NBC Sports Edge Forums

I have no where to play Ozzie Albies, so I'd like to deal him for either rotation or outfield help.  If I could deal Albies and a decent secondary piece for Hoskins would that be a fair price to pay? 

Another person I'm thinking about is George Springer, even though he's slumping.  Seems like a good buy low candidate.  Any idea what's behind his recent struggles?  And has Springer's value dipped so much that it's clearly below Albies'?  Thanks.

If I got offered Albies AND a secondary piece for Hoskins, I'd take the deal before you came to your senses.  ;)  
If this is your team in your sig, I'd play Suarez over Rendon at third and Albies at Util.   Then trade Rendon on his 'name value' for a mid ranked outfielder like Lorenzo Cain.

2 hours ago, Khahan said:

If I got offered Albies AND a secondary piece for Hoskins, I'd take the deal before you came to your senses.  ;)  
If this is your team in your sig, I'd play Suarez over Rendon at third and Albies at Util.   Then trade Rendon on his 'name value' for a mid ranked outfielder like Lorenzo Cain.

Hard to disagree with this. Think it is your best move. 

I'd rather have Albies than Hoskins at this point.

7 hours ago, Khahan said:

You really think Albies is superior to Rendon? Rendon has been a counting stat stud lately though (and has been that for years).  Other than the power surge at the start of the season I'm not sure Albies is much of a threat to hit Home Runs (which is my biggest offensive weakness). 

7 hours ago, Khahan said:

Albies for Hoskins straight up a fair deal then?  Both are young hitters who have gone through long cold stretches.  But Hoskins likely is a better threat to hit Home Runs, which is a category I'd like to improve upon.

I've been trying my best to built a Judge trade package around Albies.  No dice though.

8 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

You really think Albies is superior to Rendon? Rendon has been a counting stat stud lately though (and has been that for years).  Other than the power surge at the start of the season I'm not sure Albies is much of a threat to hit Home Runs (which is my biggest offensive weakness). 

Past 30 days: Albies:  21 runs, 4 HR, 14 rbi, 3 sb  .373 BA

Past 30 days Rendon: 21 run 9 hr, 21 rbi, 0sb .320 BA

Neither has been a slouch in the past month.  But Albies is still ahead of Rendon. That is a huge BA difference.

For your other question - I own Albies and Javier Baez and Trea Turner and Manny  Machado. My MI is crowded - luckily 2 Util spots helps. But my 1st has been a disaster this year. If the Hoskins owner wanted albies from me, he'd have to offer Hoskins+   Maybe a closer or a draft pick upgrade next year.

Edited by Khahan
Answering a second posted question
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Khahan said:

Past 30 days: Albies:  21 runs, 4 HR, 14 rbi, 3 sb  .373 BA

Past 30 days Rendon: 21 run 9 hr, 21 rbi, 0sb .320 BA

Neither has been a slouch in the past month.  But Albies is still ahead of Rendon. That is a huge BA difference.

For your other question - I own Albies and Javier Baez and Trea Turner and Manny  Machado. My MI is crowded - luckily 2 Util spots helps. But my 1st has been a disaster this year. If the Hoskins owner wanted albies from me, he'd have to offer Hoskins+   Maybe a closer or a draft pick upgrade next year.

Really?  Hoskins plus another decent asset?  I assumed the long cold stretch hurt Albies' value at least a bit. 

I just offered Albies for Benintendi straight up.  If that's rejected I'd probably be willing to include either David Peralta or Zach Godley as well.  Only thing that worries me about Benintendi is being poor versus LHP.  So if Boston faces three or more lefty starters in a particular week his value takes a substantial hit.

Also while Jose Peraza is hot now his track record isn't exactly significant.  So I wouldn't be opposed to a shortstop upgrade.  If you were offered Correa for Albies would you accept?  Same thing with Benintendi.

Edited by Magnus88
22 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

I just traded Albies for Kershaw last night.  Earlier I traded Albies for Severino.

I've tried with several different combinations built around Albies to get Judge.  No dice.  Tried another Albies package combo for Harper.  Again no dice.

Hoping the Benintendi trade is accepted.  If you needed Shortstop help would you have been willing to deal Albies for the injured Correa?

42 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

I've tried with several different combinations built around Albies to get Judge.  No dice.  Tried another Albies package combo for Harper.  Again no dice.

Hoping the Benintendi trade is accepted.  If you needed Shortstop help would you have been willing to deal Albies for the injured Correa?

Yes I would trade for Correa.