NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Zach LaVine 2018-19 Season Outlook

44 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

I packaged Lavine, Payton, and Butler for Lowry, Drummond, and Prince.. my roster is a punt FT build.

Meh. I wouldn’t quantify this as a sell high really. It’s a toss up deal where I could see you actually losing it. For me I’d rather have the Lavine side but since your punt build I do get it. 

I know I'm not selling high.  Sure, his FG% has to drop at least some at some point (and his PPG along with it of course), but he still should be an elite SG.  He's obviously back to his pre-injury self, but there's more opportunities for him with Chicago than Minnesota, so his usage should stay really high even when Dunn gets back.

Sure, he likely won't end the season with great averages in the two stock categories, but he'll be elite in points, threes, and FT%, while probably being solid in FG% and even a helpful handful of assists per game thrown in.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2018 at 2:30 PM, KilloWertz said:

I know I'm not selling high.  Sure, his FG% has to drop at least some at some point (and his PPG along with it of course), but he still should be an elite SG.  He's obviously back to his pre-injury self, but there's more opportunities for him with Chicago than Minnesota, so his usage should stay really high even when Dunn gets back.

Sure, he likely won't end the season with great averages in the two stock categories, but he'll be elite in points, threes, and FT%, while probably being solid in FG% and even a helpful handful of assists per game thrown in.

He ran the offense some last game. Hoiberg put one lineup out with no PGs and Lavine as the primary ballhandler. Possible that he can average 5+ apg over the next 4-6 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously it was a bit aided by the fact that the game went into double OT, but still, the line of the night would have to go to LaVine (even over Kanter's 20-20).

41 Points, 4 Threes, 4 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 3 Steals, 2 Blocks, all on 13-25 from the field and 11-14 from the line.

Edited by KilloWertz