NBC Sports Edge Forums

Prioritizing WW Adds and my DL spots. WHIR 100%

1) Yahoo 10 Team Keeper Roto 5x5 (Keep 3 for 3 years)

C: Gomes 1B: J. Martinez  2B: Albies  3B: Moustakas  SS: Torres  OF: Harper, Haniger, Blackmon,  UT: Benintiendi

SP: Sale, Quintana, McCullers, Wood, Manaea, Stripling, Freeland  RP: Iglesias, Kela, Ottavino, Barraclough

Bench: Profar, Meadows

DL: Andrus, Cespedes

Obviously, the first thing is that I need to figure out whether to drop Andrus or let go of Profar, Meadows, or Freeland to bring him back. Next, I am considering J. Jimenez for saves now that Greene is shelved or Smith since he looks like the best in SF. Also, Peraza is tempting me as well. Thoughts on how to get this done and what moves I should make?

Meadows is the drop for Andrus. I probably wouldn't bother with Peraza in a 10 teamer, but you could drop Profar for him if need be. Andrus is not a drop candidate. If you would prefer another save source over bat depth, you could drop Profar for Jimenez instead, but Jimenez likely won't be a long term fixture on your team, and I still prefer Profar. Is Gomes really the best catcher you could get in a 10 owner league? That would be the first place I can imagine you could find an upgrade here.

30 minutes ago, jbj said:

Meadows is the drop for Andrus. I probably wouldn't bother with Peraza in a 10 teamer, but you could drop Profar for him if need be. Andrus is not a drop candidate. If you would prefer another save source over bat depth, you could drop Profar for Jimenez instead, but Jimenez likely won't be a long term fixture on your team, and I still prefer Profar. Is Gomes really the best catcher you could get in a 10 owner league? That would be the first place I can imagine you could find an upgrade here.

Meadows was the option I was going with first so thanks for the reassurance. 

Catcher-wise....the other WW options are Diaz (Cervelli replacement), Chirinos, Barnhart, Hundley, Knapp, and Suzuki. Nothing special here. I had John Hicks, he ran dry so I picked up Gomes when he had a hot bat. Diaz has been the best of all of them over the past month while filling in for Cervelli.

That is pretty odd. I doubt anyone has more than 1 catcher, and between Sanchez/Posey/Realmuto/Gattis/Molina/Ramos/Perez/Grandal you must be the only guy in the league without a good one. I would take Hicks or Suzuki over Diaz or Gomes personally, but maybe you will get lucky and Mejia will get called up with catcher eligibility to be your saving grace. I suppose this is pretty unrelated to your original topic, but I just find that interesting since catcher has been relatively deep this year.

On 7/2/2018 at 4:57 PM, jbj said:

That is pretty odd. I doubt anyone has more than 1 catcher, and between Sanchez/Posey/Realmuto/Gattis/Molina/Ramos/Perez/Grandal you must be the only guy in the league without a good one. I would take Hicks or Suzuki over Diaz or Gomes personally, but maybe you will get lucky and Mejia will get called up with catcher eligibility to be your saving grace. I suppose this is pretty unrelated to your original topic, but I just find that interesting since catcher has been relatively deep this year.

Yeah I've been keeping a close eye on him actually!