NBC Sports Edge Forums

Enyel De Los Santos 2018 Outlook

Tough to see this as more than a spot start. Nola Arrieta Efflin locked into spots. Velazquez back Wednesday. Both Vinny V and Pivetta probably have some rope. I'd say with a good game Enyel becomes their #6, and the immediate back-up plan for any injuries. 

That said, he's playing the Mets, and is in immediate consideration for streaming. 

30 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

Tough to see this as more than a spot start. Nola Arrieta Efflin locked into spots. Velazquez back Wednesday. Both Vinny V and Pivetta probably have some rope. I'd say with a good game Enyel becomes their #6, and the immediate back-up plan for any injuries. 

That said, he's playing the Mets, and is in immediate consideration for streaming. 

Except despite Yahoo's big prospect database he isn't available there already in advance and ESPN obviously wouldn't have him either.  At least even if this is a spot start it will activate him into the database for pick-ups down the line.

He has been added to Yahoo's database already btw.  But like all adds he has to clear waivers.  Yahoo has him clearing tomorrow, Tuesday the 10th, in all my leagues no matter what the individual waiver settings are in each league.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
4 hours ago, Red Sox Nation said:

Mets really aren't this terrible offensive club that everyone keeps suggesting to stream against.  Their Bautista signing was a good move.  He probably won't hit enough HRs to be great fantasy wise but he will always walk.  Nimmo+Bautista is like a  .400 OBP 1-2.  Cabrera seems to be in the middle of a career year.  Their catching platoon is decent because they walk.  Conforto sucks but he still walks a lot. Flores hits the odd HR and it isn't too terrible.

Team OPS killed by Bruce, Agon Reyes earlier in the year.  Not saying they are the 27 yankees..but they aren't that bad.

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

Mets really aren't this terrible offensive club that everyone keeps suggesting to stream against.  Their Bautista signing was a good move.  He probably won't hit enough HRs to be great fantasy wise but he will always walk.  Nimmo+Bautista is like a  .400 OBP 1-2.  Cabrera seems to be in the middle of a career year.  Their catching platoon is decent because they walk.  Conforto sucks but he still walks a lot. Flores hits the odd HR and it isn't too terrible.

Team OPS killed by Bruce, Agon Reyes earlier in the year.  Not saying they are the 27 yankees..but they aren't that bad.

But yet they are.  I'm not saying that De Los Santos is going to go out there and throw a gem in his debut, but the Mets are 28th in Runs, 29th in Average, and they continue to be awful in July just like they were in June and before.  There's a reason why Jacob deGrom only has 5 wins, and while they are a horrible fielding team with a bad bullpen, they still give him no run support.

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

Not saying they are the 27 yankees..but they aren't that bad.

Um. Yeah. Have you looked at their actual offensive metrics? Or their record? 

C'mon man. The Mets are horrendous. Possibly the worst team in the NL. 

So what is the deal with this guy? I haven't seen anyone post about his prospect status or any stats thrown out there. Is he someone to keep an eye on for the long term? I I actually know nothing about the guy.

9 minutes ago, Csiebert5 said:

So what is the deal with this guy? I haven't seen anyone post about his prospect status or any stats thrown out there. Is he someone to keep an eye on for the long term? I I actually know nothing about the guy.

Nice AAA stats this season. 1.89 ERA about 9K/9. He was on the most recent "Top 10 pitching prospects to stash" list on Pitcher's List