Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Robert Covington 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Saucy
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's been 40 days my Lord since you started missing games and I have not lost faith in you. You even named a dove, Dane Moore, to bring us this good news. It felt like it was raining for 40 days when you were gone. Now, the sun has shown its rays through the clouds and your imminent return will bring us bountiful joy and prosperity.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

What’s the deal with this injury?  Every other report says it’s his ankle then his knee.  It changes back and forth.  Is it both?

Nothing so mortal and banal as that. Our lord battled devils in the lowest depths of hell to bring us mere humans salvation and took on great harm upon his celestial being and now he rests in the highest circle of heaven with other fantasy gods such as Lord Kirilenko and His Majesty Marion

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Nothing so mortal and banal as that. Our lord battled devils in the lowest depths of hell to bring us mere humans salvation and took on great harm upon his celestial being and now he rests in the highest circle of heaven with other fantasy gods such as Lord Kirilenko and His Majesty Marion

I see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

What level player would you drop in a waiver claim for RoCo? He just went on waivers and I'm thinking this might be my shot at taking the sting out of this whole AD debacle

 

I’d drop anyone outside the top 100. I’m somewhat skeptical roco plays more than 15 games ros and with the wolves out of the playoff picture combined with rest days/rust from returning I’m not that confident.  But anyone outside the top 100 is barely over other ww players in 12 team leagues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I’d drop anyone outside the top 100. I’m somewhat skeptical roco plays more than 15 games ros and with the wolves out of the playoff picture combined with rest days/rust from returning I’m not that confident.  But anyone outside the top 100 is barely over other ww players in 12 team leagues.

 

Dude the wolves are only 4 games out of the 8 spot and 7 out from the 4th seed, plus Teague and Rose just got healthy, Ro-Co on the way, they just won 2 in a row and beat Houston.  You bet they're going to be trying like crazy to get in the playoffs!  I have no idea how many games he will end up playing.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

 

Dude the wolves are only 4 games out of the 8 spot and 7 out from the 4th seed, plus Teague and Rose just got healthy, Ro-Co on the way, they just won 2 in a row and beat Houston.  You bet they're going to be trying like crazy to get in the playoffs!  I have no idea how many games he will end up playing.  

That's pretty optimistic.  4 games is a lot.  People are discounting the Magic and they're only .5 games out of the 8th seed.  I don't think they're better than any of the top 8 teams.  Who do you think they have a chance of supplanting?

BTW this was aside from my thesis which was that he should pick up RoCO…but it's more of a speculative add than anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

That's pretty optimistic.  4 games is a lot.  People are discounting the Magic and they're only .5 games out of the 8th seed.  I don't think they're better than any of the top 8 teams.  Who do you think they have a chance of supplanting?

BTW this was aside from my thesis which was that he should pick up RoCO…but it's more of a speculative add than anything.

 

It's only 4 games it doesnt matter who they'd be supplanting if they just keep winning.  My point being is that the players and coaches don't think they're out of the playoff hunt by any means...now that could change if they start losing out the gate, but I think they keep it close til the last week or two of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's on my team, so I'm biased towards being optimistic-- but I also think he gets burn ROS. The Lakers and the Wolves are the two teams in the west that seem to have pressure put on making the playoffs. Either team could supplant LAC (who doesn't seem to be worrying much about keeping the 8th seed, after that Harris trade). They might not, but I'm betting both teams give it a go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Wolves need the Lord's D more than ever now that they seem committed to starting Saric over Taj. Their defensive rating jumps 10-15 spots with the Lord in there. That's how disruptive the Lord's D is. They are in the playoff hunt as long as he wills it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...