NBC Sports Edge Forums

This offseason I packaged Westbrook to get Lee. I also packaged Allison to get Cobb.

Thought I was being clever selling on early hype to get the more established players. 

Now Lee is hurt and Cobb might be on his way out of town. It's amazing how these things always blow up in my face. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

On 8/29/2018 at 11:24 AM, ajs723 said:

This offseason I packaged Westbrook to get Lee. I also packaged Allison to get Cobb.

Thought I was being clever selling on early hype to get the more established players. 

Now Lee is hurt and Cobb might be on his way out of town. It's amazing how these things always blow up in my face. 

Thats what she said!

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Didn’t hear the news and drafted McKinnon in the 4th round

Dude.......

Draft rule NUMBER ONE:

ALWAYS.....I mean F'ing ALWAYS.........Rotoworld search your player ten seconds before you hit/say the draft button.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 8/29/2018 at 1:24 PM, ajs723 said:

Might not be so bad if Cobb ends up in Indy or Seattle.

Just finished my dynasty startup a week ago.  Lost McKinnon, Jonathan Williams gets surprisingly cut, Chris Warren III has knee surgery, Akrum Wadley gets cut. All in one day! Oh yeah 12 team 30 man rosters.  Waiver wire pickups? Yeah right....

5 hours ago, cdd10 said:

Just finished my dynasty startup a week ago.  Lost McKinnon, Jonathan Williams gets surprisingly cut, Chris Warren III has knee surgery, Akrum Wadley gets cut. All in one day! Oh yeah 12 team 30 man rosters.  Waiver wire pickups? Yeah right....

Image result for jump out window gif

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

You weren't the least bit suspicious as to why he fell to the 4th round?

After reading your post I needed to recheck the draft. I made a mistake in my original post. I drafted McKinnon in the 3rd . A leaguemate mention the news in the 4th round after I drafted Evans....I went right to this forum the top post was McKinnon and I knew I was ******. 

then went RB crazy ... Henry 5th Miller 6th Hyde 8th AJones 12th Brieda 13th

Edited by shakestreet
1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

After reading your post I needed to recheck the draft. I made a mistake in my original post. I drafted McKinnon in the 3rd . A leaguemate mention the news in the 4th round after I drafted Evans....I went right to this forum the top post was McKinnon and I knew I was ******. 

then went RB crazy ... Henry 5th Miller 6th Hyde 8th AJones 12th Brieda 13th

well..you didnt' miss out on much lol.

I'm pissed at ESPN because I just had my big money draft and they currently have Brady and Brees ranked last QBs so they got drafted REALLY late. My league is furious and now this season might get cancelled. Great job, ESPN.

I went Spider 2 Y Banana in my one draft and took 8 straight WR from 1-8 in PPR.  Obviously thin at RB and I keep getting ridiculous offers.  Crowell for Josh Gordon (even though I have Powell).  Gronk + Gordon for Gio Bernard, Burton, and Rex Burkhead.   AJ Green for Hyde because, "you really need an RB bro!"  Morris for Baldwin.  Baldwin for James White.

I think I broke my league.  :blink:

51 minutes ago, Komfy said:

I'm pissed at ESPN because I just had my big money draft and they currently have Brady and Brees ranked last QBs so they got drafted REALLY late. My league is furious and now this season might get cancelled. Great job, ESPN.

I mean, that's the fault of the drafters isn't it? 

Would they have passed Bell/Brown if the weren't at the top of the lists as well?

Bad rankings, but completely the fault of the league members.

Edited by Rosenburger18
54 minutes ago, Komfy said:

giphy.gif

.....so guys were taking Alex Smith in the 4th and 5th instead of Brady?  I'm baffled.  No one figured this out in your league and they just let them slide all the way to the 15th round?

That seems straight bizarre that everyone in your league missed that.  Were you guys asleep at the wheel?

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Sternes said:

giphy.gif

.....so guys were taking Alex Smith in the 4th and 5th instead of Brady?  I'm baffled.  No one figured this out in your league and they just let them slide all the way to the 15th round?

That seems straight bizarre that everyone in your league missed that.  Were you guys asleep at the wheel?

Right, that's kinda pathetic. You mean nobody has their own rankings. Everybody is just blindly basing everything off the ESPN ranks. It's lame that ESPN had it wrong, but somebody, if not everybody, should have noticed. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

Your league knew McKinnon was out and Breida still went in the 13th round?

Yep .. all of a sudden something clicked in me and I went looking for Matt Brieda and boom he was ranked really low in the RB rankings so I guess everybody never went down that low. So it came to my turn and picked him. One guy commented that was a good pick. 

No matter what you think the league has some really good owners who have been playing this game for awhile.

Keep it real 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

No matter what you think the league has some really good owners who have been playing this game for awhile.

Except the the guy who took McKinnon in the 3rd

• Haha 4

Last year my first few picks consisted of DJ, OBJ, Arob, and Cook. This year I’m starting out strong with the McKinnon debacle. Sorry to those of you that drafted either fournette or mccaffrey as it looks as if they’re doomed this year