NBC Sports Edge Forums

New Deep Dynasty League Looking for Owners

I am starting up a 16 team dynasty league on ESPN. You will be able to keep everyone. I will provide a link to the settings below. I have been in a league similar to this for the past 5 years, and the LM has decided it's time to call it quits. I got a taste for the dynasty format, and am looking to start my own. I have a couple of other leagues I am in my 9th year of managing, and I plan on running this one indefinitely as well. I am a fan of The Office, hence the theme you'll see in the league name and trophies. Here are the extent of the league settings:

http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=166326

We will discuss a draft date once the league is filled, and hopefully be able to have everyone present. If you have any questions ask away! Serious owners only please, this will be a very deep league. I'm looking for some people to stick with the league for a while. If you are interested, leave your email and a sentence or two about your fantasy experience.

Thanks,

Brett

Been playing fantasy football for about 7 years and still going strong. giantsfan1996@gmail.com. Im intrigued by the settings I've never done 16 team league before but i question why we keep so many players. I think keeping everyone will be a negative factor due to nothing refreshing or new happening every year. Id say keep two or three but that's just my opinion. FF is life. 

17 hours ago, Superdad84 said:

Hey, will u be using a chat app like groupme for DM/trade talk and lg news?

If so, I am very interested and have been in dynasty for a few years. I'm extremely active year round. 

Brink1198@gmail.com 

I did not plan on it. I'm not big on the chat, mainly just posting messages for necessary topics. I've been in a league with one before, and it was useful in that it led to quicker responses when discussing things, but there was no organization and after the beginning of the season it was rarely used. Just my thoughts. I'm not against it, just don't think I'll use it much.

2 hours ago, savageaf1996 said:

Been playing fantasy football for about 7 years and still going strong. giantsfan1996@gmail.com. Im intrigued by the settings I've never done 16 team league before but i question why we keep so many players. I think keeping everyone will be a negative factor due to nothing refreshing or new happening every year. Id say keep two or three but that's just my opinion. FF is life. 

I have a couple of other leagues where we keep 4. I like those too, but the idea here is we'll have our inaugural draft, and then that's the team we have to build with. You don't have to keep anyone, but you have the option to keep your whole team if you'd like. Similar to NFL without getting too complicated with salaries and things like that.

I should also mention in regards to keeping everyone, my thoughts are for future seasons we will do an "offline" rookie draft in the league messages. I have an idea of the structure, so I will share that down the road. Any other free agents will not be available during the yearly rookie draft, but will be fair game to add outside of the draft as permitted.

On 7/19/2018 at 9:06 PM, blytle2 said:

I should also mention in regards to keeping everyone, my thoughts are for future seasons we will do an "offline" rookie draft in the league messages. I have an idea of the structure, so I will share that down the road. Any other free agents will not be available during the yearly rookie draft, but will be fair game to add outside of the draft as permitted.

I ran a league identical to what you are talking about. Not hard to do. 

37 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

Hey I'm looking for a new long term league and this seems like a good fit. Can I get an invite at nvarja (at) yahoo (dot) com?

Forgot the part about experience. I've been playing fantasy football for about 8 years. Solid mix of keeper, dynasty, redraft, and money leagues. Mostly have played on Yahoo but have done leagues in ESPN, CBS, and Fantrax. Looking for a new long-term home and love the theme :)

Very interested.  Been looking for a good dynasty league but so many have owners that quit mid-season or after 1.  

Over 10 years experience here, not saying I was successful but I'm always all-in until the bitter end.  Have managed a couple leagues also so sympathetic to the LM's.  

bpisarsky68@gmail.com