NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Stratocasters said:

take another crack at it!

#1 suspect in "blame the coach" has gotta be Drake although I can think of plenty of other guys also.  This is presuming of course you're talking about a coach who holds back a single player for no reason instead of being generally terrible and holding back his entire team (see Hue Jackson). 

Here's my rant, which is sure to be an outlier opinion:

When I hear people talk about their team with Jackson of the Chargers, Williams of the Chiefs, Samuel of the Steelers, and how they're playing in a Championship, I think those leagues are garbage.  Play Daily Fantasy if you want to be in a league where you just freely pick up the flavor of the day, and add/drop churn guys on and off your team.

To me, season long fantasy should be based on a large draft, trades, and limited waiver transactions.  I think there should be a low cap on add/drops in Season Long leagues to prevent this type of nonsense where the only skill involved in having Williams or Samuel in the Semi Finals is that you had a higher waiver priority or woke up earlier than your league mates.

True skill to me, is building a team that can compete Week 1 and Week 16, anticipating needs, and drafting insurance policies.  Surviving the attrition and carnage that NFL football is during a season.

End of Rant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

When I hear people talk about their team with Jackson of the Chargers, Williams of the Chiefs, Samuel of the Steelers, and how they're playing in a Championship, I think those leagues are garbage.  Play Daily Fantasy if you want to be in a league where you just freely pick up the flavor of the day, and add/drop churn guys on and off your team.

To me, season long fantasy should be based on a large draft, trades, and limited waiver transactions.  I think there should be a low cap on add/drops in Season Long leagues to prevent this type of nonsense where the only skill involved in having Williams or Samuel in the Semi Finals is that you had a higher waiver priority or woke up earlier than your league mates.

True skill to me, is building a team that can compete Week 1 and Week 16, anticipating needs, and drafting insurance policies.  Surviving the attrition and carnage that NFL football is during a season.

End of Rant.

Two words - best ball. Too bad many of the people on this site seem to hate the format and getting enough participants to fill league is a PITA. 

5 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

End of Rant.

F

A

A

B

10 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

End of Rant.

I’m surprised by how many people on these forums are ending up with all of these guys on their rosters.  Even the last place teams in my leagues are swooping in to snipe guys from me.  Seems most leagues are full of about 4 competitive teams.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

F

A

A

B

That provides a bit of "earn" to the whole process, guys who saved, but you can still make exponential add drops during the year by being early or having the higher priority without spending a single dime in FAAB.  And when a guy ghosts on a Thursday like Hunt, FAAB isn't even a consideration at that point.  If I were to create my own Fantasy website, I'd have some type of rule where if a guy hasn't been rostered for one week by at least Week 8, he's ineligible to be picked up starting Week 9.  Or something like that.  Just never liked add drops, we have a cap of 5 in my league, with the FAAB system.

17 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

That provides a bit of "earn" to the whole process, guys who saved, but you can still make exponential add drops during the year by being early or having the higher priority without spending a single dime in FAAB.  And when a guy ghosts on a Thursday like Hunt, FAAB isn't even a consideration at that point.  If I were to create my own Fantasy website, I'd have some type of rule where if a guy hasn't been rostered for one week by at least Week 8, he's ineligible to be picked up starting Week 9.  Or something like that.  Just never liked add drops, we have a cap of 5 in my league, with the FAAB system.

That sounds horrible, but to each their own. I like activity in my leagues. A 5 cap would discourage that IMO.

4 minutes ago, kball09 said:

That sounds horrible, but to each their own. I like activity in my leagues. A 5 cap would discourage that IMO.

It used to be zero, haha.  We've evolved to 5 over the course of 16 years.  Used to have 30 trades per season with no add/drops, now have maybe 3, so I'd argue add/drops actually minimize league involvement.  23 player rosters, so you can draft accordingly.

1 hour ago, jumper said:

#1 suspect in "blame the coach" has gotta be Drake although I can think of plenty of other guys also.  This is presuming of course you're talking about a coach who holds back a single player for no reason instead of being generally terrible and holding back his entire team (see Hue Jackson). 

Nope.

Another hint: although you can sometimes find a gem (or 2) for this team at this certain position during the season...it's best to just stay away at the beginning of the season until the gem emerges...and then shelve him later in the season when, again, there are just too many other options at this position.

54 minutes ago, Stratocasters said:

Nope.

Another hint: although you can sometimes find a gem (or 2) for this team at this certain position during the season...it's best to just stay away at the beginning of the season until the gem emerges...and then shelve him later in the season when, again, there are just too many other options at this position.

Who is Josh Gordon? 

Tyreek Hill 

Keenan Allen

or 

JuJu

Edited by shakestreet
6 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Sounds awful and discourages active owners

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
33 minutes ago, Stratocasters said:

Boom! We have a winner. B)

He did a nice job for me. But when Burkhead came back and Develin started playing more (for what reason?)...that was the end.  :(

First mistake was putting trust into a NE RB

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Sounds awful and discourages active owners

Unlimited add/drops benefit the unprepared and uneducated and remove whatever skill still remains in today's Fantasy Football.  A lot of people are playing daily fantasy under the disguise of a season long league and they don't even realize it.