NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Tenner said:

Not a single TD from a non QB in both of my leagues. A goose egg from all of Kamara, CMac, Drake, Michel, Keenan, Ertz, Burton, Juju, Enunwah, Conner, and Agoholor. 

This was me last season. Basically not all that different this season either. I think I've only had a few TDs on my team all season  long. I also have CMac, Keenan, and Quincy. 

27 point cushion with my AB vs Fitz and Vance McDonald. I would have been fine losing if Fitz went bonkers again. But Vance McDonald putting up 17 points? What the hell? Lost by 3 points because of Vance. Worst loss I've had in a long time.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Tenner said:

Not a single TD from a non QB in both of my leagues. A goose egg from all of Kamara, CMac, Drake, Michel, Keenan, Ertz, Burton, Juju, Enunwah, Conner, and Agoholor. 

Same. 

Elliot
Conner
Julio 
Thielin
Cook 
L. Murray

Some of the very best fantasy players and they couldn't muster one freaking touch down between them. Remarkable. 

Edited by HTM

14 team league and 1-2. Most points scored against by 36 points. Fifth in points scored but only 13 points from third most points scored. 

I’ve had a combined 4.3 points from my 2nd, 3rd, and 5th round picks (McKinnon, Baldwin, and Olsen). The fact my team is still competitive is astonishing. Kamara, GMO, Breida and #cawcaw have carried the team so far. 

6 hours ago, devaster said:

27 point cushion with my AB vs Fitz and Vance McDonald. I would have been fine losing if Fitz went bonkers again. But Vance McDonald putting up 17 points? What the hell? Lost by 3 points because of Vance. Worst loss I've had in a long time.

Oof. Had a 30 point cushion against his Pitts D and JuJu. Thought I should have had it.

Of course Fitz throws a pick 6, then gets sacked on the last drive, with JuJu catching the game winner. Lost by 2 points. Would've beat any other team in the league and been at 3-0. 

Not to mention I had 2 fumbles with Miller and Gurley (what an anomaly, just wasn't meant to be) and 3 TD's that were overturned (B. Cooks and J. Cook). 

Edited by mvttchew
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Didn't throw enough money at Williams or Boyd who I needed desperately...

Jack-Nicholson.gif

mike williams?

nothing to vent here im just stoked i got baker in my deep league with the long td bonus

100% buying into baker, some people are just naturals maaaaaan

think hes gonna come out and put up a big game against the raiders right away, obviously cant start him yet

24 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

mike williams?

nothing to vent here im just stoked i got baker in my deep league with the long td bonus

100% buying into baker, some people are just naturals maaaaaan

think hes gonna come out and put up a big game against the raiders right away, obviously cant start him yet

That's a real cool story, bro. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, DekuTree said:

Didn't throw enough money at Williams or Boyd who I needed desperately...

Jack-Nicholson.gif

Same here, missed it by 2 bucks... everyone in my league is a cheap skate i knew this and still low balled Williams. sad.

kept changing the bid number too......

trying to trade away kenny stills for him right now

forced to start kenny stills if he doesn't accept...

Edited by pdog109

16 hours ago, Ryan81 said:

14 team league and 1-2. Most points scored against by 36 points. Fifth in points scored but only 13 points from third most points scored. 

I’ve had a combined 4.3 points from my 2nd, 3rd, and 5th round picks (McKinnon, Baldwin, and Olsen). The fact my team is still competitive is astonishing. Kamara, GMO, Breida and #cawcaw have carried the team so far. 

LOL !!!!  How bout this.  I was knocked off my wifi for rounds 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

My auto picks were Mckinnon,  Baldwin,  Stafford,  Olsen,  Minny D,  and Zurelin.        

I'm getting more and more frustrated by the parity in fantasy football. Outside of the top few players at each position, nobody can be trusted. 

Looking at fantasy pros rankings for week 4, and it's ridiculous. There are less than 10 QBs that matter, and then there's everyone else. There are less than 10 RBs that matter, and then there's everyone else. There are less than 25 WRs that matter. There are definitely less than 10 TEs. 

When there's no discernable difference between QB10 and QB20, RB10 and RB25, WR22 and WR42, TE8 and TE14... then this really is just a game of pure luck. 

It doesn't matter if you drafted good value players like Tevin Coleman, Matt Breida, Kenny Stills, Quincy Enunwa etc. etc... those players still don't really provide any more consistent value than whatever other players were drafted around them. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I'm getting more and more frustrated by the parity in fantasy football. Outside of the top few players at each position, nobody can be trusted. 

Looking at fantasy pros rankings for week 4, and it's ridiculous. There are less than 10 QBs that matter, and then there's everyone else. There are less than 10 RBs that matter, and then there's everyone else. There are less than 25 WRs that matter. There are definitely less than 10 TEs. 

When there's no discernable difference between QB10 and QB20, RB10 and RB25, WR22 and WR42, TE8 and TE14... then this really is just a game of pure luck. 

It doesn't matter if you drafted good value players like Tevin Coleman, Matt Breida, Kenny Stills, Quincy Enunwa etc. etc... those players still don't really provide any more consistent value than whatever other players were drafted around them. 

This + the atrocious football we have been forced to watch ( million flags, dumb calls, bad teams ) the overall joy Fantasy Football season used to bring is dwindling.  

Much like the Internet Poker boom of the early 2000s, I feel fantasy is on a down turn despite it being more popular than ever.  The matches themselves feel like weekly crapshoots and its not so much about cream rising to the top as it is avoiding landmines and the 3-4 blow up players of the week.  

• Like 4

In a work league, I traded Devonta Freeman and Lamar Miller for Tyreek Hill.

It got vetoed, and I found out my boss was messaging minimum two other people and telling them to veto.

What kind of ******** bull**** is this? He's intentionally messaging the ones who will do what he says because he's their boss, even though fantasy football and work are two totally separate entities.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, omnom1337 said:

It got vetoed, and I found out my boss was messaging minimum two other people and telling them to veto.

What kind of ******** bull**** is this? He's intentionally messaging the ones who will do what he says because he's their boss, even though fantasy football and work are two totally separate entities.

LIKE A BOSS

1 hour ago, omnom1337 said:

Never play in that league again... similar thing happened to me in a work league.  

8 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Same here, missed it by 2 bucks... everyone in my league is a cheap skate i knew this and still low balled Williams. sad.

kept changing the bid number too......

trying to trade away kenny stills for him right now

forced to start kenny stills if he doesn't accept...

Making matters worse, I dropped Williams last week assuming I had another week or two until his role increased enough for others to be willing to drop cash on him. Put up $18 thinking I could get him over my (also) cheap leaguemates, but the guy who has now burned through 88% of his money paid $23 even though he wasn't filling a need. Then I tied for Boyd with another guy who didn't need a receiver and his worse record got him the tie-break. FAAB is really not meshing well with my free-wheeling, roster churning, impatient ways... 

At least I got Callaway for $1?  :unsure:

2 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

That totally sucks.

Your boss sounds like a loser.

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, saintrules said:

Two dingbats got a tie in my league...so much for record uniformity...freaking hipsters. 

Really the games aren*t final until the stat corrections are posted. On the NFL site it's Thursday morning. Your game score could change. 

3 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

#MeToo him