NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wander Franco, SS, TB

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I absolutely cannot wait until the day comes when this question never needs to be asked again.

I think he meant when the rules change and there is no Super 2 anymore.   

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, 5catstud said:

Anyone expect him to struggle at all?

yeah sure, maybe. I think he struggled at A+ for a week or so if I recall. He certainly could struggle here.  He seems less ready than Kelenic and the Rays are much cheaper than Seattle, so I could see them waiting for Super 2 here easily. 

Edited by brockpapersizer

Something to keep an eye on is that Willy Adames currently has a .509 OPS. Even with his strong defense, he's producing 0 WAR.

Still doubt we see Wander before Super 2 - that gives him a month to play in real games for the first time in a while, and Adames a chance to turn it around, which I expect he will to at least some degree. But if not, Franco could be an everyday SS faster than expected.

On 4/29/2021 at 2:59 PM, SpartyOn4 said:

Something to keep an eye on is that Willy Adames currently has a .509 OPS. Even with his strong defense, he's producing 0 WAR.

Willy Adames's primary value to the Rays is the Super Two cut-off WAR that he's accumulating in regards to Wander's promotion.

If the Rays didn’t have the financial philosophy that they do, I would say there’s a very real possibility he’s up within two weeks taking Adames’ spot at short.

Finished his first AAA game 3/5, triple, 2 rbi, 1 run scored, and a stolen base.

It’s so nice to be able to track his MILB play again and watch highlights. I might actually get a MILB subscription

He showed it all today from the highlights. Power, hit tool, running.

• Like 3

Yeah, he is ridiculously good. Has hit for the cycle already total through two games, lol. Two singles, a triple, double, and now a homer. Adames is terrible, if he keeps hitting like this they can’t justify keeping him down.

• Like 1

With how much he’s raking down at Triple-A and how anemic the Rays offense has been if you were a betting man what do you think his ETA is now for the major league roster?

2 hours ago, collucho said:

“Has not allowed a hit yet- KABOOM!”

Haha that WOULD be cool except he was talking about the pitcher on Wander Franco's team, Joe Ryan, not the guy pitching at Wander Franco at that moment.  Joe Ryan a pretty good prospect in his own right who will likely be up at some point this year.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Nothing to see here. 2/6 with a HR last night in a blowout. Guess no one posting because it’s just expected at this point. 

Edited by Wytchclt55
Wrong total ABs
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Nothing to see here. 2/6 with a HR last night in a blowout. Guess no one posting because it’s just expected at this point. 

You posted . He’s good and everyone knows it. It was posted about in the player update thread 

Edited by brockpapersizer
6 minutes ago, Stugots119 said:

Around what date is everyone guessing he gets called up?

I'd be surprised if it's any time before June 15.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

I'd be surprised if it's any time before June 15.

Agreed, but for what it’s worth the guys on Rates and Barrels said they thought he’d be up within two weeks last week, based on his performance and track record thus far, which would put him up maybe mid way this month. 🤷‍♂️  

Edited by alowe1275