NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

See: Why snake draft is bad.

I prefer auction, yeah.  It definitely has a higher "skill cap" and rewards decision-making.  

That said, I only have time for a few leagues, and those are long-running leagues with my friends - all snake.  

Virtually impossible to convince the average fantasy player to do an auction draft.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

I prefer auction, yeah.  It definitely has a higher "skill cap" and rewards decision-making.  

That said, I only have time for a few leagues, and those are long-running leagues with my friends - all snake.  

Virtually impossible to convince the average fantasy player to do an auction draft.  

I feel your pain.

I been trying to convert my big money league to auction unsuccessfully for the past few years.

Maybe if i win this year i can demand it as champion.

Or i can just beat up the commissioner.

Snake = checkers, Auction = chess

30 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

That's the thing, realistically, with local leagues, they're typically groups of friends and fam, hard to take it soooo serious to ween them on auction

I drafted Freeman and Collins as my top two RBs. After going 0-2, my WRs were working out, so I traded TY for Dalvin Cook, then benched Crowell.  It’s only Week 3 and I’m down to starting Collins and Kerryon Washington.

Edited by eg4190
6 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Had I known Doyle was out this week, I would have picked up Ebron and started him instead of Njoku. Dammit...

My feelings exactly.  Although with mayfield now in, I’m seeing some nice work for njoku moving forward.

Last week going against my most bitter rival, he had AJ Green and Dalton going on Thursday night.  Not good.  I benched G. Tate for J. Landry (thought the better match-up) also not good.  As it was I had a good chance to still pull out a victory (having Tyreek and Gurley) but I also started Zuerlein, who pulled that groin during warm-ups and apparently it wasn't announced in time for me to pick up another kicker.  Lost by about 7 points in Yahoo PPR.  Rather frustrating even more so given who I was up against.   

General rant:  League mates that don't respond to trade offers in a timely fashion.  It's Saturday afternoon, I sent an offer on Wednesday, and still nothing.  We are in a long standing league, but while we all know each other, we all don't hang out socially so it's not as if I can send him a text asking what he thinks since I don't even have his phone number.  So here I wait, constantly hitting refresh to see if he will accept or reject.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, CooL said:

General rant:  League mates that don't respond to trade offers in a timely fashion.  It's Saturday afternoon, I sent an offer on Wednesday, and still nothing.  We are in a long standing league, but while we all know each other, we all don't hang out socially so it's not as if I can send him a text asking what he thinks since I don't even have his phone number.  So here I wait, constantly hitting refresh to see if he will accept or reject.

Oh yeah I hate that.  I don't leave trade offers on the table too long due to the fact that players can get injured in practice and anywhere else.  Imagine if the player you wanted to trade for got hurt then your opponent hits accept.  I know it's happened to people before and it sounds like a nightmare.

35 minutes ago, CooL said:

I’ll take that with a grain of salt, who knows, maybe they’re trash offers you’re hoping they hit accept by accident, I just let those offers sit to drive them nuts

Before the start of the season, I dealt Clement and Ekeler away (dynasty league). 

I got future draft picks, Duke Johnson (sigh) and Mack Hollins (IR).

I always seem to make the worst trades right before the start of the season.  

23 hours ago, Rainyy said:

I drafted Jared McKinnon over Diggs.  I was so torn.  

I would like to vent against my own stupidity.  

You should have drafted McKinnon over Diggs.  That was the correct decision.  No one can control or predict who will get injured.  Let that one go.

But it would sure be nice to have Diggs right now, yeah?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Paul Richardson is only worth anything when he is hurt.

I got worried last year when he messed up his finger.  Cut him after week 1 this year.  Was banged up all week, dude gets on the board early.

18 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Playing vs Ginn and hunt in multiple leagues... of course short early TDs for both

Another 1 yard td for hunt. Faced Gordon in multi leagues last week (3tds) and now hunt (less than 10 yards but 2tds)

Edited by vthokie3