NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

Baldwin and Cooper have a combined 2 targets between them heading into the final quarter of their games. These so called #1 receivers of their respective teams are getting completely ignored as the points go to no name wideouts. Completely unreal and unacceptable. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Josh GODon said:

I finally start Goff (also have Cousins) and Gurley gets all the TDs.  And I have Cooks, too.  Big L.

Unreal. Kept Luck on the bench despite a juicy matchup because I finally convinced myself Goff was a set and forget. To make matters worse, he lost 2 points on a meaningless TD to end the half.

31 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Unreal. Kept Luck on the bench despite a juicy matchup because I finally convinced myself Goff was a set and forget. To make matters worse, he lost 2 points on a meaningless TD to end the half.

Sucks.

Absolutely brutal performance by Baldwin.  I don't doubt that he'll bounce back this season, but for some of us fantasy owners, it's going to be too little too late already, with his colossal busts in weeks 1 and 5, and his injury no shows in weeks 2 & 3. Thanks for nothing you f***head.

Edited by atrium
  • Like 5

I'm dropping Amari Cooper as soon as I possibly can on Tuesday. I don't care if it's nonsensical or short-sighted or he's set to have a bazillion yards the rest of the season. I (fantasy football) hate the guy and his unpredictability and I seem to start him for his 0's and bench him for his few big games. Let him be somebody else's headache. DND for ever and ever.   :angry::angry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

This is my first 'down' year in fantasy where I feel like I'm out of fantasy playoffs before the season even really got started, and it's a brutal feeling. We spend so much time doing offseason research and getting geared up for a long run to the playoffs, that I just feel emotionally numb at how things have turned out.

The fact that it's making me this depressed is really making me question why I play this game. Make no mistake, this is not fun and I'm wondering what I'm getting out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't get people sometimes.  1) their job is to win football games, not make sure we're happy with their fantasy performances.  2) if you started a player, or drafted a player.  YOU made the choice.  So if you're mad at anyone, be mad at yourself for making that choice and learn from it.  Don't blame player X for not playing well or analyst Y for hyping up that player.  That's all :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, dams513 said:

I don't get people sometimes.  1) their job is to win football games, not make sure we're happy with their fantasy performances.  2) if you started a player, or drafted a player.  YOU made the choice.  So if you're mad at anyone, be mad at yourself for making that choice and learn from it.  Don't blame player X for not playing well or analyst Y for hyping up that player.  That's all :ph34r:

it's the vent/rant forum. this space is not for being logical. It's for coming in here and venting and ranting about how your fantasy football players have not played up to your expectations. I'm not sure why you'd come in to the vent/rant forum and say "man--why's everybody doin' all this ventin' and rantin' in this forum?" I don't get people sometimes. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

it's the vent/rant forum. this space is not for being logical. It's for coming in here and venting and ranting about how your fantasy football players have not played up to your expectations. I'm not sure why you'd come in to the vent/rant forum and say "man--why's everybody doin' all this ventin' and rantin' in this forum?" I don't get people sometimes. 

Not to mention most of us who 'hate' a player after a dud performance, hate them for about 24 hours before we cool off and go on with our lives and realize that there are more important things in life than fantasy.

Why some people on here are so intent on making us accountable for our roster management decisions is beyond me. Some people just like playing the moral police, it's pretty pathetic

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Yea, I get venting and ranting.  I don't get people feeling entitled to being right all the time and blaming others when they're not right, that's all.  

14 minutes ago, atrium said:

Not to mention most of us who 'hate' a player after a dud performance, hate them for about 24 hours before we cool off and go on with our lives and realize that there are more important things in life than fantasy.

Why some people on here are so intent on making us accountable for our roster management decisions is beyond me. Some people just like playing the moral police, it's pretty pathetic

Pathetic in which way? I get what your saying, but I just reminded people of the exact logic you're talking about they remember 24 hours later when they cool off, no need to get butt hurt my guy.

One team my WR are Cooper & Cooks ... I lost 

37 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I'm dropping Amari Cooper as soon as I possibly can on Tuesday. I don't care if it's nonsensical or short-sighted or he's set to have a bazillion yards the rest of the season. I (fantasy football) hate the guy and his unpredictability and I seem to start him for his 0's and bench him for his few big games. Let him be somebody else's headache. DND for ever and ever.   :angry::angry:

Cooper has been alternating good/bad weeks. Next week will be good if he keeps the trend going. 

As a single guy , I often wonder how fantasy would impact me if I was married. Anyone here married with kids?

I've heard stories of married men, being so wrapped up in fantasy with their money leagues, that one guy said he "would be grumpy and distant from his wife and kids, yell violently at them and be agitated around them" ... and when he won the week he would "be twirling and dancing with the kids in my living room" 

^ Could any of you guys imagine being this polar opposite? I could totally picture it if i was married with kids. Thankfully i am not :lol:

Edited by dannyz6969
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, dams513 said:

Pathetic in which way? I get what your saying, but I just reminded people of the exact logic you're talking about they remember 24 hours later when they cool off, no need to get butt hurt my guy.

I'm saying it's better to let people vent freely without lecturing them about something they're probably already aware of. It just makes you look a little holier than thou, not to mention beating a guy while he's down. And unless you're tweeting the athlete directly to hate on him, you're not really harming anyone by calling a player a 'bum' or a 'scrub' on an internet forum that that athlete will never glance at. I'm not saying it's rational, but it's understandable, and the people who want to police the behavior seem to be doing it more for themselves, and to feel better about themselves, than some altruistic attempt to spare the athlete's feelings

• Like 1

This is my team this week, in a 20-teamer:

QB Tannehill

RB David Johnson

WR Antonio Brown

WR Chester Rogers (bye week cover)

TE George Kittle

FLEX TJ Yeldon

IDP Terrell Suggs

D/ST Titans

K Cairo Santos

Pretty good for a 20-teamer, yes? I scored 115.6pts. Average score so far this week is 85.6pts.

I'm about to lose my fifth game in a row. I must be the best ever team in a 20-team league to go 0-5.

3 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

As a single guy , I often wonder how fantasy would impact me if I was married. Anyone here married with kids?

I've heard stories of married men, being so wrapped up in fantasy with their money leagues, that one guy said he "would be grumpy and distant from his wife and kids, yell violently at them and be agitated around them" ... and when he won the week he would "be twirling and dancing with the kids in my living room" 

^ Could any of you guys imagine being this polar opposite? I could totally picture it if i was married with kids. Thankfully i am not :lol:

I'm married with kids. That's one reason why I don't play money leagues :lol:. I'm also a Browns fan, and 0-5 in my 20-teamer as illustrated above. You have to keep those emotions bottled up. That's one advantage of generally finding out how you did late on Sunday night - the kids have just gone to bed so I don't accidentally inflict my depression on them. I no longer have a dog to kick either, so this is why I am in this thread... 

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, atrium said:

I'm saying it's better to let people vent freely without lecturing them about something they're probably already aware of. It just makes you look a little holier than thou, not to mention beating a guy while he's down. And unless you're tweeting the athlete directly to hate on him, you're not really harming anyone by calling a player a 'bum' or a 'scrub' on an internet forum that that athlete will never glance at. I'm not saying it's rational, but it's understandable, and the people who want to police the behavior seem to be doing it more for themselves, and to feel better about themselves, than some altruistic attempt to spare the athlete's feelings

Wait no dude, I'm not telling people not to vent and such.  There were literally just 2 or 3 posts I saw that were just idiotic because people thought they were owed wins and how dare the player not play up to my expectations etc etc.  Thats all I mean, I'm not painting all these statements with a broad brush, I probably should have led with that tbh.