• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Nothing goes over my head.  My reflexes are too fast."

hmm let's see what is going on in this threa...d    

Posted Images

Hopefully the minutes are about 25 next game. Originally Collins was only suppose to play 16 min tonight but got close to 20 because I’m guessing he looked and played so well.  Maybe also starting would be nice. 

6 hours ago, hoop said:

Lots of positive takeaways from my perspective:

• - Physically, you couldn't ask for anything more. He looked active and energetic every moment he was on the floor. IMO he looked a notch faster and more athletic than all other bigs on the floor (besides Harrell).
  • - Didn't look lost at all on both ends. Was communicating on defense, setting screens, making the right plays.
  • - Clearly trying to be a playmaker. Driving down the lane, smart passes. Small sample size, but his facilitating should be a nice addition this season.
  • - Looked solid on offense. On defense kinda fell victim to Harrell a bit, but he'll be better about not fouling as the season progresses.
  • - Of course he knocked down 2 of 3 treys and his shot looked good.

Obviously a small sample size, but a lot to be excited about going forward.

Thanks! I saw the highlights and he looks super smooth. Does he have the look and demeanor of a star? The faceup stepback jumper was an advanced move

14 hours ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Time to put him in my roster...😉

He teased the tr3-ball last year, but I hadn't noticed the court vision. Seems like he has good understanding with Young, and especially with Prince.

8 hours ago, Mfbenoit said:

Thanks! I saw the highlights and he looks super smooth. Does he have the look and demeanor of a star? The faceup stepback jumper was an advanced move

Obviously no one knows for sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pushing low-20s ppg in the next couple years and be known as a versatile, explosive, agile two-way big man. Already in these two limited performances he’s making his teammates around him better, too.

I drafted him 4th round this year, was high on him coming in. Obviously need to see a lot more of him this season. So far so good!

John Collins and Dewayne Dedmon will move into the starting lineup for Wednesday's game against the Raptors.

It only took Collins two games to regain his spot in the starting five, and it'll be interesting to see what his minutes look like tonight with Omari Spellman (hip) and Alex Poythress (ankle) unlikely to play. Collins and Dedmon will be joined by the usuals: Trae Young, Kent Bazemore, Taurean Prince.
  • Like 1

Obviously, he's just getting his legs back under him....but damn, I would feel a lot more encouraged if I saw a big rebounding number with some steals and blocks next game.  I'm not expecting huge things from him in those categories or anything.  But he's got to average 7-8 boards/night and put up 1.5 combined in steals/blocks. 

My concern when I drafted him was that he would play away from the rim too much and only score points.  The points will be solid but nowhere near enough to carry him to his expected value without solid rebounding and defensive numbers.

• Like 1