NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

Oh I already told him no.  Tough you know what.   I'm thinking it is his way of dropping out of the league without saying he quit.  Make me into the bad guy for not altering the schedule, then I'm the one who made him leave.

I actually quite enjoy being that guy. Maybe that's why they made me the commish

29 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

I've drafted a team... in May.... and now I am up to 74 Managed Teams...

GOD HELP ME!

1Otljta.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

What do you mean?

Just how stacked the teams are, seemed like before there was a clear difference in how rosters of leagues with 10 and 12 teams looked.  Now in mocks i’m seeing a lot more of stacked teams everywhere in comparison of past years. 

7 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Just how stacked the teams are, seemed like before there was a clear difference in how rosters of leagues with 10 and 12 teams looked.  Now in mocks i’m seeing a lot more of stacked teams everywhere in comparison of past years. 

Guess it is opinion. You might see a team and think it is stacked full of good players, and someone else might see that same team and think it is poopiedook. 

In a twelve team, 3 keeper league. My keepers are AB/Adams/Shady. Thought I was in good shape, until I remembered that we have one team keeping DJ/Kamara/Cook, and another keeping Bell/Gurley/Fournette. Time to figure out some trades, I guess... or I'm playing for third.

17 minutes ago, DelayedElation said:

In a twelve team, 3 keeper league. My keepers are AB/Adams/Shady. Thought I was in good shape, until I remembered that we have one team keeping DJ/Kamara/Cook, and another keeping Bell/Gurley/Fournette. Time to figure out some trades, I guess... or I'm playing for third.

Guy who has Bell/Gurley/Fournette probably has RB1, RB2 and RB3 already. Should be a restriction on this type of crap. Doesn't sound fun at all.

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Guy who has Bell/Gurley/Fournette probably has RB1, RB2 and RB3 already. Should be a restriction on this type of crap. Doesn't sound fun at all.

I just feel bad for the new people coming in (from those who took their dues and got out), and the bottom half of the league. Not even a semblance of parity.

But, I'm not a quitter. So I'll just titter to myself and do what I can.

15 minutes ago, DelayedElation said:

I just feel bad for the new people coming in (from those who took their dues and got out), and the bottom half of the league. Not even a semblance of parity.

But, I'm not a quitter. So I'll just titter to myself and do what I can.

Don't think keeper leagues should remain if new players join. You're basically paying to give money to your friends. What is the point?

Are there any special rules for keepers when someone leaves and a new player joins? Like the Vegas NHL, they get to steal 3 players from other teams, but that player gets your X round pick? Anything like that? 

Edited by oliminator123

Yeah, not a fan of keeper leagues for football.  Baseball sure.  Football, you just end up with the stacked teams and the teams struggling along year after year.  Football is a fresh start every year, where baseball to me is team building for the long term. 

46 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Don't think keeper leagues should remain if new players join. You're basically paying to give money to your friends. What is the point?

Are there any special rules for keepers when someone leaves and a new player joins? Like the Vegas NHL, they get to steal 3 players from other teams, but that player gets your X round pick? Anything like that? 

Nope, no special rules.  This is the third year of the league, so those rules should probably be introduced (or at least suggested) at some point- maybe have a 2 or 3 year maximum time limit on keepers. Our commish is one of the people who DOESN'T have a stacked team, so I'm sure he'd at least put it to the vote.

16 minutes ago, DelayedElation said:

Nope, no special rules.  This is the third year of the league, so those rules should probably be introduced (or at least suggested) at some point- maybe have a 2 or 3 year maximum time limit on keepers. Our commish is one of the people who DOESN'T have a stacked team, so I'm sure he'd at least put it to the vote.

Wonder what the average for leagues is in terms of league types. 

Keeper versus no keeper. 

Standard versus PPR versus .5 PPR

6 point passing versus 4 point passing

I prefer no keeper, standard, 6 pt passing. Keeper I avoid for the reasons above and PPR I'm very vocal about why I cannot stand it. 

I'm not sure what I think about keeper leagues, but I think my keeper league handles it fairly well - our auction league allows $50 in keepers, here is the basic contract structure:

1. 1st year a player is drafted they are an 'A contract' at whatever auction value is returned.

2. The next year the contract stays the same $$ and is now a B contract.

3. In year three however (C contract) $5 is added to the original contract.

4. Year 4 the player goes back into the pool. 

When a new team is added (i.e., someone quits), that new team gets to choose players from the pool of non-keepers (not rookies) at whatever contract $ is set and it then becomes an A contract. Since I joined the league, we've had to replace a few teams and for the most part, these new teams have been competitive with this system in place.

The Gurley/Bell/Fournette keeper example from above would never happen since all of these players initial A contracts are well over 50 at auction time. We did however have a guy last year in our draft get Kamara for peanuts, so he'll have him this year for the same contact, and then a 3rd year at $5 more....then he'll go back into the pool. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sternes said:

Yeah, not a fan of keeper leagues for football.  Baseball sure.  Football, you just end up with the stacked teams and the teams struggling along year after year.  Football is a fresh start every year, where baseball to me is team building for the long term. 

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Keeping 3 players is just insane

Depends on the rules for keepers (IMO). For example, if the keepers are only for one year, where every season you get to keep 3 new players chosen only in double-digits (or less than $6 in auction), it rewards those late-pick gems, those guys you believed in and did well or were a dart-throw that paid off.

Brooklyn99Insider-Peralta-Samberg-Believ

Chris Carson lumbering his way around the field like a dad and getting blasted at the goal line and fumbling.  Yet Pete Carroll still loves the guy.

/end rant.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Chris Carson lumbering his way around the field like a dad and getting blasted at the goal line and fumbling.  Yet Pete Carroll still loves the guy.

/end rant.

Well who else do they have? Penny is injured and Prosise is made of glass. 

On 8/15/2018 at 8:09 AM, lolcopter said:

Keeping 3 players is just insane

I have one keeper league where you can keep 8!

You heard me right... EIGHT!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...