NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wander Franco, SS, TB

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I absolutely cannot wait until the day comes when this question never needs to be asked again.

I think he meant when the rules change and there is no Super 2 anymore.   

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

his baseball card just sold for 200k at auction

what in the ****

I saw that! Wasn't even a 1/1 Bowman super or anything, was numbered out of 5...that is insane

• Like 1

BB/K ratio back up to 9/11 after it had dipped a little to 4/10 a week or so ago. He is seeing the ball well, only a matter of time it feels like before he goes on a big streak again.

Posted (edited)

FWIW he has been SCORCHING hot the last 5 games. 7/21 (.333) 6R, 2 2b, 1 3B, 1 HR, 8 RBI, 2 SB, 0 K, 3 BB...and he’s suddenly not in the lineup tonight. Just sayin...

Edited by Wytchclt55
Stats fixed
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

FWIW he has been SCORCHING hot the last 5 games. 7/21 (.333) 6R, 2 2b, 1 3B, 1 HR, 8 RBI, 2 SB, 0 K, 3 BB...and he’s suddenly not in the lineup tonight. Just sayin...

Probably giving him a night off. If he was getting the call we’d have heard it by now.

8 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

When is the Super 2 date?  Have a trade involving Franco, is it a lock that he is up in June?

Likely somewhere between May 10th and June 10th. So for Tampa, they’d likely wait until mid-June to make sure. Read the Twitter thread below for a better explanation:

4 minutes ago, Dark One said:

I absolutely cannot wait until the day comes when this question never needs to be asked again.

people don't know so they ask and if people don't answer it will continue to be asked,...so, when is super 2?

17 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

people don't know so they ask and if people don't answer it will continue to be asked,...so, when is super 2?

I think he meant when the rules change and there is no Super 2 anymore. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

Two people actually did answer you right above me - there's never a set in stone Super 2 date that's common knowledge in advance, it's always subject to conjecture based on the complicated formula and it typically falls somewhere around mid-June or so (sometimes earlier, sometimes later), with teams often waiting a few extra weeks/days as @Overlord alluded to in order to play it safe.

@brockpapersizer was spot on (as usual) with respect to my post having nothing to do with criticizing you personally and everything to do with hoping the next collective bargaining agreement eliminates both the years of team control and arbitration eligibility incentives for organizations to delay calling up their star prospects (who are more often than not the best options for their respective parent clubs than whoever else they're trotting out there on a daily basis).

• Like 3
15 hours ago, meh2 said:

Likely somewhere between May 10th and June 10th. So for Tampa, they’d likely wait until mid-June to make sure. Read the Twitter thread below for a better explanation:

10 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

Read the reply to you again. And again, if necessary.

You could also ask google instead of here fishing for answers, no?

• Like 2

He had that one rough series against Charlotte where he went 2-24 with 5 strikeouts but he’s been dominant besides that. Gotta figure it’s only a matter of weeks before he is up.

1 hour ago, killa3312 said:

He had that one rough series against Charlotte where he went 2-24 with 5 strikeouts but he’s been dominant besides that. Gotta figure it’s only a matter of weeks before he is up.

If Super 2 is next week then I bet it’s in 2 weeks. We’ll see.

9 hours ago, killa3312 said:

Hasn’t struck out in 7 games straight.

It's especially amazing because it seems like MiLB K rates are going through the roof. I don't know if that's actually true, but I keep seeing top prospects who didn't whiff a lot before striking out over 30% of the time. And then there's Wander at 10% and dropping at age 20 in AAA.

50 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

It's especially amazing because it seems like MiLB K rates are going through the roof. I don't know if that's actually true, but I keep seeing top prospects who didn't whiff a lot before striking out over 30% of the time. And then there's Wander at 10% and dropping at age 20 in AAA.

He had literally that one series against Charlotte where he struggled abs they seemed to figure him out a little bit but asides from that he has been amazing. His ability to make contact is incredible but he is disciplined and doesn’t take bad swings.

4 minutes ago, killa3312 said:

3-4 tonight with two hard singles and the homer. Only time he got out he got ahead 3-0 before grounding out. He is ready. 

It would be super if he were ready, but he has 1 or 2 things to work on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5