NBC Sports Edge Forums

Would you do either of these trades? WHIR

12 team .5 PPR dynasty league

1.) MY Eifert and 2019 2nd (probably late) for HIS Aaron Jones and 2020 2nd

2.) MY Eifert and 2020 3rd for HIS Kenneth Dixon and 2020 2nd

I’m looking at adding some RB depth to my team. I have 4 really good ones, but then no depth behind them.  I have good TE depth, so I can afford to get rid of Eifert. We have a 6 man taxi squad that Njoku is in right now, but only a 3 TE max on the active roster, so I’d like to activate Njoku. 

My roster:

QB: Mahomes, Winston, Tyrod, Rudolph (TS)

RB: Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, Howard, Breida, Corey Grant, Wadley (TS)

WR: OBJ, M Thomas, Cooper, Crowder, Corey Coleman, Parker, Westbrook, Sutton (TS), Fountain (TS), Coutee (TS)

TE: Burton, ASJ, Eifert, Njoku (TS)

D/ST- Ravens, Bears

K- Butker

I'd take the Aaron Jones deal. I think he is the most talented RB the Packers have and I don't think he needs a ton of touches to be effective. Montgomery's contract is up after this season so going forward Jones only has Williams in front of him and if he were to claim a 3 down role he'd be an easy RB1 in that offense. I don't know what the upcoming rookie classes project to look like but I'm going to assume there isn't a big difference when factor in that the earlier one is likely later in 2nd.

Dixon I think has a much harder road to claiming the top spot although he maybe could bump off buck allen for #2 and passing down work. Ravens offense doesn't have as much upside as the Packers and Dixon has more serious injury and off the field concerns. 

Jones is definitely the better RB out of the two.  I just wasn't sure if I should go ahead and get him and get down to only 1 draft pick for next year right now, or go with the cheaper option and get Dixon and keep my 2nd round pick for next year

14 hours ago, jcedwards said:

12 team .5 PPR dynasty league

1.) MY Eifert and 2019 2nd (probably late) for HIS Aaron Jones and 2020 2nd

2.) MY Eifert and 2020 3rd for HIS Kenneth Dixon and 2020 2nd

I’m looking at adding some RB depth to my team. I have 4 really good ones, but then no depth behind them.  I have good TE depth, so I can afford to get rid of Eifert. We have a 6 man taxi squad that Njoku is in right now, but only a 3 TE max on the active roster, so I’d like to activate Njoku. 

My roster:

QB: Mahomes, Winston, Tyrod, Rudolph (TS)

RB: Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, Howard, Breida, Corey Grant, Wadley (TS)

WR: OBJ, M Thomas, Cooper, Crowder, Corey Coleman, Parker, Westbrook, Sutton (TS), Fountain (TS), Coutee (TS)

TE: Burton, ASJ, Eifert, Njoku (TS)

D/ST- Ravens, Bears

K- Butker

I like what you’re thinking, and agree that the TE depth provides opportunity, but I wouldn’t make either trade. I’d be more likely to pair Eifert with another player—someone who’s hot-ish now—and get an RB I could actually see using. I’d pair Eifert with Crowder. Your WR depth is solid, good rookies on taxi. That, or consider: Eifert may be injured, but if you have the room on the bench / IR, he’s a good TE to have. He’ll be your starting TE when healthy, and you can play any one of the others when Eifert goes down. With that in mind, if you get offers for ASJ or Njoku, consider them.

If you have any insight with 2 QB / SuperFlex redraft leagues:

Anyone else?

Is it a big deal to anyone else that I would only have a 1 pick (1st round) in next years draft if I make the Jones trade? I know it is still early though, so I could still make a move later to get another pick in the draft.

I too like the Jones idea. Next years class is more WR heavy than anything, giving up a pick next year with your WR corps is not that bad. Plus an extra pick in a class that's talking heavier RB in 2020 is a plus. And like you said it's early and you can make a move to replace the lost pick later in the season.