NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

45 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

I don’t know what to do with my hands now that fantasy fottball is done.

This x1000000000. Won my first championship and I'm just itching to run it back and do it all over again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

came in to state that my only vent and rant is that i have post fantasy football partum. what to do with all this free time that i spent research and analyzing and stressing over matchups.

24 minutes ago, ak427 said:

This x1000000000. Won my first championship and I'm just itching to run it back and do it all over again

Seriously I keep opening the app and I’m just like “wtf am I even doing on here” lmao. It’s become a habit to open the app and then come here. I think we’re all just competitors looking for that fix. Unfortunately for me (well I’m fortunate enough to have this opportunity) but I’m finishing up my final two semesters in college so I gotta step away from fantasy football next season. Those 400 level classes are no joke.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Watch basketball. Seriously, the product is far superior. I don’t even have to play fantasy to enjoy watching most teams. Football I only care if I have fantasy on the line or Seahawks are playing. 

yeah i usually am more of a basketball guy, 10 year fantasy bball league. but there's no games today so it's pretty boring since MNF doesn't matter. i enjoy watching basketball more but rooting for football skill players is more exciting with fantasy football. but so are the bad beats. 

4 minutes ago, brosephd said:

yeah i usually am more of a basketball guy, 10 year fantasy bball league. but there's no games today so it's pretty boring since MNF doesn't matter. i enjoy watching basketball more but rooting for football skill players is more exciting with fantasy football. but so are the bad beats. 

Play daily fantasy, adds a competition to any game. Even the meaningless ones

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Watch basketball. Seriously, the product is far superior. I don’t even have to play fantasy to enjoy watching most teams. Football I only care if I have fantasy on the line or Seahawks are playing. 

Seriously? I grew up a basketball (MJ) fan. Haven’t watched a single game in over 3 years. Don’t even care to watch one. I think the product is absolute garbage compared to the game that was. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Seriously? I grew up a basketball (MJ) fan. Haven’t watched a single game in over 3 years. Don’t even care to watch one. I think the product is absolute garbage compared to the game that was. 

The NFL isn’t? Both sports are gearing towards offense.

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The NFL isn’t? Both sports are gearing towards offense.

There’s still somewhat of a semblance of defense in the NFL, and the offenses continue to evolve and are at least fun to watch. The NBA plays absolutely no defense. The offense consists of dribbling up court and launching 30 footers. You can only watch a game

of horse for so long. Plus there’s no parity in the NBA. Just my opinion. I think it’s garbage. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

came in to state that my only vent and rant is that i have post fantasy football partum. what to do with all this free time that i spent research and analyzing and stressing over matchups.

3 hours ago, ak427 said:

2 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

Seriously I keep opening the app and I’m just like “wtf am I even doing on here” lmao. It’s become a habit to open the app and then come here. I think we’re all just competitors looking for that fix. Unfortunately for me (well I’m fortunate enough to have this opportunity) but I’m finishing up my final two semesters in college so I gotta step away from fantasy football next season. Those 400 level classes are no joke.

Pathetic. Roger Goodell has successfully purchased your souls. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Man up. 

*currently weeping in the corner, wearing a Damien Williams jersey while wrapped in my wife's leopard skin blanket*

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Another year, another 2 losses in the championship.

I went through a 3 year stretch where in 3 leagues, with a 9 possible championship possibilities, I made it 7 of the 9.

Record in those 7?...0-7

Had an off year last season and didnt even make playoffs.

Came back and made the championship in the same 3 leagues and 0-2 already.

My last and main league, Im barely up like around 7 points with my Tim Patrick against his Courtland Sutton; starting Patrick because its a 14 team start 3 WRs league and just lost Tyler Boyd. Couldve been up more with CJA on my bench but couldnt justify starting him over MIchel or Samuels because it wasnt till AFTER the 1pm games started that Gurley was ruled out. Thanks a lot, game time decision my a**...

Just lost my 3rd league championship on that last TD by Sutton by 2 points, 148.96-146.96.

0-10 in the last 5 years...

I am so sick to my stomach.

Wow went into the game up 22 + Jared Cook vs the Muscle Hamster.

Almost had a damn hear attack. 

Muscle hamster goes off and Cook does nothing and survie by a shoe lace tackle at the two minute warning.

Happy I won but that wasn’t fun. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

82 games to determine warriors another win.  Cool script bro.  NFL x100 better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

TONS of fun knowing the outcome before the season even starts.

• Like 1

Just now, Tghetty said:

82 games to determine warriors another win.  Cool script bro.  NFL x100 better 

That’s because unlike the NFL, the NBA is 7 game series. It almost guarantees the best team wins. I agree that currently the parity is quite bad. However, this is likely the last year to be the case. Either way, dominance is enjoyable in its own right. 

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

People love college football and before the season Alabama or Clemson are borderline guaranteed to win. 

4 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Not to mention you could literally start the season 0-30 and still scrape your way back into the playoff picture bc the season doesnt really begin til after the all star break.

First two months of games literally mean nothing. Hell the first 3 quarters of a basketball game almost mean nothing in NBA where a 12 pt lead evaporates in 2 min or less.

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That’s because unlike the NFL, the NBA is 7 game series. It almost guarantees the best team wins. I agree that currently the parity is quite bad. However, this is likely the last year to be the case. Either way, dominance is enjoyable in its own right. 

People love college football and before the season Alabama or Clemson are borderline guaranteed to win. 

Ya and Alabama makes college football less fun than the NFL.

if you enjoy watching elite teams more than unpredictability then that’s fine but I think most people prefer parity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Unless a rash of injuries occur there is literally 0 doubt GSW will win. The NBA was much better 7-8 years ago when at least 4-5 teams could win. 

Supreme dominance is not fun. I really enjoy the NBA but won’t watch now because the dominance of the Warriors has sucked the fun out.

• Like 2