NBC Sports Edge Forums

11 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

Where do you live, Timbuktu? Or are you trying to steal wifi from the neighbor 5 houses down who left it unsecured?

I can't remember the last time my wifi went down. And if it did, first thing I'd be doing is firing up the FF app on my phone and going cellular.

This is the modern age, my friend. If your wifi fails we don't have to switch to carrier pigeon!

My wifi has NEVER gone down.    I literally did about 50 mock drafts leading up to the actual draft.   I quickly loaded up the yahoo ap on my phone to see a message saying no connection.    Just talking about this brings me to a cold sweat.    I never felt so helpless..... even worse is I am thinking well.... this season is over I just wont log on but I am the commissioner.  I have to log on.  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

Vent & Rant

1.  Hue Jackson is still an NFL coach

2.  Roughing the passer penalties 

3.  Coaches calling out their QBs saying “he’s trying to do to much”

4. Cardinals Mike McCoy is the worst offensive coordinator in football 

Edited by seanismorris
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, smash10033 said:

My wifi has NEVER gone down.    I literally did about 50 mock drafts leading up to the actual draft.   I quickly loaded up the yahoo ap on my phone to see a message saying no connection.    Just talking about this brings me to a cold sweat.    I never felt so helpless..... even worse is I am thinking well.... this season is over I just wont log on but I am the commissioner.  I have to log on.  

I first read "wifi" as "wife."  I need new glasses.

• Haha 6
2 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

The steelers not trading Bell yet. 

Have Conner and Bell on my team, they need to hurry up and trade Bell away so I can waltz my way to a championship with Bell/Conner as my RB1/2

That’s on Bell just as much (if not more) than the Steelers.  He needs to show up first...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

are we sure this isn't the plot of an episode of The League and this guy is messing with us

it seems too ridiculous to be real

Nah, I believe it.  People get pretty worked up over fantasy football.  And there are a lot of immature, unstable people in positions of power. 

21 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

I just found out he sent an email to everyone a week ago when I was shopping around Freeman + Coleman that said "DO NOT TRADE with (my name), he is trying to fleece you" (that's the short version).

Didn't have the balls to send it to me too.

16 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

I mean I got second in our league last year, but when he got eliminated, he turned into this pissy little "oh I don't care about this league anymore" whenever fantasy got brought up

So if I win and he asks why I'm not playing next year, he'd say "oh ok cool bro I don't remember about last year but have fun not playing" and then constantly bring up fantasy whenever I'm around

It's a lose-lose for me unless I can convince the commissioner to proceed with the trade -- OR unless the trade ends up getting vetoed and Miller/Freeman both end up blowing up and carrying me to a championship.

He is a giant manchild.

Oh and he's a Vikings fan so he's extra pissy for obvious reasons.

I think this is a prime reason to do away with veto.  Our league just lets trades go through.  Of course, that leads to a lot of anger about perceived unfair trades, etc.  But no solution is perfect.

5 hours ago, Mystery83 said:

It would be terrible if your boss was on this discussion thread, wouldn’t it Andrew?

signed,

Mr. E

PS - see me in my office

PPS - gotteeem!

Hahaha.  That would be awesome.  

I always wonder who on my league here is reading these forums too...

7 hours ago, P@ckersFan said:

My auction team had Pat Mahomes, David Johnson, and Le'Veon Bell on it. Who would have thought I'd be 0-3?

And who would've thought before the season started, that Mahomes would by far be the best player of those three, after 3 weeks.

21 minutes ago, CooL said:

Hahaha.  That would be awesome.  

I always wonder who on my league here is reading these forums too...

I will say, if that's *actually* the guy's boss, which I doubt, and if there are *actually* any consequences [or even anything beyond light-hearted ribbing] for posting here, that's utter BS. 

That would give something worth ranting about!

10 hours ago, smash10033 said:

My wifi has NEVER gone down.    I literally did about 50 mock drafts leading up to the actual draft.   I quickly loaded up the yahoo ap on my phone to see a message saying no connection.  

Last year I got told the day before my draft that I was going to go have to work an install that entire week in a town 2 hours away. We usually get an AirBNB for the crew so it didn't seem like a big deal, until I got back to the place about 30 minutes before the draft and realized the wifi wasn't working, and my phone wasn't reliable enough to trust the app. Ended up having my boss pull his big new work truck up in the yard as close to the house as possible and turning his OnStar wirelesss on and drafting from the railing of the back porch on my laptop. 

Priorities. 

8 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Last year I got told the day before my draft that I was going to go have to work an install that entire week in a town 2 hours away. We usually get an AirBNB for the crew so it didn't seem like a big deal, until I got back to the place about 30 minutes before the draft and realized the wifi wasn't working, and my phone wasn't reliable enough to trust the app. Ended up having my boss pull his big new work truck up in the yard as close to the house as possible and turning his OnStar wirelesss on and drafting from the railing of the back porch on my laptop. 

Priorities. 

Between you and omnom, I'd say we have the yin and the yang, as far as boss behavior towards fantasy football is concerned, lol

1 hour ago, bwarbiany said:

I will say, if that's *actually* the guy's boss, which I doubt,

Oh, I’m definitely Omnom’s boss and his telling of this story is full of exaggerations and lies.  I am not a “corporate overlord” and his co-workers aren’t “sheeple.”  We are a small, laid back office with a really casual league.  He went to the guy in our league who has played FF once and has only seen two NFL games in the last three years and stacked a trade in his favor.  In our league, people are allowed to vote on trades.  Not all leagues do this.  I don’t love it either, but we are allowed to do it.  I didn’t rally any votes, everyone in the office saw what he was doing and people rejected it on their own.  I was even traveling for work this week and out of town so the idea of me rallying people against him is rediculous.  His trade got rejected and he made up some story about me to sound cool.

As for the email I sent two weeks ago, it was half serious and half making fun of him.  I saw him on here talking about how unhappy he is with Freeman and Coleman and how he hopes to fleece someone in a trade for them.  I emailed the team laughing about his plan.

I couldnt resist calling him out on here and having a good laugh while busting him.

• Haha 3
45 minutes ago, Mystery83 said:

Oh, I’m definitely Omnom’s boss and his telling of this story is full of exaggerations and lies.  I am not a “corporate overlord” and his co-workers aren’t “sheeple.”  We are a small, laid back office with a really casual league.  He went to the guy in our league who has played FF once and has only seen two NFL games in the last three years and stacked a trade in his favor.  In our league, people are allowed to vote on trades.  Not all leagues do this.  I don’t love it either, but we are allowed to do it.  I didn’t rally any votes, everyone in the office saw what he was doing and people rejected it on their own.  I was even traveling for work this week and out of town so the idea of me rallying people against him is rediculous.  His trade got rejected and he made up some story about me to sound cool.

As for the email I sent two weeks ago, it was half serious and half making fun of him.  I saw him on here talking about how unhappy he is with Freeman and Coleman and how he hopes to fleece someone in a trade for them.  I emailed the team laughing about his plan.

I couldnt resist calling him out on here and having a good laugh while busting him.

If you are really his boss... regardless of his intent, that was a crap veto.

5 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

If you are really his boss... regardless of his intent, that was a crap veto.

Why - I didn’t set the rules of the league.  The rules tell us we can vote on a trade.  Why wouldn’t I vote against a one-sided trade that makes someone else’s team better than mine?  I’m playing to win like anyone else and it would be stupid to let Omnom poach talent from the one or two guys who aren’t really sure what they are doing.  Our league is really casual.  He is the only one trying to trick people into garbage trades and he is the only one whining when he doesn’t get his way in this league.  I don’t care that he is trying to get starters in exchange for his bench, but I also don’t feel bad about being one vote against him when he tries it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mystery83 said:

Why - I didn’t set the rules of the league.  The rules tell us we can vote on a trade.  Why wouldn’t I vote against a one-sided trade that makes someone else’s team better than mine?  I’m playing to win like anyone else and it would be stupid to let Omnom poach talent from the one or two guys who aren’t really sure what they are doing.  Our league is really casual.  He is the only one trying to trick people into garbage trades and he is the only one whining when he doesn’t get his way in this league.  I don’t care that he is trying to get starters in exchange for his bench, but I also don’t feel bad about being one vote against him when he tries it.

I stand by my original statement.  It was a crap veto and I would quit a league like that.

6 minutes ago, Mystery83 said:

You could quit and so can Omnom.  You sound as whiny as he is.

What you partake as whiny is because he's right.  If the person trading Hill is strong at WR and week at RB that is a reasonable trade.  Freeman is practicing again and could be back soon Miller, while unspectacular, has been a boarder line RB2.  RB's, due to scarcity, carry more value that WR.  I'm not saying I would do the trade but I see the logic for both sides.  Veto's are meant to prevent collusion not to cancel trades because one party was perceived to win, and no one will know who won for sure until the end of the season.

I can see his frustration though... as soon as someone challenges you, you call them whiny.  Traits of a strong leader.  Respond if you feel necessary, I won't again, I've said my peace.

Edited by ColoWrex
  • Like 5
Just now, ColoWrex said:

What you partake as whiny is because he's right.  If the person trading Hill is strong at WR and week at RB that is a reasonable trade.  Freeman is practicing again and could be back soon Miller, while unspectacular, has been a board line RB2.  RB's, due to scarcity, carry more value that WR.  I'm not saying I would do the trade but I see the logic for both sides.  Veto's are meant to prevent collusion not to cancel trades because one party was perceived to win, and now one will no for sure who one until the end of the season.

I can see his frustration though... as soon as someone challenges you, you call them whiny.  Traits of a strong leader.  Respond if you feel necessary, I won't again, I've said my peace.

He knew the rules of the league before he joined it.  The league gets to vote on a trades.  If he doesn’t like the rule, he shouldn’t join the league.  To say he should quit for people playing by the rules tells me all I need to know about you.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:11 AM, Zak0221 said:

This + the atrocious football we have been forced to watch ( million flags, dumb calls, bad teams ) the overall joy Fantasy Football season used to bring is dwindling.  

Much like the Internet Poker boom of the early 2000s, I feel fantasy is on a down turn despite it being more popular than ever.  The matches themselves feel like weekly crapshoots and its not so much about cream rising to the top as it is avoiding landmines and the 3-4 blow up players of the week.  

Yeah it seems like another issue to me is that the overall team defense in this league is flat out atrocious. Watching the game tonight, it’s like, these two are supposed to be two of the best ones, but they look like complete and utter crap.

Next time, I will not make last minute changes.

I moved Cook from bench to RB in a must win game. Now I am looking down at a 0-4. Sucks big time.

Freaking Rotoworld need to do a better job in explaining pitch count and a warning not to start,