NBC Sports Edge Forums

Just now, zen25 said:

Next time, I will not make last minute changes.

I moved Cook from bench to RB in a must win game. Now I am looking down at a 0-4. Sucks big time.

Freaking Rotoworld need to do a better job in explaining pitch count and a warning not to start,

Nah not really buddy. Do your research for

your self. That’s why you’re 0-4. Just blindly looking at rotoworld one paragraph analysis from a guy who came in fourth in his office league one time in 2011 and somehow got this volunteer job 

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Mystery83 said:

Why - I didn’t set the rules of the league.  The rules tell us we can vote on a trade.  Why wouldn’t I vote against a one-sided trade that makes someone else’s team better than mine?  I’m playing to win like anyone else and it would be stupid to let Omnom poach talent from the one or two guys who aren’t really sure what they are doing.  Our league is really casual.  He is the only one trying to trick people into garbage trades and he is the only one whining when he doesn’t get his way in this league.  I don’t care that he is trying to get starters in exchange for his bench, but I also don’t feel bad about being one vote against him when he tries it.

Lol dude, you sound like a s---y boss (emailing everyone except him to make fun of him and his plan?), and you sound like a s---y person to play fantasy football with.

Devonta Freeman and Lamar Miller for Tyreek Hill isn't a one-sided trade, or poaching talent.  And its definitely not a veto-able trade.

• Like 7

Why - I didn’t set the rules of the league.  The rules tell us we can vote on a trade.  Why wouldn’t I vote against a one-sided trade that makes someone else’s team better than mine?  I’m playing to win like anyone else and it would be stupid to let Omnom poach talent from the one or two guys who aren’t really sure what they are doing.  Our league is really casual.  He is the only one trying to trick people into garbage trades and he is the only one whining when he doesn’t get his way in this league.  I don’t care that he is trying to get starters in exchange for his bench, but I also don’t feel bad about being one vote against him when he tries it.

I agree with everyone else, you're an a**.   Let me get this straight, you're not happy because he made a trade that made his team better?   What's the point in trading then - there is often a winner and loser - and as someone said, who are you to really make that judgment 25% of the way through a season?   It may look lopsided to you right now, but ultimately the real determination happens near the end of the season.  

I also don't believe that trade is a garbage trade at all.    Not even close.   Vetoes should be used to prevent collusion, and certainly not to drum up support via private emails to block a trade.    If you're using vetoes to protect "guys who aren't really sure what they are doing", perhaps this how they will gain experience and learn.  And if not, then maybe they shouldn't be playing fantasy football.  

Your vision is very short sighted, which makes me question what kind of manager/leader you are in the "office."

Why - I didn’t set the rules of the league.  The rules tell us we can vote on a trade.  Why wouldn’t I vote against a one-sided trade that makes someone else’s team better than mine?  I’m playing to win like anyone else and it would be stupid to let Omnom poach talent from the one or two guys who aren’t really sure what they are doing.  Our league is really casual.  He is the only one trying to trick people into garbage trades and he is the only one whining when he doesn’t get his way in this league.  I don’t care that he is trying to get starters in exchange for his bench, but I also don’t feel bad about being one vote against him when he tries it.

What kinda douchebaggery is this?

Pathetic.

44 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

Lol dude, you sound like a s---y boss (emailing everyone except him to make fun of him and his plan?), and you sound like a s---y person to play fantasy football with.

Devonta Freeman and Lamar Miller for Tyreek Hill isn't a one-sided trade, or poaching talent.  And its definitely not a veto-able trade.

7 minutes ago, Child_Please said:

I agree with everyone else, you're an a**.   Let me get this straight, you're not happy because he made a trade that made his team better?   What's the point in trading then - there is often a winner and loser - and as someone said, who are you to really make that judgment 25% of the way through a season?   It may look lopsided to you right now, but ultimately the real determination happens near the end of the season.  

I also don't believe that trade is a garbage trade at all.    Not even close.   Vetoes should be used to prevent collusion, and certainly not to drum up support via private emails to block a trade.    If you're using vetoes to protect "guys who aren't really sure what they are doing", perhaps this how they will gain experience and learn.  And if not, then maybe they shouldn't be playing fantasy football.  

Your vision is very short sighted, which makes me question what kind of manager/leader you are in the "office."

3 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

What kinda douchebaggery is this?

Pathetic.

I actually see his side.

The optimal league setting is to either not have vetos, commissioner only vetos only in the case of collusion, or have league vote vetos with rules stating you can only veto if you suspect foul play.

However, under this system there are no rules in place regarding vetos and thus I get if someone wants to wield their vote in the way they think is most advantageous to their team.  

Would i I do it? No. Would I want someone in my league who does it? No. But I don’t really blame someone for taking advantage of the rules (or lack thereof).

• Like 2

You're fired!

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I actually see his side.

The optimal league setting is to either not have vetos, commissioner only vetos only in the case of collusion, or have league vote vetos with rules stating you can only veto if you suspect foul play.

However, under this system there are no rules in place regarding vetos and thus I get if someone wants to wield their vote in the way they think is most advantageous to their team.  

Would i I do it? No. Would I want someone in my league who does it? No. But I don’t really blame someone for taking advantage of the rules (or lack thereof).

I think the "rules" for this fall under common courtesy... If you really really want to win, then put in a lot of time researching players before the draft, wake up at 4AM to add players from the waiver, religiously watch the games to make better judgement calls on match-ups during the season.  Don't meddle in a perfectly fair trade between two other teams just because "I'm playing to win"  

Both of these guys are taking fantasy football too seriously ,especially for a a work league, but I don't see the side the boss's side at all of "just doing what I gotta do to win"..it just sounds childish and pathetic. 

8 minutes ago, NinerLifer said:

Opponent started Gurley, Thielen, and Cousins tonight. I can’t even be mad, literally nothing you can do about that.

80.78 points from three players on a TNF game, never faced a hole like that before. 

Guy in my 2QB leaugue went up against both Goff and Cousins, his only play was Vikings D, he is down 71.98 to -3, for some reason his hole sounds worse than yours even though it's not. At least you got a full roster to throw at your opponent!! Positive thoughts..

• Thanks 1

Lesson of the day:  If you're going to vent on RW forums about your boss who also reads these forums, maybe at least change the players involved a little so it's not obvious to him.

Good gosh, what are the chances?  That annual performance review is going to be quite awkward.

Back to fantasy football... How is it that every single player in the game who stepped foot on the field score buckets of points, but not the one stupid guy *cough cough* that I happen to own?  If Dalvin Cook is trash, then my season is pretty much over.

I'm regretting not bidding higher for James Conner.

Edited by CooL

5 hours ago, Mystery83 said:

He knew the rules of the league before he joined it.  The league gets to vote on a trades.  If he doesn’t like the rule, he shouldn’t join the league.  To say he should quit for people playing by the rules tells me all I need to know about you.

You sir are an a**.  I can tell just by the way you play fantasy football that you're a s---y boss and don't deserve authority.  As a person in authority, you should hold yourself to a higher standard to set an example for those that work under you.  I would not be surprised if you ran your company into the ground.

Edited by ccimore
1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

Sitting Goff is painful to look at

I play in a 2 QB league. Cousins and Goff were both benched by their owners. Cousins I sorta get (on the road, TNF, good defense), but Goff should be starting every single week. Unless you have Mahomes and Rodgers or something. The Rams pretty clearly have the best offense in the NFL. Keep him in your starting lineup. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, NinerLifer said:

Opponent started Gurley, Thielen, and Cousins tonight. I can’t even be mad, literally nothing you can do about that.

80.78 points from three players on a TNF game, never faced a hole like that before. 

Facing Kupp, Thielen, Gurly in one league... down 90.

Facing Diggs in another, 24 out of his flex is a rough start

FML

On 19.9.2018 at 2:16 PM, thebadferret said:

Tried to pick up Darius Leonard (LB, Colts) for my bench and so I put 15$ on him and guess what? -  some1 else also put 15$ dollar on him, but it was the guy which is #2 just behind me, so he has the better waiver and he got him.

F++k you Marvin :D

He just scored 90+ points on me with his Cousins, Thielen, Gurley combo.

If Leonard scores big this week against me...:angry:

F++k you Marvin. Again.

4 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

I actually see his side.

He can't simultaneously attack someone for wanting to win too much in a casual league and do s--- like this too.

Plus, leveraging his position with his employees and flaunting his "outing" as his boss? Jesus man, if you can't handle that your employees talk s--- on you don't be active on forums/social media where your employees are.