NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, obithewan said:

It's certainly not 100% luck, but I feel so much of this.

I used to agree with this, but I don’t know anymore. 

My roster was:

Goff

Winston

Hunt

Conner

Chubb

A Jones

Ware

Dixon

Guice

Antonio Brown

Odell Beckham

Michael Thomas

Brate

Engram

Rams DST

Maher

Rosas

After losing Hunt, Conner, and Beckham, arguably my 3 best players, due to pure bad luck right before the playoffs, my week 14 lineup was:

Winston

Chubb

Jones

Ware

Brown

Thomas

Engram

Maher

Rams

I lost to a perennially awful 4-9 8th seed that happen to have Dak Prescott and George Kittle both go off. 

Still not convinced it’s 100% luck? Even if I upgraded my two weakest positions with Patrick Mahomes at QB and Kelce at TE I still would’ve lost. In other words, the lineup below by week 12 would’ve looked virtually unbeatable, yet I would still have lost to a bad 4-9 8th seed in round 1...

Mahomes

Hunt

Conner

A Brown

Beckham

M Thomas

Kelce

Rams

Maher

(with Chubb and A Jones on the bench)

Edited by Lamont Sanford

Highest scoring team all year...had the highest score in 6 of the 13 weeks in a 14 team league.  Averaging 100 points per game...This week, you ask. I'm going to be lucky to break 40.  Going to lose in the semi final to this roster.

Aaron Rodgers, Robbie Anderson, Lamar Miller, Travis Kelce, Eric Ebron, Robert Foster, Eli Manning and Wil Lutz...just stupid crazy how terrible this week has been.

31 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Highest scoring team all year...had the highest score in 6 of the 13 weeks in a 14 team league.  Averaging 100 points per game...This week, you ask. I'm going to be lucky to break 40.  Going to lose in the semi final to this roster.

Aaron Rodgers, Robbie Anderson, Lamar Miller, Travis Kelce, Eric Ebron, Robert Foster, Eli Manning and Wil Lutz...just stupid crazy how terrible this week has been.

Haven’t u heard? It’s all skill! 

Destroyed my league by 300 points and unless Goff can wake the f the up I’m going down.  How does one even build a better team than this (auction, keeper, 10 team)...? it ain’t right that this team should be losing. But that’s where I’m at and it all feels pointless. All because in a single week, week 15, one player gets injured after 4 touches, Tyreek let a bomb hit him in the face mask, kittle gets overthrown on a 70 yard score, Houston can’t stop a Darnold and McGuire lead offense,  and Goff is suddenly 2016 Goff.  Even Hopkins’ 35 pointer doesn’t look like it’s going to save me. Ugh.

Goff

Kamara

Chubb

Hopkins

Adams

Hill

Kittle

Aaron Jones 

Houston 

Tucker

Edited by rizon

It feels like this week has been one of the lower scoring ones all season.  There were definitely some big games from Hopkins, Mixon, Damien Williams, D. Henry, Mack, and a few others I'm forgetting, but overall it feels like there were a lot of busts this week.  

• Like 1

2015: #3 Seed 9-5 Lost in the first round 112-112. Tie goes to higher seed.

2016: #3 seed 10-4 Lost in the first round with 64 points. Lowest point total of the year. 

2017: #2 seed 12-2 Lost in the first round with 125 points. I was up 125-100 with Gurley left against me. I watched him put up 41 points against my Hawks while in the stadium. 

2018: #2 seed 10-4 Lost in the first round. Currently have 43 pts and projected to 61pts. Lowest point total of the year.

I hate fantasy football. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Still not convinced it’s 100% luck?

That is incredibly unfortunate, my dude, but that doesn't prove that fantasy football is 100% luck. It's nearly impossible to put a percentage on it. All that can be said is that it is mostly luck. I've had enough 1st and 2nd place teams bomb in the playoffs (this year is no exception) to get how you're feeling, though.

Edit: My days of wasting time on this hobby are numbered.

Edited by obithewan

Eagles won, but I got absolutely clobbered in my league's two week playoff format facing the #4 seed as the #1 seed. Poor decision making and my team ****ting the bed the past two weeks cost me a chance to play in the championship.

If I started the Bears D/ST and Boyd over the Jags and Sutton last week I would have been leading going into this week. And if I had started Mack over Gronk in my flex I could have won. Even with Mahomes being mediocre this week and last. I needed a hail mary in my flex after last week's debacle. I really thought about starting Mack, but thought the Cowboys defense was going to shut him down. Figured Gronk could be the Steeler killer he has been the last few match ups with them. So disappointing.

I also shouldn't have dropped the Jags for my opponent this week. And I should have picked up Damien Williams who my opponent also started against me. Such poor decision making when it mattered most this season.

14 team dynasty. #1 seed, first round bye saved me because Gurley had his poor game.

Watson, Gurley, Fitzgerald, Tyreek, Gronk, McCaffrey, and Robert Foster.

It is luck but you have to put yourself in a position to be lucky. Foster developed right when I needed him and carried Tyreek's low game. A hobbled Gurley still put up beast stats. A smart QB like Watson didn't make any bonehead plays. Gotta have guys that show up when some guys let you down.

39 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

This year's playoffs feel particularly random and flukey.

I bet a ton of 1st and 2nd seeds that were led by guys like Hunt, Gordon, Tyreek, Ertz, OBJ, etc miss the championship.

Add Saquon, Allen, and JuJu to that list.

I want to vent about the POS in my league that started the worst lineup imaginable last week against the Todd Gurley owner and lost. 

This meaning, that I of course had to face Todd Gurley. His projection was 25. Score your projection and I win. 

Dude busts his knee and I'm crying tears of happiness. Then he comes back and catches like 24 passes and gets a rushing TD and just shows you that it's impossible to beat Todd Gurley. 

Now those tears of happiness are now mixed into a glass of liquor as I will likely cry myself to sleep after consuming it. 

• Haha 2
48 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

This year's playoffs feel particularly random and flukey.

I bet a ton of 1st and 2nd seeds that were led by guys like Hunt, Gordon, Tyreek, Ertz, OBJ, etc miss the championship.

Yep, in my 2 leagues where I was top team, I lost last week (both to teams with Amari Cooper).  In one league where I squeaked into the playoffs, I'm going to the finals.  Makes no sense.