NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Hart 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, CORTEz said:

There were a number of plays tonight where it looked like KCP had no interest in playing defense. One in particular where he didn't even contest the jump shot that was right in front him...

It's just a matter time before Hart is either starting or getting 32 MPG...

Absolute steal for anyone who got this guy...He went in the 140's in my deep 16-team league, and is looking like an absolute Top-50 lock this season.

Starting or bench doesn't matter to me. All about the minutes and his role when he is out there. He looks like one of the best players on the team. He is already getting strong minutes. The Lakers need to go through the process to settle on the minutes and rotations for their best players. Hart will be just fine. He attacks the rim and boards so well for his height. Pretty impressive player so far.  

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who's Josh Hart? I thought his name was John Hart?

Added him. You’re trash without enough 3 Point shooters in todays NBA and Lakers need him to let it fly.   Not too scared about Walton. Lebron is there now and he probably loves a guy like H

Hart is polarizing right now. Please share your opinion and insight. Convincing the other side of your thought process isn't that important. Time will tell how it plays out with Hart. Please chill a l

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

my team was looking not so good until this guy comes around! You must feel the Hart beating!

Same here. I got laughs when I dropped Collison to pick him up.

Loving his flexibility. Good shooter and also pretty nice hustling at the end of the game when he secured a rebound and the ball finally got to Lebron who made the basket.

Only a matter of time until he replaces KCP in the starting unit. Not that it really matters since he already plays starter's minutes and is considerably better than KCP. What are we thinking for ROS projections? Is 15/5/2 with 2.5triples and 1.8stpg/0.6bpg on high 40s shooting attainable?

13 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Only a matter of time until he replaces KCP in the starting unit. Not that it really matters since he already plays starter's minutes and is considerably better than KCP. What are we thinking for ROS projections? Is 15/5/2 with 2.5triples and 1.8stpg/0.6bpg on high 40s shooting attainable?

I think that is a decent projection. I might lower the FG% a bit. The main thing that matters is that he should be a plug & play option all season. He is going to destroy his ADP and I don't think he is a sell high. He attacks the rim so on nights where his 3 isn't on he will still get you some decent stuff. He needs to start hitting his FTs. 

Before the season the SG position was the most competitive position for the Lakers.  Many fans were a bit disappointed to see the resigning of KCP with the emergence of Hart.  However, do not underestimate KCP.  He is struggling right now and Hart is taking full advantage of it.  But KCP has the ability to get hot himself.  He's only shooting 17% from three right now.  That is bound to change, and when it does, it will cut into Hart's time.

With all of that said, Hart is such a valuable piece for the Lakers defense.  His ability to switch, and play good defense while being posted up, is highly coveted.  This is an aspect of the game that KCP does not have.  And this is the reason why Hart will continue to see more minutes than KCP.  The defense is necessary for the Lakers to play the uptempo style they are built for.  This was evidenced last night against the Spurs in the first quarter.  The Spurs started the game hitting everything and the Lakers struggled mightily.  Without stops, they couldn't get out and run, and before long they found themselves down by 18 points!

Josh Hart is starting over Kentavious Caldwell-Pope against the Suns on Wednesday.

Hart has been arguably the best guard on the roster, so coach Luke Walton will just put his best unit out there in hopes of earning his first win of the season. Regardless, Hart has proven to be extremely valuable with his former role, so he should be owned in all leagues.

• Thanks 1

Never seen him play before this season, but I was sold on this guy during the off-season based on last season's stats and the hype surrounding his off-season. His game should be a really good fit beside LBJ too.

Just now, DoctorLove said:

Are we worried that starting with LBJ is gonna hurt his value?

Can't know for sure, but I've watched every Laker game and IIRC a lot of his stats came while on the floor with Bron. With someone as intense as Hart I imagine he'll try to maintain that while playing next to Bron if anything

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

Are we worried that starting with LBJ is gonna hurt his value?

Doubt it, he's not really the kind of guy that needs the ball in his hands - he's a great shooter and cutter and playing with Bron should only help him.

1 hour ago, LuN said:

I think just being in the starting line-up may hurt more with Lonzo, LBJ being on-ball players, albeit good passers, and Kuzma being more of a shot taker

These aren't valid concerns. Kuzma is only in the starting lineup temporarily. Lonzo has one of the lowest usage rates in all of the NBA.

3 minutes ago, rocky7st said:

What we making of his last 2 games. Stats have dipped.

Did you think Hart was going to average 18 per on the year?? His shot hasn’t failed in the last two games. The big key is he played 36 min last night was the primary defender on Derozen which means he had his teammates and coaches trust. At worst Hart is a must own player.