josh Richardson.  That would immediately, and drastically improve their defense and ball movement.  Those 2 are in the same age group as KAT / Wiggins too so they can become a great team together as the mature.  

Who did you trade for him? 

15 minutes ago, KuramaHiei said:

stop posting lowball offer stories -- adds very little value. What I want to explore are realistic offers that PUSSY owners find enticing. 

Would u take oladipo + booker?

Even Ola for Kat straight up isn't that bad either. Both finished pretty much 1st round. I would rather have Kat obviously, but that is considering he goes back to being the player he was which I firmly believe he will. Plus he is still doing better than dipo. But plus booker? I'd take ola+booker side in 12 team and higher leagues.

Edited by bhkim814