NBC Sports Edge Forums

Would you trade Acuna and for who? WHIR

I’m in a Yahoo Roto 12 team, runs and stolen bases are my major issues but if I win the claim for Hamilton, it will help in the SB department. I’m concerned that Acuna is too inconsistent this season. Should I stick with him or trade? And if so who should I target?

I also have Acuna, and yes he has been inconsistant which makes it hard to get a good feel for what you could get for him?!?! Keeper or redraft? If it's a keeper maybe look at the guys down in the standings to see if there's somebody that really stands out for you and try to move him there.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, mbick2003 said:

I also have Acuna, and yes he has been inconsistant which makes it hard to get a good feel for what you could get for him?!?! Keeper or redraft? If it's a keeper maybe look at the guys down in the standings to see if there's somebody that really stands out for you and try to move him there.

It‘s a regular Roto just for one year. You’re right it’s hard to figure out what his value is.

Not sure what to say in re-draft, between his time with injury and just the rookie inconsistency.  You may just need to put him on the trading block and see if anyone comes calling with an offer.  If you don't get one, or don't get one you like, then you'll have to make the call of holding vs. cutting.  Sorry I'm not more helpful.

Thanks for mine!

• Thanks 1

I would hold on to Acuna, probably no one else out there with his upside.  He has decent speed and should steal a few bases too.   Hamilton will probably end up sucking in every other category and you have to monitor his playing time with that OF logjam.

Please help:

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Thanks guys. I didn’t mean that I was dropping Acuna for Hamilton, it was supposed to be separate but anyway I think I’ll just hold for now.

I would float Acuna's name out there & see if anyone is interested. Thy guy has great upside, but understand how the injuries / inconsistencies are frustrating. Someone in your league may over pay, so it can't hurt to try. Good luck!

• Thanks 1
On 7/16/2018 at 12:12 PM, DarinB300 said:

I would float Acuna's name out there & see if anyone is interested. Thy guy has great upside, but understand how the injuries / inconsistencies are frustrating. Someone in your league may over pay, so it can't hurt to try. Good luck!

That’s true, I’m doing that already.

• Like 1
On 7/16/2018 at 12:12 PM, DarinB300 said:

I agree with DarinB300. I currently have Acuna on my roster and am doing just that to see who bites. He definitely has a ton of upside if he can stay healthy.

On 7/15/2018 at 4:30 PM, Thenewwildone8 said:

It‘s a regular Roto just for one year. You’re right it’s hard to figure out what his value is.

Were getting to that point in the season where some of the overpays for rookies you see in the early going, especially if they didnt come out blazing, are just not there.  Keeper he has obvious appeal, re-draft you probably wont like the offers.  Probably just hang onto him and hope that potential manifests itself down the stretch

• Thanks 1