NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zach LaVine 2018-19 Season Outlook

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jokic for Randle and Lavine is one of the worst trades I have ever heard of in my life I can't believe you would consider it for more than 1 millisecond. 

Wow. I think this dude is trying to prove he is worth the money!

By this logic every player on a non-playoff team should sit out. Believe it or not there's value to playing from an individual and team development standpoint.   It's just not the way the NB

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, chud12 said:

So Lavine said his ankle is at 80 percent right now yet it looks like he’s playing snd the training staff is okay with it, odd stuff going on just so he can play against his former team. 

I believe this is the same training staff that nearly killed Luol Deng. Comparatively, this is nothing.

Nice first game back. and back EARLY! 

could it be possible that this guy can become an efficient scorer???? 

Still doesn't do much on the defensive end but he looks smooth out there 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

still cant understand why this dude cant avg 1.2+ steals with his athleticism and xplosiveness 

Possibly because it isn't important to him? He clearly doesn't focus on the defensive end. 

With that said, I AGREE! With as many mins as he plays and as athletic as he is... He should definitely be able to get some steals just by shooting the gaps

5 minutes ago, DLove said:

Possibly because it isn't important to him? He clearly doesn't focus on the defensive end. 

With that said, I AGREE! With as many mins as he plays and as athletic as he is... He should definitely be able to get some steals just by shooting the gaps

John Collins says hi. 😁 Defense just is not important to most players. 

Edited by chud12
8 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

Buy-low?  Or will he not return to his top 30 value with Chicago getting healthy?

I wouldn't pay anything higher than top 60 value for him.  All his numbers are trending the wrong way since Lauri and Dunn came back, and the Bulls have a bad fantasy PO schedule to boot.

16 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

I wouldn't pay anything higher than top 60 value for him.  All his numbers are trending the wrong way since Lauri and Dunn came back, and the Bulls have a bad fantasy PO schedule to boot.

It's not only that the Bulls got healthy, its Boylan's system. Much slower pace means less open shots, fewer transition shots, fewer possessions and there feeding Robin Lopez in the post a lot. It's a isshh show as he plays for the worst coach in the NBA taking the reigns from Bickerstaff in Memphis. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, chud12 said:

It's not only that the Bulls got healthy, its Boylan's system. Much slower pace means less open shots, fewer transition shots, fewer possessions and there feeding Robin Lopez in the post a lot. It's a isshh show as he plays for the worst coach in the NBA taking the reigns from Bickerstaff in Memphis. 

As I posted in the Holliday thread...

"Since Boylen took over as the head coach in Chicago the Bulls have seen their pace slow down from 100.8 to 96.4, and their 3-point attempts have dipped from 29.3 to 22.9, with Boylen often preferring post-ups from Robin Lopez rather than transition buckets from his younger, more athletic players." 

Edited by chud12
1 hour ago, NBA_OG said:

Would you say the same about Blake Griffin on blocks?

theres a difference between blks and steals. just because you can jump and are tall doesn't translate to blks.  steals is more effort than blks. see every other point guard 

only jamal murray, lillard and lavine don't avg 1+ steals (top 25 for min played)

im sure there are a lot more center in the top 25 for min played that don't avg 1 blk (blake love adams Draymond Ayton joker Collins randal wcs. TT 

so basically comparing blks and steals makes no sense at all

Just now, Nate1213 said:

Are we expecting an uptick in production after this trade? In negotiations to trade Jokic for Julius Randle and Lavine. Not sure how I feel about Lavine ROS. 

The trade has zero to do with Lavine. Holiday was a very low usage player. 

2 hours ago, Nate1213 said:

Are we expecting an uptick in production after this trade? In negotiations to trade Jokic for Julius Randle and Lavine. Not sure how I feel about Lavine ROS. 

Jokic for Randle and Lavine is one of the worst trades I have ever heard of in my life I can't believe you would consider it for more than 1 millisecond. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, richg24 said:

I want to like this more than once.  Needs like 10 trophies and 15 laughing emojis.

13 minutes ago, richg24 said:

What is the person getting Lavins and Julius actually losing in the deal? Considering he will prob be dropping a fridge asset.  The only way I wouldn’t do this deal is if my team was hella stacked and I was worried about Randels role once Miro is back. Your literally gaining a ton in every cat besides turnovers and maybe a small dip in fg percentage. 

Edited by chud12
26 minutes ago, chud12 said:

What is the person getting Lavins and Julius actually losing in the deal? Considering he will prob be dropping a fridge asset.  The only way I wouldn’t do this deal is if my team was hella stacked and I was worried about Randels role once Miro is back. Your literally gaining a ton in every cat besides turnovers and maybe a small dip in fg percentage. 

Lavine has barely been a top-100 player this past month - those players can be found on the wire (Satoransky, for example).  I'd much rather have Jokic/Satoransky than Randle/Lavine.

Just now, wallacesnoop said:

Lavine has barely been a top-100 player this past month - those players can be found on the wire (Satoransky, for example).  I'd much rather have Jokic/Satoransky than Randle/Lavine.

Lavine has played 4 games in the past 3 1/2 weeks so those rankings are skewed mightily. Rankings in standard settings are pretty much a joke. Anyway with certain guys. (Satoransky last year) 

24 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lavine has played 4 games in the past 3 1/2 weeks so those rankings are skewed mightily. Rankings in standard settings are pretty much a joke. Anyway with certain guys. (Satoransky last year) 

Yes, in standard settings TOs are overvalued - but even if punting TO Lavine is probably a top 40-50 player while Randle is a top 75 player - still not enough for Davis who at worst might be #2 (behind Harden) in that setting.    It does close the gap quite a bit though...

1 minute ago, wallacesnoop said:

Yes, in standard settings TOs are overvalued - but even if punting TO Lavine is probably a top 40-50 player while Randle is a top 75 player - still not enough for Jokic who at worst might be #2 (behind Harden) in that setting.    It does close the gap quite a bit though...

You mean Jokic and like I said I’d only do the deal if I needed depth. Jokic is obviously by far the best player in the deal but people laughing at the trade really shouldn’t. The owner trading away Jokic is gaining a ton in a nice amount of cats. 

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

You mean Jokic and like I said I’d only do the deal if I needed depth. Jokic is obviously by far the best player in the deal but people laughing at the trade really shouldn’t. The owner trading away Jokic is gaining a ton in a nice amount of cats. 

Whoops, Jokic, who is top 10.   You make a fair point though.  Another thing to consider is Lavine/Randle have 3/3/3 PO schedules while Jokic has one of the best.