NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

3 minutes ago, atrium said:

I'm about to be 0-3. Never felt my team was that bad, but the Luck/Hilton stack is ******** me in the a** hard. Combine that with David Johnson being a flat out bust, McCaffrey not scoring a touchdown if his life depended on it, Walker going down for the season, and my team is a complete dumpster fire. My season is already pretty much over after 3 weeks, what a waste of time with all that research during the offseason.

I stopped spending hours upon hours researching years ago because it really is a luck based game and it doesn't make much difference

• Like 1

Just now, owenmills said:

I stopped spending hours upon hours researching years ago because it really is a luck based game and it doesn't make much difference

One of my best seasons was my first season of fantasy football when I didn't know what the f--- I was doing and just kind of picked up players cause a waiver wire pickups article told me to. I miss those naive times.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

I started:

Breida: Injured on non contact

Lindsay: Decides to punch someone and get ejected

I benched:

C.Ridley: 76 yard touchdown

G.Allison: 63 yard touchdown

Likewise for the Breida/Ridley aspect.

Ridley up to 3 TDs. Monster game.

Just now, FreakFries said:

I’m putting this in the vent and rant thread, but this is a serious question:

How do you explain the Minnesota/Buffalo game? Seriously. There has to be some kind of fix right? From a talent and performance level there is no explanation for this.

Vikes totally overlooked them...they had a emotional game against GB on Sunday..then they come back and play the Rams on Thursday.  They mentally thought they could just show up and win this game, which in the long run will hopefully be a good lesson for them.  Add into the fact that there have been some fluky plays that all went Buffalo's way, plus the big penalty differential between the two teams.

• Like 1

Just now, FreakFries said:

I’m putting this in the vent and rant thread, but this is a serious question:

How do you explain the Minnesota/Buffalo game? Seriously. There has to be some kind of fix right? From a talent and performance level there is no explanation for this.

As someone who took Buffalo betting (not a lot, but thought the spread was far too massive, was 17.  IIRC everyone talked about how massive the Jags vs the Broncos one was when Peyton was QB and it was 18 or 19).

Buffalo has a decent D, that is what carried them to the playoffs last year.  They showed up early and they have been creative with Allen who is a baller. Guy makes things happens and opens up the O. 

Minny let themselves get demoralized and sat there for half a game stunned.

Am I surprised Buffalo is going to win?  Yes.  I thought they would lose in a heartbreaker, play tough, lose by a FG or fight 3 quarters tough and then collapse.

Buffalo is doing to Minny what happened to them in week 1, they let themselves get beat early and don't have the mental toughness to recover.

There's literally nothing I can do. I've been on a streak since week 1 where all my opponents players literally have a TD. Last week was against AJ green and Michael Thomas and other td getters. This week I'm against Royce, Hunt, Davante Adams, Fuller, Matty Lice, etc. The streak continues... Of course when I try to claw back they take away my tds like Jared Cooks and Murray is getting me nothing of course. Fml

Edited by Wyzzil

Can anybody say they would've expected this team to be 0-3 to start the season in a 14 team 1 ppr? I'm regularly getting blown out each week and I'm so ******** frustrated I'm about ready to bench my team rest of season and not look at this team again. A sincere f--- you to my QBs especially.

QB: Luck, Smith

WR: Hilton, Tate, Baldwin, Marvin Jones, Grant

RB: DJ, McCaffrey, Coleman, Cohen

TE: ASJ, Clay, Walker (IR)

K: Boswell

DEF: LAC, Carolina

If anyone's interested in running this team for the rest of the season, I'm listening.

Fantasy QBs against me to start the season - 

Week 1: Drew Brees - 37.56 fantasy points

Week 2: Kirk Cousins - 44.50 fantasy points

Week 3: Matt Ryan - 52.08 fantasy points

Versus my QBs - 

Week 1: Andrew Luck - 23.46 fantasy points

Week 2: Alex Smith - 13.08 fantasy points

Week 3: Andrew Luck - 14.18 fantasy points

So my opponents have outscored me by a total of 83.42 fantasy points at the QB position, or about 28 fantasy points per week. So my opponents have been outscoring me by more points on average than my QB's best week so far this season.

I love it when this happens in fantasy.  Back and forth through the first half. Stay close to the opponent, then suddenly half way through the 3rd nothing and suddenly I'm down 10, then 20, then 30, then 40, now pushing 50 as my guys go quiet.

Funchess, Hopkins, Adams, and Gio I don't think have any points in about 30 real life minutes.

4 minutes ago, supac720 said:

Yeah... this is just one of these weeks that make me shrug and realize I know nothing about fantasy football.

No one does. It's why everyone and their idiot co-worker can have fun playing. Silly game of dumb luck, no matter how much money you play for

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1