NBC Sports Edge Forums

Did I make the right call on this trade? Goldy vs Abreu/Quintana/Teoscar

I got Paul Goldschmidt

I gave up Abreu/Quintana/Teoscar 

Did I screw up & give up too much. 

I also picked up Kyle Gibson from FA and had to make roster space for Vince Velasquez coming off DL & Ervin Santana later this month.

I also had like 8 players who could play OF, so it was a “pink slip on a pole” match between for Brian Anderson/Teoscar Hernandez 

team is here & in sig

My Roster now looks like the following: 
25 man Roster :
C: Buster Posey (C, 1B)
1B: Paul Goldschmidt
2B: Jose Altuve
3B: Anthony Rendon
SS: Alex Bragman (3B, SS)
OF: Mitch Haniger, Lorenzon Cain, Odubal Herrera
U: Eugenio Suerez (3B)

Bench:  Brian Anderson (3B, OF), Brandon Belt (OF, 1B) Whit Merrifield (1B, 2B, OF), Elvis Andrus (SS), Kyle Tucker (OF)
(We do 8 starts per week)
SP: Gerrit Cole, Carlos Carrasco, Zack Greinke, Lance McCullers, Kyle Gibson, Vince Velasquez, Julio Teheran,  Chase Anderson, Alex Wood

RP: Edwin Diaz, Brad Hand
DL: Ervin Santana (~Jul 20)

Edited by Heroebal
  • Like 1

Also Luke Weaver became a minor leaguer recently and we have 4 minor spots (where Tucker came from), so I shoved Weaver in a minor league spot. 

Not it sure how much I should worry about the Wood ordeal Dodgers have like 7 SP atm, I imagine one of them is getting traded soon.

Also as a side dish my team is 11-3 and the guy I traded with is 2-12 and other division. So if Abreu/Quintana/Teo heat I shouldn’t have to worry about facing them too much.

Edited by Heroebal

You lost that deal should of kept Abreu & the maple leaf and just dealt Quintana for Goldy. Now get back you're former Windy city & great white north players onto you're roster. And move two pieces. 

Great trade. Sending 3 players for the one star is always a good trade when you are loaded.

Quintana has likely hurt you more than helped youu, Teos is easily replaceablem and Goldy just replaces Abreu. Nice move.

1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

You lost that deal should of kept Abreu & the maple leaf and just dealt Quintana for Goldy. Now get back you're former Windy city & great white north players onto you're roster. And move two pieces. 

I doubt I'd get Goldly for Quintana alone. I don't need Windy City on my roster with Goldy present Windy City would sit my bench for the most part. 

12 minutes ago, Heroebal said:

I doubt I'd get Goldly for Quintana alone. I don't need Windy City on my roster with Goldy present Windy City would sit my bench for the most part. 

Don't listen to Rush1212, he is Rotoworld's #1 Troll. Tells everyone to keep all their hitters and sell their pitchers for more hitters.

51 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

Don't listen to Rush1212, he is Rotoworld's #1 Troll. Tells everyone to keep all their hitters and sell their pitchers for more hitters.

If you could trade Quintana for Goldschmidt, wouldn't that mean Quintana is VERY valuable? ^_^

I like the trade.

Return the favor?

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

If you could trade Quintana for Goldschmidt, wouldn't that mean Quintana is VERY valuable? ^_^

I like the trade.

Return the favor?

In no way would you be able to trade Quintana for Goldschmidt. He is only a throw-in in this particular trade.