NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Love 2018-19 Season Outlook

Isn’t there an insurance policy that if an NBA player is injured and doesn’t play for a certain amount of games then insurance company is paying 85-90% of the contract or something like that? I remember this was why they held T-mac out that one year. Yea I know that was yearssss ago. 

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take it...to the ac forum. 

Don't say you weren't warned...                

Posted Images

6 hours ago, akund said:

Wait you're holding Bagley and Tristan when Ariza is on the wire?

In a punt FT% build, currently yes I am.

TT helps me secure rebounds with Drummond and DJ.  I believe the upside of Bagley is higher than Ariza. 🤷‍♂️

51 minutes ago, lemming said:

Should I trade my Larry Nance to reach Kevin Love?

Head is exploding.  Come on.

5 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

In a punt FT% build, currently yes I am.

TT helps me secure rebounds with Drummond and DJ.  I believe the upside of Bagley is higher than Ariza. 🤷‍♂️

Ariza has been top 40 per game in 9-cat over the last month and BBM projects him at 60th overall.

Bagley is ranked outside the top 180 per game and BBM projects him at 150th overall. Since you're definitely not keeping either of them, I certainly wouldn't be holding onto Bagley.

11 minutes ago, akund said:

Ariza has been top 40 per game in 9-cat over the last month and BBM projects him at 60th overall.

Bagley is ranked outside the top 180 per game and BBM projects him at 150th overall. Since you're definitely not keeping either of them, I certainly wouldn't be holding onto Bagley.

I see your points but Ariza single handedly can destroy your FG%

1 minute ago, LosingEffort said:

no sense for the Cavs tanking mood
IMO if he won't be traded before the deadline there's the risk he's a walking shutdown

i doubt it .. they just signed him to an extension and would want to see what they have/what they can build on .. and if they don’t like what they see, at the very least he would need to be showcased for potential trades in the offseason 

theyre not paying him all that money to sit if he’s healthy .. believe that 

21 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i doubt it .. they just signed him to an extension and would want to see what they have/what they can build on .. and if they don’t like what they see, at the very least he would need to be showcased for potential trades in the offseason 

theyre not paying him all that money to sit if he’s healthy .. believe that 

20 minute restriction plus no back to backs would accomplish both goals though. Show he's healthy but keep the tank rolling. 

51 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

20 minute restriction plus no back to backs would accomplish both goals though. Show he's healthy but keep the tank rolling. 

not really .. that would scare potential trades off on the count of his health appearing diminished and numbers being down. 

i can see a restriction for the first couple weeks, but he should be rolled out full force after that. they’re going to be a lottery team with or without him- won’t make much of a difference. 

Edited by COBBLEPOT
15 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

I can see a restriction for the first couple weeks, but he should be rolled out full force after that. they’re going to be a lottery team with or without him- won’t make much of a difference. 

What I'm hoping for Porzingis. Could be fantasy playoffs gold.

Granted, I got Porzingis for free off waivers, not with my 3rd pick.

7 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

What I'm hoping for Porzingis. Could be fantasy playoffs gold.

Granted, I got Porzingis for free off waivers, not with my 3rd pick.

no they value porzingis far too much to play him this season .. if they wanted to showcase him for a trade, it’d be a different story, but he’s their franchise 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, akund said:

Ariza is currently ranked 71 in standard cat Yahoo leagues. I see him dropping now with Porter's usage going up and Sato playing more. He should still finish inside the top 100 even if Morris and Howard were to return.

Edited by HotSauce24
7 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

no they value porzingis far too much to play him this season .. if they wanted to showcase him for a trade, it’d be a different story, but he’s their franchise 

I know this buy it's a gamble I'm willing to take with my 2nd IL spot. For now.

IMO, Porzingis is already ready to play, but they're holding him out to 1) be careful with him, 2) tank. I understand Porzingis is 7'3 and his injury is atypical for basketball players. You can look at football players for a better idea of the recovery period, since ACL ruptures are much more common in the NFL. Adrian Peterson returned to peak, MVP form 9 months after rupturing his ACL. I understand that he's not 7'3, but he weighs as much as Porzingis, his knees took more physical damage due to the nature of the sport, and puts as much, if not more, stress on his knees when running/cutting than Porzingis. Every year, there are a lot of NFL linemen who tear their ACLs and all return within 12 months. Again, they're ~8" shorter than Porzingis, but NFL linemen typically weigh 320-340lbs and other 300lb dudes fall on their legs on pretty much every play.

1 hour ago, calebcjy said:

here’s Kevin loves interview about his own recovery 

basically the TLDW: He doesn’t know when he’ll be back, basically depends on how his foot responds 😭😅

https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video/teams/cavaliers/2019/01/07/2405476/1546887349213-18-19-cle-practice-kevin-love-2405476

This was the video that made me think he's not worth a flyer. It does not sound at all like he's eager to get back.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

Anyone dropped him recently? Been holding him all season but sliding in the standings. 

I just dropped yesterday after holding all season, had to make room for players who will actually be on the court with my team continuing to be ravaged by injuries.
Now I'm just kicking myself for not dropping him months ago. This was in a shallow league though.

• Like 1

At this point if you drop after holding all season that itself would be , indescribable but go head n do you. Most likely news will come after this week, cavs still need to sell tickets and there are fans who will come watch a healthy Kevin Love. He’s a Olympian and a champion, if the NBA allowed players to tank while paying them 28M+ a year when they spent all that money and time rehabbing him would be ridiculous considering those that don’t have a home or food to eat. Getting sidetracked, it would be proposterous to spend all that money n time just for him to sit the whole year 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

At this point if you drop after holding all season that itself would be , indescribable but go head n do you. Most likely news will come after this week, cavs still need to sell tickets and there are fans who will come watch a healthy Kevin Love. He’s a Olympian and a champion, if the NBA allowed players to tank while paying them 28M+ a year when they spent all that money and time rehabbing him would be ridiculous considering those that don’t have a home or food to eat. Getting sidetracked, it would be proposterous to spend all that money n time just for him to sit the whole year 

If you are on the verge of not making the playoffs, dropping him makes perfect sense

41 minutes ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

If you are on the verge of not making the playoffs, dropping him makes perfect sense

Wouldn't it be better to trade him to the 1/2/3rd place guy and get even a top 150 guy for him? Anything really.......

Why drop and give him to potentially the opponent that can take you final playoff spot if Love comes back?