NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

While I'm glad for you really, these Thursday night games producing a bunch of overblown performances putting you down before the week really starts is getting really annoying.  Ebron with over 30 PPR points?  Alrighty then...

Honestly, I’m not a fan of Thursday Night Football either and I think it should be eliminated. But eh, it is what it is right now.

19 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

I can 100% attest to this.  My league mates think its crazy and I always thought I was the only one who does it.  Except I even take it a step further.  I won't look at my opponent's team or the score until all of my players are done (even after Monday night if need be).  This way, you will enjoy every game thinking that you at least have a shot to win, even if you don't.  Feverishly checking my phone after every score (or opponents score), fretting over every yard, who's going off on me on TNF before my week even starts???   no thanks.  Did that for maybe one year and never looked back.  Awesome tip from Andypro there.

20 hours ago, andypro77 said:

I'm in multiple leagues, and I used to write down my opponents players on an index card so I'd know who to root against. But it became so hard to figure out if I wanted my guy to score or not since my opponent in another league had him.

Here's my Pro Tip: A few years ago, I stopped writing my opponents players down or even attempting to know who they were starting. I just watch the games and root for my guys. And then, after the early games are over, I'll see how I did. Sure, sometimes it sucks after I rejoiced over my Melvin Gordon scoring 3 TDs and I then find out I was also playing against him, but it didn't ruin it for me while I was watching.

Just root for your guys and let the chips fall. More fun that way. (note: Playoffs are an exception)

I thought I was the only weirdo that does this. I never went so far as the index card thing because I play in too many leagues. But I mostly wait until Sunday or even Monday night to check my scores (other than checking for any notable DNPs of course). You are both right though, you get so much more satisfaction just concentrating on football itself than getting caught up on the rollercoaster that is FF.

• Like 1

EVERY WEEK SOMEONE I PLAY HAS THEIR BEST GAME OF THE DAMN SEASON. CONNER WEEK 1 THEN GORDON THEN HUNT THEN WATSON THEN AB. Put up over 100 every week in standard and going to be 1-4. Its a freaking joke. Butker going to hit a 50 yarder here for his best game of the season too. 

Edited by vthokie3
  • Like 1

Yeah, was keeping it close and hoping my late guys could win it for me.  70-50 I'm losing.  Go to the bathroom and come back down 95-54, BB to AB.  Get some chips and McCaff gets the TD.  Toasted, down 65 with 3 guys to go.

Can we all vent about how horrible NFL.com's redesign is? 

Like who did they design to do the UX design on this thing? I open up on my desktop, and there is hardly anything relevant above the fold, I have to actually scroll down to find stuff...