NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Love 2018-19 Season Outlook

15 minutes ago, crocp said:

Wouldn't it be better to trade him to the 1/2/3rd place guy and get even a top 150 guy for him? Anything really.......

Why drop and give him to potentially the opponent that can take you final playoff spot if Love comes back?

Nobody was willing to give me anything ... But yes I tried

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take it...to the ac forum. 

Don't say you weren't warned...                

Posted Images

On 1/22/2019 at 2:45 PM, CityBaller8 said:

At this point if you drop after holding all season that itself would be , indescribable but go head n do you. Most likely news will come after this week, cavs still need to sell tickets and there are fans who will come watch a healthy Kevin Love. He’s a Olympian and a champion, if the NBA allowed players to tank while paying them 28M+ a year when they spent all that money and time rehabbing him would be ridiculous considering those that don’t have a home or food to eat. Getting sidetracked, it would be proposterous to spend all that money n time just for him to sit the whole year 

I agree with this entirely. 

Not dropping till there is official news he's out for the season. No sense in dropping now imo. 

Kevin Love (left foot) went through all aspects of Thursday's non-contact practice. The non-contact factor here is important, but this is also the first time we've heard of Love going through anything more than shooting drills, so it is a fairly large step in his recovery. He remains without a timetable, and the tanking Cavs will obviously be cautious in bringing him back, but perhaps we'll see him back on the court after the All-Star break. He's close enough to warrant a stash in most settings at this point.

3 minutes ago, yeet said:

Kevin Love (left foot) went through all aspects of Thursday's non-contact practice. The non-contact factor here is important, but this is also the first time we've heard of Love going through anything more than shooting drills, so it is a fairly large step in his recovery. He remains without a timetable, and the tanking Cavs will obviously be cautious in bringing him back, but perhaps we'll see him back on the court after the All-Star break. He's close enough to warrant a stash in most settings at this point.

Yes ! Finally some news. 

In my years covering sports I’ve never seen a team extend a player past 100M to shut him down the whole year, where do I sign up for that job? Lol glad he is healthy and should give teams some help into playoffs 

6 hours ago, crocp said:

so....lol. how is he on anyones wire???

Are you in a yahoo public league?

I'm not.. but if your league does not have an IR spot it is hard to keep a guy who has been out for 90% of the season and without a timeline to come back.

In my case,  the only league I am competing in which does not have an IR spot (and no it is not a yahoo public league), the top 5 are pretty close together so it is very hard to hold someone like KLove who does not have a definitive timeline.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I'm not.. but if your league does not have an IR spot it is hard to keep a guy who has been out for 90% of the season and without a timeline to come back.

In my case,  the only league I am competing in which does not have an IR spot (and no it is not a yahoo public league), the top 5 are pretty close together so it is very hard to hold someone like KLove who does not have a definitive timeline.

They make love out to be a god but he only helps in 4 cats anyway lol. Pts rebs 3s and ft%. Fg% disastrous for a center, no stocks or assists. Smart to have him on the wire with no IR spot since we are in week 16 of week 21 before playoffs and he has given owners no production at all. All that time off on a tanking cavs team with no talent around him and people thing he will prolly average 23 and 12 in the playoff weeks for them to save them lmao

• Like 1
Just now, richg24 said:

They make love out to be a god but he only helps in 4 cats anyway lol. Pts rebs 3s and ft%. Fg% disastrous for a center, no stocks or assists. Smart to have him on the wire with no IR spot since we are in week 16 of week 21 before playoffs and he has given owners no production at all. All that time off on a tanking cavs team with no talent around him and people thing he will prolly average 23 and 12 in the playoff weeks for them to save them lmao

I personally like KLove but the situation that I have with KLove being on the WW is in my points league where he will help a lot. In 9 cat, that's true, he will probably only help you in 4 cats. His FG% was atrocious when he was playing at the start of the season.

You need to win games before you can get to the playoffs and having KLove in your lineup without an IR spot won't help you achieve that.

Kevin Love (foot) participated in a 5-on-5, full-contact practice on Thursday.

Larry Drew said it's unlikely that Love will be cleared for Saturday's game against the Mavericks, but this was Love's first time going through contact work since his foot procedure, and he was able to scrimmage too. Love appears to be on the cusp of a return, which isn't great news for Larry Nance and Ante Zizic.

Rest of my league watch out after clowning me for having hope for K-Love. Still think it was not the most wise decision in hindsight with the Cavs doing their post LeBron ****fest, but we'll see who's laughing while staying afloat in a high playoff spot with him on my IR the whole season!

• Like 1
On 1/31/2019 at 1:19 PM, Crazycanto said:

Rest of my league watch out after clowning me for having hope for K-Love. Still think it was not the most wise decision in hindsight with the Cavs doing their post LeBron ****fest, but we'll see who's laughing while staying afloat in a high playoff spot with him on my IR the whole season!

lol facts, drafted Love in 2 leagues and have had guys riding me in my leagues for drafting him. 

Now they are sending trade offers for Love.

1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

Very encouraging that he had another full practice back-to-back. Less encouraging that it’s on the week of the trade deadline haha—kinda want that vacant spot in case I need to make an impulse add.

Why is it less encouraging? If KLove gets traded that is brilliant because then he wont be a shutdown candidate 

Just now, j3rkthenurk said:

Why is it less encouraging? If KLove gets traded that is brilliant because then he wont be a shutdown candidate 

Less encouraging on a personal level for my team and the ability to use that open slot, I meant. Of course it would be great if he got traded.