Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Last year my first few picks consisted of DJ, OBJ, Arob, and Cook. This year I’m starting out strong with the McKinnon debacle. Sorry to those of you that drafted either fournette or mccaffrey as it looks as if they’re doomed this year

 

How?  I picked 8th last year and got OBJ.  DJ went 1st in my draft.  OBJ got all the way back to the last 20's? 

 

I had bad luck with OBJ, ARob, Benjamin, Parker myself.

 

Sucks about McKinnon though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Sternes said:

 

How?  I picked 8th last year and got OBJ.  DJ went 1st in my draft.  OBJ got all the way back to the last 20's? 

 

I had bad luck with OBJ, ARob, Benjamin, Parker myself.

 

Sucks about McKinnon though!

10 teamer keeper Last year I stepped in to converted to 12 this year to start fresh. DJ was the keeper in the first round obviously, OBJ slipped to the turn due to some injury he was dealing w at the time.

 

I was less than shocked to hear a player on my roster was out for the season. I stay checking roto though especially before the season so I got Morris at least for free. Not gonna lie I was big on McKinnon this year even with all the doubt surrounding him by what seems to be a lot of people on these boards. 

Edited by itschief33
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2018 at 12:28 AM, cdd10 said:

Just finished my dynasty startup a week ago.  Lost McKinnon, Jonathan Williams gets surprisingly cut, Chris Warren III has knee surgery, Akrum Wadley gets cut. All in one day! Oh yeah 12 team 30 man rosters.  Waiver wire pickups? Yeah right....

I just did a start up as well 

 

55 man rosters, 16 teams, no wire, rookie and supp drafts every year with roster cut downs by 9/1. We play triple headers, 325 to get in, can start two qb's. and you start a whole defense of players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I just did a start up as well 

 

55 man rosters, 16 teams, no wire, rookie and supp drafts every year with roster cut downs by 9/1. We play triple headers, 325 to get in, can start two qb's. and you start a whole defense of players. 

This sounds so annoyingly convoluted. How can that be any fun?

 

I would vent and rant for somehow being tricked into joining this league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

This sounds so annoyingly convoluted. How can that be any fun?

 

I would vent and rant for somehow being tricked into joining this league. 

First year, we'll see, draft just finished 30 mins ago and we started on July something 

Link to post
Share on other sites

MFing Matt Ryan.

 

Me:  Matt Ryan, Money on Falcons +2.5

 

Enemies:  Eagles D, Falcons losing by 3 or more

 

Matt Ryan could have prevented all my frustration.  Instead he stabs me with the sharpest knife he can find.

 

Right now, I'm wondering if drafting him over Matt Stafford doomed my fantasy season.  I am 1 game into this season and already seeking out vent and rant threads.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Right now, I'm wondering if drafting him over Matt Stafford doomed my fantasy season. 

 

As a UGA and Falcons fan, both guys are guaranteed to make you pull your hair out at times, I guarantee it.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 2:02 PM, RustyMiller said:

LeVeon and McKinnon with my first 2 picks in a 16 team league.

Yahoo predicted I would go undefeated this year.

Thanks Yahoo.

Right there with you.  And now have Conner, breida, and Morris on my bench with no room for a kicker or defense for the week.  Just how I drew it up on draft day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Right now, I'm wondering if drafting him over Matt Stafford doomed my fantasy season.  I am 1 game into this season and already seeking out vent and rant threads.

 

No one should have drafted Ryan over Stafford.  Poor draft choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy has a ton of RB depth in my league, I need a RB.  He has Gordon, Collins, McCoy, Crowell, J. Williams.   Give a bunch of offers for Collins, he hates them.  I move to McCoy.  Still doesn't.  Dude is trying to talk up J. Williams and Crowell.  Won't budge.  I throw Robby Anderson at him, says those guys are each worth a guy like Allen Robinson or Baldwin.  I offer Funchess for Williams, he gets annoyed and to let him know when I'm willing to give him a real offer.

 

I look at his lineup, and he is going TWO RB this week, and starting a WR in the flex.I figured for sure he was going to use the flex to utilize his RB depth and wing it with whoever he chooses to roll the dice with Evans.  Instead, he is starting M. Evans, then Lockett and Crowder. One of those second pair he is starting over RBs he was trying to sell me on, AND McCoy.  :huh:  I even offered Robinson for McCoy and he countered with wanting AJ Green. 

 

 

Edited by Sternes
Link to post
Share on other sites

My rant has to do with last night's game along with most we will see over the next 2-3 weeks, with sloppy play.

 

The NFL has a 4 week preseason in which starting players may play a couple of quarters.  That simply isn't enough.

 

It's bad enough the league charges full price to watch preseason games with players who are not even in the league once the regular season starts.

 

What's worst is watching 2-3 weeks worth of games in September that resemble preseason slop.  Add in Thursday night games where teams only have a few days to prepare, and it's easy to conclude the NFL product is not as good as it used to be, or is substandard.

 

It's all about the money grab, and not about making the game as good as possible.

 

A couple of remedies might be eliminating preseason all together and just going with a 16-18  game regular season.  

 

Thursday night games should be two teams coming off byes.

 

Those moves would be a step in the right direction.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 11:57 AM, chud12 said:

I know this isn't the thread but I couldn't find the right one so...

 

Does any1 have any clever team names for either Tom Brady or OBJ??

 

Brady gets the best oBJs?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red Dog said:

My rant has to do with last night's game along with most we will see over the next 2-3 weeks, with sloppy play.

 

The NFL has a 4 week preseason in which starting players may play a couple of quarters.  That simply isn't enough.

 

It's bad enough the league charges full price to watch preseason games with players who are not even in the league once the regular season starts.

 

What's worst is watching 2-3 weeks worth of games in September that resemble preseason slop.  Add in Thursday night games where teams only have a few days to prepare, and it's easy to conclude the NFL product is not as good as it used to be, or is substandard.

 

It's all about the money grab, and not about making the game as good as possible.

 

A couple of remedies might be eliminating preseason all together and just going with a 16-18  game regular season.  

 

Thursday night games should be two teams coming off byes.

 

Those moves would be a step in the right direction.

 

 

 

Cut preseason to 3 weeks.  Don't bother playing starters.  Give an extra week off between season and preseason to prepare.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A general rant:  Why does Atlanta hate to run the ball so much?  If any team should know better (besides the Seahawks) it is them!  They are masters of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

 

P.S. Yes I own Freeman

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fournette. Couldn't even make it to half time. I mean, I get that he's something of an injury risk, but come on. And of course, out of 19 possible opponents this week I'm up against the guy who got Conner on the FAAB wire.

 

I'll calm down later, but dammit, my bad luck is now legendary in our league, and it's getting to the point where I might just walk away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...