NBC Sports Edge Forums

9 hours ago, Mystery83 said:

You could quit and so can Omnom.  You sound as whiny as he is.

Whiny is doing a veto because you are jealous of his trade. Veto is for unfair trades. Not trades that make his team better. That is all you are focussed on. If the guy in first makes a trade with the guy in last and it is fair for both sides you should not be able to veto just because you are also trying to win as you say. Why veto leagues suck. Now if I am him i veto any trade anyone makes no matter how fair it is.

Edited by FantasyGeek2018
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Whiny is doing a veto because you are jealous of his trade. Veto is for unfair trades. Not trades that make his team better. That is all you are focussed on. If the guy in first makes a trade with the guy in last and it is fair for both sides you should not be able to veto just because you are also trying to win as you say. Why veto leagues suck. Now if I am him i veto any trade anyone makes no matter how fair it is.

It doesn’t sound like this is a league of sharks but rather a friendly casual work league. 

Sounds like instead of simply rolling with that premise that it’s just a fun casual thing omnimon decided to pick out the one guy who probably just joined to fill out the teams and doesn’t know s--- about football and manipulate him into a lopsided trade for his garbage players.

So yea, he wants to play dirty why can’t this dude veto it. 

4 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

It doesn’t sound like this is a league of sharks but rather a friendly casual work league. 

Sounds like instead of simply rolling with that premise that it’s just a fun casual thing omnimon decided to pick out the one guy who probably just joined to fill out the teams and doesn’t know s--- about football and manipulate him into a lopsided trade for his garbage players.

So yea, he wants to play dirty why can’t this dude veto it. 

By the boss' own admission, he vetoed it because it hurt the boss' chance to win. He also posted the players involved, it wasn't lopsided.

Look, I was just having fun with Omnom.  I was just making a joke and trolling a bit online so we can laugh about it around the office.  And I honestly mean laugh WITH him.  

of course he won’t be in any work trouble.  This was just for a laugh.  He called the guy he made the trade with “very stupid.”  He called his co-workers “sheeple.”  He called me a  “corporate overlord” and a “man baby.”  He was feeling pissed off and bold and it sounded funny to announce myself.  His trade got vetoed, yes, but I’m just one vote.  Everyone had their reasons, I’m sure.  

whether our league should let people vote on trades or what the motivation of a vote should be is a separate argument that no one will really win.  My plan was always to check with the guy he is trying to trade with and see if he really wants the trade or if he felt pushed into it.  If he wants the trade, it will go through, I’m sure.  I think on the surface, it just looked like someone was being taken advantage of and people voted against that behavior. 

Any way, after I talk to Omnom, I’ll let him know that I’ll stay off this site so he can have a private place to vent.  This was meant as fun the way that guys give each other a hard time.  Regardless of the picture he painted, our team gets along really well and has a lot of good laughs.  This was just meant to be one of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I play in a 2 QB league. Cousins and Goff were both benched by their owners. Cousins I sorta get (on the road, TNF, good defense), but Goff should be starting every single week. Unless you have Mahomes and Rodgers or something. The Rams pretty clearly have the best offense in the NFL. Keep him in your starting lineup. 

I forgot to change it lol I originally benched him cause i thought gurley would get most of the points, never again

Edited by CABLE87

WRs I’ve faced the last few weeks:

Green

Ridley

Kupp

I’ll update earlier next week when I know who I’m facing so you know which WRs to play in advance

Edited by itschief33
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Sitting Goff is painful to look at

I have both played Cousins sat Goff

in the other cash league I sat Cousins and going to start Flacco

I am screwed

7 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

what does BPA stand for

Best Player Available