NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Hart 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Walton is the problem here, the guy is a complete idiot and can't win a game unless Lebron goes for a triple double or he is coaching the warriors

His rotations are a**.  Josh Hart should be starting, no questions asked

Can you say silver spoon?  How does a guy go from being a no talent player with a 10 year career with the lakers to assistant coach on the warriors to the lakers head coach, all by 37 years old....oh yeah, nepotism.

Edited by Fantasyscrub
  • Like 1
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who's Josh Hart? I thought his name was John Hart?

Added him. You’re trash without enough 3 Point shooters in todays NBA and Lakers need him to let it fly.   Not too scared about Walton. Lebron is there now and he probably loves a guy like H

Hart is polarizing right now. Please share your opinion and insight. Convincing the other side of your thought process isn't that important. Time will tell how it plays out with Hart. Please chill a l

Posted Images

Hart is polarizing right now. Please share your opinion and insight. Convincing the other side of your thought process isn't that important. Time will tell how it plays out with Hart. Please chill a little. A lot of analysis is being critical of real life and rotations and the Lakers in general. Some are focused on fantasy only. Some love to post drop city. Everyone is bringing their own thing to this thread. 

I think the conversation has covered a lot, but there is one thing that is being overlooked....they beat the Mavs by 1 point. 1 point on a last second FT. A one possession game versus a team that was on the 3rd in 4 nights and is bottom tier in the West. This Lakers team is searching for it. You don't stick with a rotation that is less than optimal. I think this game result showed that the rotations were less than optimal. I don't think anyone from the Lakers, especially Lebron, is content or complacent after this game versus the Mavs. So chill a little bit and see how it plays out. These Lakers are a bunch of young guys learning to play next to Lebron, a player that veterans and stars have struggled to adapt to. Just give everyone a minute to figure it out before making bold statements. Obviously, you need to apply your league settings to your situation and play it out how you need to play it out. No one is making blanket statements here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Can we just fire Walton and make Lebron a player/coach already.  I don't understand why any team with Lebron on it even needs a coach.  The king understands the game far better than Luke Silver Spoon Walton ever could

That’s a little akin to saying why do we need attorneys when we have judges?!  After all, the average judge knows more about the legal system than the average attorney.  The reason is that human beings are biased and having LeBron as a player coach is more likely to end in him making decisions for his own personal benefit.  Even if he’s well intentioned it would mean playing his “guys” over what’s best for the team.  LeBron was an absolutely ****ful defacto gm in Cleveland.  On top of that, just because he’s a great player doesn’t mean he will be a good coach or gm.  Some of the best coaches: Stevens, Snyder, etc. were players but had less than an illustrious career.  There are players who completely understand the game intellectually but have bodies with limitations that cap their upside eg. Kerr.  The concept of a player/coach is inherently a bad idea imo and even if it would be ok in the abstract LeBron wouldn’t be my first guess for active players who would make a good coach.  

• Like 1
20 hours ago, dorwell said:

Already got a roster alert from yahoo. That's not an evidence but an indicator. Another stinker and he will hit the waiver pretty hard. So if I want to get him atm, I would wait and not offering anything. 

This outcome will likely be true if you're talking 10-12 teamers.

But in deep leagues (even starting with 14-teamers), he likely won't be dropped unless that prolonged slump comes. I usually do 16-teamers, and i can guarantee he won't be dropped in those.

7 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

The problem is not the coach
The problem is Ingram and the wings crowded in the Lakers
When I told I didn't trust this situation...

When the coach is playing Ball and Rondo in the same lineup , there's very much a coach factor.   Hart is better than the depth and even if Hart isn't starting (which I almost prefer he doesn't) , he should be 6th man given starter type minutes. 

• Like 3
On 2018/10/31 at 9:43 PM, miasma16 said:

Ingram isn't a shooting guard, Luke. The sooner you realize that the better your team will be.

Firing Luke does not help the situation whatsoever. 

Every time Lebron joins a new team, Miami Heat, Cavs, it's all rough and everybody needs to get used to the King's way of playing the game.

Overcrowded backcourt creates serious rotation issues.

And if you fire Luke, can you even find a better substitution? 

3 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Firing Luke does not help the situation whatsoever. 

Every time Lebron joins a new team, Miami Heat, Cavs, it's all rough and everybody needs to get used to the King's way of playing the game.

Overcrowded backcourt creates serious rotation issues.

And if you fire Luke, can you even find a better substitution? 

Certainly.... Ty Lue...

JK of course

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean, think about it.  Javale McGee was punishing DeAndre Jordan all night, Dennis Smith Jr finished with 5 points, Lebron went off for 30, Doncic didn't score until late in the 3rd Quarter, and somehow you still only hang on to win by 1?  A 35 year old JJ Barea punished the lakers with 15-10 in 25 minutes for a plus/minus of +28.  Something is wrong with the coaching.

35 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

I mean, think about it.  Javale McGee was punishing DeAndre Jordan all night, Dennis Smith Jr finished with 5 points, Lebron went off for 30, Doncic didn't score until late in the 3rd Quarter, and somehow you still only hang on to win by 1?  A 35 year old JJ Barea punished the lakers with 15-10 in 25 minutes for a plus/minus of +28.  Something is wrong with the coaching.

JJ Barea is actually pretty good.  He carved up the Heat during the 2011 finals too.  Coaching can’t stop him when he’s going off, that’s up to the players. 

• Like 1

Back to Hart. He did really well versus the Blazers tonight. I think whether or not he starts, he should be able to get minutes and contributes to the team. He is a great 3 and d player to complement the playmakers in a fast paced offense.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, lpycharles said:

Back to Hart. He did really well versus the Blazers tonight. I think whether or not he starts, he should be able to get minutes and contributes to the team. He is a great 3 and d player to complement the playmakers in a fast paced offense.

Hart= lakers' Danny Green

1 hour ago, lpycharles said:

His usage has evaporated since Kuzma came back and that’s a concern. Hart was 3-3 from the field tonight for 11 points, he could havd just as easily been 1-3 for 5 points. Getting 3 shots in a game is a damn joke. 

I'm telling you right now...If you want Josh Hart, now is the time to strike..

All it would take would probably be a Top-100 player (maybe someone ranked in the 80's or 90's) that's not really playing up to par...

I think by mid-season, Hart will be Top-75...Everyone saw the first 5 or so games..

• Like 1