NBC Sports Edge Forums

Had OJ Howard going Monday night in 2 different leagues. Lost one matchup by 1.6 points, and the other by .2 ?

Still praying to the fantasy Gods that there is a stat correction coming in my favor ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

8 hours ago, smash10033 said:

LOL !!!!  How bout this.  I was knocked off my wifi for rounds 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

My auto picks were Mckinnon,  Baldwin,  Stafford,  Olsen,  Minny D,  and Zurelin.        

Where do you live, Timbuktu? Or are you trying to steal wifi from the neighbor 5 houses down who left it unsecured?

I can't remember the last time my wifi went down. And if it did, first thing I'd be doing is firing up the FF app on my phone and going cellular.

This is the modern age, my friend. If your wifi fails we don't have to switch to carrier pigeon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

In a work league, I traded Devonta Freeman and Lamar Miller for Tyreek Hill.

It got vetoed, and I found out my boss was messaging minimum two other people and telling them to veto.

What kind of ******** bull**** is this? He's intentionally messaging the ones who will do what he says because he's their boss, even though fantasy football and work are two totally separate entities.

That's some BS. That league is garbage, and you shouldn't play in it anymore. 

And your boss sounds like an a******. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

That's some BS. That league is garbage, and you shouldn't play in it anymore. 

And your boss sounds like an a******. 

I just found out he sent an email to everyone a week ago when I was shopping around Freeman + Coleman that said "DO NOT TRADE with (my name), he is trying to fleece you" (that's the short version).

Didn't have the balls to send it to me too.

Edited by omnom1337
1 minute ago, this guy right here said:

You gotta go RB/RB/RB they said..........

DJ, D Cook, D Freeman...........awesome.

Everyone said that, so I went WR/WR/RB/WR.

Granted, I got AB/Thomas/Mixon/ARob, and Mixon is injured while I just traded away ARob for Shady... But AB and Thomas are kickin' tail!

15 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

I just found out he sent an email to everyone a week ago when I was shopping around Freeman + Coleman that said "DO NOT TRADE with (my name), he is trying to fleece you" (that's the short version).

Didn't have the balls to send it to me too.

These type of people should be erased from the earth. 

2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

These type of people should be erased from the earth. 

I honestly can't figure out which is sadder

A.) He's too afraid of me to include me in his trash talk

or

B.) He has to make sure he has total control over everyone in the league and thinks they are incapable of thinking for themselves when it comes to evaluating their own trades

18 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

I honestly can't figure out which is sadder

A.) He's too afraid of me to include me in his trash talk

or

B.) He has to make sure he has total control over everyone in the league and thinks they are incapable of thinking for themselves when it comes to evaluating their own trades

Doesn't sound like trash talk. Sounds like someone so pathetic he can't stand the idea of anyone improving because he can't himself.

19 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Doesn't sound like trash talk. Sounds like someone so pathetic he can't stand the idea of anyone improving because he can't himself.

People like this usually don’t have any friends around the office.  I had a boss like this once and I hated it.  All my friends at work used to talk sh** about him all the time.

57 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

It honestly reeked of insecurity. I'd rather see "wow you suck" instead of a full paragraph about how I'm nothing but a scam artist who didn't even want to give me the chance to respond because he didn't include me on the damn email chain.

34 minutes ago, Mystery83 said:

People like this usually don’t have any friends around the office.  I had a boss like this once and I hated it.  All my friends at work used to talk sh** about him all the time.

He has one "workplace BFF" and the rest are suckups who wouldn't dare cross their corporate overlord

It's embarrassing.

Pays well enough though lmao

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, DekuTree said:

Making matters worse, I dropped Williams last week assuming I had another week or two until his role increased enough for others to be willing to drop cash on him. Put up $18 thinking I could get him over my (also) cheap leaguemates, but the guy who has now burned through 88% of his money paid $23 even though he wasn't filling a need. Then I tied for Boyd with another guy who didn't need a receiver and his worse record got him the tie-break. FAAB is really not meshing well with my free-wheeling, roster churning, impatient ways... 

At least I got Callaway for $1?  :unsure:

Feels bad. Need to stay aggressive with FAAB early in the season, break out players emerge weeks 1-4 not 13-16.

Didn't follow my own advice.

Better to blow FAAB early and get those dudes.

Now that jabroni is flexing Mike Williams while im stuck playing will or he won't  heKenny Stills

18 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

It honestly reeked of insecurity.

Maybe he really is insecure.  Either by your football knowledge or maybe he is threatened by you as an employee - like afraid you might pass him up in the company...??

Why don’t you and the sheeple around the office just kick him out of the league?

1 minute ago, Mystery83 said:

Maybe he really is insecure.  Either by your football knowledge or maybe he is threatened by you as an employee - like afraid you might pass him up in the company...??

Why don’t you and the sheeple around the office just kick him out of the league?

1 minute ago, Mystery83 said:

sheeple

That's why

8 minutes ago, Mystery83 said:

You are in a really difficult situation.  You should probably just confront him tomorrow and tell him you know what he is doing.

He knows I know what he is doing. Problem is, he doesn't care and he has the sheeple on his side.

For the situation with the boss throwing his weight around to block trades:  Laugh it off.  Then, after you win the league, retire undefeated.  When they ask why you aren't playing next year, just tell them you want to focus more on work.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

For the situation with the boss throwing his weight around to block trades:  Laugh it off.  Then, after you win the league, retire undefeated.  When they ask why you aren't playing next year, just tell them you want to focus more on work.

I mean I got second in our league last year, but when he got eliminated, he turned into this pissy little "oh I don't care about this league anymore" whenever fantasy got brought up

So if I win and he asks why I'm not playing next year, he'd say "oh ok cool bro I don't remember about last year but have fun not playing" and then constantly bring up fantasy whenever I'm around

It's a lose-lose for me unless I can convince the commissioner to proceed with the trade -- OR unless the trade ends up getting vetoed and Miller/Freeman both end up blowing up and carrying me to a championship.

He is a giant manchild.

Oh and he's a Vikings fan so he's extra pissy for obvious reasons.

Edited by omnom1337
8 hours ago, this guy right here said:

You gotta go RB/RB/RB they said..........

DJ, D Cook, D Freeman...........awesome.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:15 AM, Gryfter said:

In a big money league, picking 2nd overall, first 3 picks were:

David Johnson

Devonta Freeman

Jordan Howard

Couldnt believe Freeman and Howard fell to me at the 2/3...guess the league knew something I didnt.

:lol:

Thought I struck gold too!!!

Edited by Gryfter
3 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

In a work league, I traded Devonta Freeman and Lamar Miller for Tyreek Hill.

It got vetoed, and I found out my boss was messaging minimum two other people and telling them to veto.

What kind of ******** bull**** is this? He's intentionally messaging the ones who will do what he says because he's their boss, even though fantasy football and work are two totally separate entities.

You have to the leave the league. You can't play under those circumstances. They'll find somebody else. Then join a good league over in the league finder section. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, weakkneeswilly said:

You have to the leave the league. You can't play under those circumstances. They'll find somebody else. Then join a good league over in the league finder section. 

are we sure this isn't the plot of an episode of The League and this guy is messing with us

it seems too ridiculous to be real

• Like 1