NBC Sports Edge Forums

I want JoRam, would this get me close?

16 team dynasty league:

the JoRam owner is in a complete rebuild and wants young players.

I am probably not there but does this offer get me somewhat  close?

get JoRam

give Walker Buehler , Jo Adell (#5 prospect mid season Razzball rankings) , Carter Kieboom (#17 Prospect on mid season razzball rankings)

i guess i could give up Correa since I have Story at SS too. I also could part with Albies.  Not sure how far I want to go with this but I could acquire him since this owner is on the cellar. 

other prospects I have are

Buxton, Albies, Profar , Dahl, Clint Frazier

i had better prospects but sold them last year for CMart, Arenado , Kris Davis, Story, Moose

2 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

It will have to include Correa at a minimum. Even if they are doing a complete rebuild they likely wouldn't trade JoRam who is a top 5 talent for unproven prospects.

2 hours ago, TheFuture1 said:

have to go correa / buehler and see what he says. thats your only option

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/705938-what-side-you-on-whir-wlink/

I have Arenado , Lamb and Moose at 3rd already so adding another 3rd baseman isn’t exactly a priority but I would like to add a bat. 

The thing is , there aren’t many teams rebuilding with studs like JoRam. 

my Team:

Ramos

Myers, Guzman

Merrifield

Correa , Story

Arenado , Moose , Lamb

K Davis, Benintendi, Ozuna , Teoscar Hernandez 

DL - Soler 

SP - DeGrom, CMart, Mikolas , Buehler , Bieber, Rodon

Honestly, in my opinion, that offer's not even in the same country.  I know what you meant, but Ramirez is already a young player.  I like Buehler a lot, but Ramirez is worth a lot more than that no matter if it's a redraft or a dynasty league.

• Like 2

If he's rebuilding I don't know why he would want to move a 25 year old stud. JoRam should be the centrepiece of his rebuild. But as others mentioned, to get JoRam you're probably going to need to give up Correa + a bunch of elite prospects. If you're not willing to give that up then you probably won't be able to get him. But you never know. Some guys are more willing to give away elite players than others.

Edited by Idoolittle

4 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

If he's rebuilding I don't know why he would want to move a 25 year old stud. JoRam should be the centrepiece of his rebuild. But as others mentioned, to get JoRam you're probably going to need to give up Correa + a bunch of elite prospects. If you're not willing to give that up then you probably won't be able to get him. But you never know. Some guys are more willing to give away elite players than others.

Your absolutely right, he should be the centerpiece in a normal situation but this guy literally has nothing on his active roster aside from JoRam and Kershaw. He also doesn’t have much on his MiLB roster either. His best prospects are McMahon, Andujar  and Mitch Keller. Not bad but then there is a drop off.

After that it’s Hunter Harvey, Mark Appel, Swanson and Marisnick.

The whole reason I thought about this was because his rebuild seems to be a ways away. It’s not like he has Vlad, Acuna, Tatis. 

I know it’s a long shot but just thought I’d inquire about it. 

Buehler and prospects will get laughed at, even in a league that deep.  I agree with the consensus that Correa/Buehler is your starting point.  And I wouldn't sweat adding another 3B.  It just puts you in a position to make more trades.

• Like 1

There's no deal here. It's just not smart to try and buy a player when they are at their absolute highest value. There's nothing you can do here that is a smart move.

Move on from this unless you are an Indians fan boy and must have him in your league... then, start the talk with Correa + Walker + your prospects. But that is overpay.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

There's no deal here. It's just not smart to try and buy a player when they are at their absolute highest value. There's nothing you can do here that is a smart move.

Move on from this unless you are an Indians fan boy and must have him in your league... then, start the talk with Correa + Walker + your prospects. But that is overpay.

Well said and your absolutely right. His value is sky high right now as he is the #1 player in my ROTO league right now. 

I don’t need to have him but I was just looking for teams that have big bats and are rebuilding. I know this guy should build around JoRam but I just don’t see his rebuild being complete anytime soon. He doesn’t really have any assets to trade to get younger players to speed up the rebuild.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. 

I knew it was going to be tough to get him but wanted to see where I stood with that package. If I was on the same country maybe I could tweak it a little to make it more interesting. 

• Like 1