NBC Sports EDGE Forums

need advice

firchf1

Question,i am in a weekly points league.Right now i am last in era and whip 5th in k's,10th in saves and 9th in wins. pitchers are Mahle,Newcomb,Paxton,Pivetta,Ray,Roark,Hamels,Happ,Rp are Dominquez,Rondon,Winkler on offence leading all except hr ,one behind,and sb but made some trades to hopefully get more sb.In a weekly league how would you improve my pitching or do you think i should ride it out with what i have?

Need more information in order to help you.  What does your offense look like?  What SP are available on the waiver wire?  Without knowing what your whole team is, it is difficult to see your depth and what you can afford to trade to help your weak SP.  

Realmuto,Freeman,Dejong,Suarez,Buez,Crawford,Gennett,Ozuna,Rosario,Olsen,Moncey,Shaw,bench,Buxton,Baures,Meadows,Adams.some pitchers out there lugo,richard,barria,williams,suarez pickings are slim there are a lot of set up guys also like Herrera,Ottaveno,yates. this is a 13 team league 26 man rosters,9 pitching slots 6 starters 3 rp.

27 minutes ago, firchf1 said:

Realmuto,Freeman,Dejong,Suarez,Buez,Crawford,Gennett,Ozuna,Rosario,Olsen,Moncey,Shaw,bench,Buxton,Baures,Meadows,Adams.some pitchers out there lugo,richard,barria,williams,suarez pickings are slim there are a lot of set up guys also like Herrera,Ottaveno,yates. this is a 13 team league 26 man rosters,9 pitching slots 6 starters 3 rp.

You are pretty much toast on the pitching side imo.    Suarez and Barria have a little appeal, but are also on the margins at best.  Best you can likely do is stream based on match up and hope you can get points in Ws and Ks while maybe getting fortunate to not get a torching or two to ruin your ratios.  Ottavino is worth an add if you have the slot as he will get you a few vulture wins and saves while posting good ratio and K numbers (beware late season implosion on middle relievers though).  My 2 cents.