NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Hart 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who's Josh Hart? I thought his name was John Hart?

Added him. You’re trash without enough 3 Point shooters in todays NBA and Lakers need him to let it fly.   Not too scared about Walton. Lebron is there now and he probably loves a guy like H

Hart is polarizing right now. Please share your opinion and insight. Convincing the other side of your thought process isn't that important. Time will tell how it plays out with Hart. Please chill a l

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised that no one is talking about him. After a great summer (Las Vegas), the preseason starts really well for him (14 points, three rebounds, four assists and a steal in 25 minutes) and he could start instead of KCP shortly.

No love for Hart here?

52 minutes ago, Diego said:

I am surprised that no one is talking about him. After a great summer (Las Vegas), the preseason starts really well for him (14 points, three rebounds, four assists and a steal in 25 minutes) and he could start instead of KCP shortly.

No love for Hart here?

Take a look to Lakers depth chart

Rondo Ball KCP Stephenson Lebron... 

Good player after all, but not enough playtime in Lakers roster 

Ps Summer league is less than nothing, it's not basketball, and preseason too

1 hour ago, Diego said:

No love for Hart here?

Just unfortunately not enough minutes are available for him.

If Hart's one of the team's 5 best players - and he's certainly looking like one right now, he's going to play enough minutes to be very fantasy relevant.  Luke Walton's job on the line and he has to win now.  Another underwhelming season and he's gone. 

PG Rondo (24) Ball (24)

SG KCP (30) Ball (8)

SF Ingram (34) LeBron (6)

PF LeBron (32) Kuzma (16)

C McGee (20) Beasley (20) Kuzma (8)

Just available 10 minutes at SG and 8 minutes at SF for one player between Lance Stephenson and Josh Hart

How could he be fantasy relevant? 

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

PG Rondo (24) Ball (24)

SG KCP (30) Ball (8)

SF Ingram (34) LeBron (6)

PF LeBron (32) Kuzma (16)

C McGee (20) Beasley (20) Kuzma (8)

Just available 10 minutes at SG and 8 minutes at SF for one player between Lance Stephenson and Josh Hart

How could he be fantasy relevant? 

This is pure speculation on your part.  If Hart continues balling out, he's going to play at least 24 MPG.  Bump everyone's #'s down a bit to make it work if you have to.  Let's see how he fares tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I see a lot of small ball in the Lakers future, and when they play small, Hart will play a lot of the SF position.  Hart is a player...more valuable in real life than fantasy, but Walton is a smart dude, and he can see the value.  I think we are looking at 12 pts, 6 rbs, 2.5 ast, 1 stl, 2 threes kind of production out of the Wildcat.  Sneaky rebounding out of the guard position and won't hurt you anywhere.  FT was a surprise last year, and would expect that to be more around 80% this year.  Good player for the end of your bench with breakout potential in that offense.  He is better than KCP, and Lance is a bum.  A guy like Hart, that plays great defense and hits open threes, is a perfect combination with Lebron James.  

If I were going to put a starting lineup together out of the current Lakers team I would go:

PG: Hart

SG: Ingram

SF: Lebron

PF: Kuzma

C: McGee

2nd Unit:

PG: Ball

SG: KCP

SF: Lance

PF: Beasley

C: Zubac

Not sure where Rondo fits on this team, even though he will probably start.  He just doesn't bring a needed skill to the table.  Lebron needs the ball in his hands, and Rondo is too old to impact the game on a daily basis on defense.  Still not sure why they signed Rondo, but that shouldn't effect Hart too much, as I do think the Lakers play Ball/Rondo as the primary points with the SG/SF rotation of Ingram, Hart, KCP.  Lebron will primarily play small, point forward like Ben Simmons, and then they will mix Javale, Kuzma at the other forward spot with a sprinkling of Moe Wagner, Beasley, and Zubac. 

Buy Hart now though.  After the first week he will be owned across the board.

• Like 2