NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dams513 said:

I don't get people sometimes.  1) their job is to win football games, not make sure we're happy with their fantasy performances.  2) if you started a player, or drafted a player.  YOU made the choice.  So if you're mad at anyone, be mad at yourself for making that choice and learn from it.  Don't blame player X for not playing well or analyst Y for hyping up that player.  That's all :ph34r:

Have you forgotten? This is rotoworld. The home for falling for hype, holding on to hype against poor outlook and blaming everyone else about the poor fantasy performance. Might as well enjoy the show lol

• Like 1

Two guys rotting on my bench, Amari Cooper and Doug Baldwin. I'll probably play Cooper for the fun of it just because it is an even week game coming up. Two wasted draft picks. I really don't even know how I am 4-1 at this point. If you add Fournette to the list of top picks not performing it is just bad.

After the draft and very early season trade for Hunt, my team (.5 PPR - 2 Flex/No mandatory TE spots): Rivers, Diggs, Woods, DJ, CMC, Hunt, Miller, streaming K, Bears DST

Wentz, Ridley, Mike Williams, Allison, Breida, Ekeler

Record moving to 2-3 after week 5. Four out of five weeks having 140+ dropped against me. Sometimes there is just nothing you can do except hope for better days ahead. Still super frustrating 

Have Cooks vs Kupp, 0 points for Cook and injury while Kupp goes out only after getting 20+ points, I have Crosby who since he made 1 fg he put me back to 0 for a kicker and after all that I make a miracle comeback to win with Hopkins vs his Watson to only find out I lose because of a stat correction of a game way earlier in the day. WTF

What did I deserve to be a Cooper, Baldwin, and Drake owner?  Every time I start Cooper or Drake, I get 1 point, and when I bench them, of course they score...And Baldwin? I don't even want to comment on him. I thought getting him in the 4th was a steal....

I've completely come around to the position that we should eliminate kickers and defenses from fantasy.

Many have already explained the reasons why kickers should be gone, but defenses are just as bad. It's completely unpredictable, and the points don't reward good play, they reward fluke plays. Defense forces a quick e and out. No points for that. Goal line stand, no points for that. Blow up a running back in the backfield, nothing. Ball gets batted in the air for an easy pick 6, 8 points. 

I played the Niner defense yesterday. I get nothing even though they played great. They forced 8 punts. Rosen went 10/25 for 170 yards, and they held DJ to 3 yards per carry. But, they didn't get any turnovers and only one sack. They gave up one long fluke TD, the Cards scored a defensive TD, and the defense set up two other short TDs. 

TLDR: Fantasy needs to ditch kickers and defenses. 

• Like 1

Last week lost by 1 pt, with OJ Howard going out with an injury in the 2nd Q and getting 0 points.  This week I'm only up 7 with Watson still to go vs Alex Smith and Chris Thompson...Cooks goes out in the 2nd Q with 0 points.  Going to put up over 120 two weeks in a row and lose...this game sucks.

one of my teams will go to 1-4.  Thanks cook and fournette.  Not to mention, game script was awful for aaron jones, breida gets hurt again, Ryan only got me 16 etc etc. 

Never want to get the 11th out of 12th pick again. 

Left D. Adams on the bench and started Edelman Thursday because I didn't know if Adams would play ugh!!!! When knowing too much screws you over. Even worse i have Ingram in the flex and could have swapped Adams in but didn't. If I did I would have won! Of course I'm facing the top scorer of the week this week when I had to make the right choice

I need 21 points from Ingram tonight and have little faith he'll gets it. Oh and f--- Odell for throwing that td, Fml

Edited by Eazail
37 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

one of my teams will go to 1-4.  Thanks cook and fournette.  Not to mention, game script was awful for aaron jones, breida gets hurt again, Ryan only got me 16 etc etc. 

Never want to get the 11th out of 12th pick again. 

What other players were available when you picked 11th?

I have ? leagues ... both lost. 

The facts 

1. I am down .57 nobody left opponent has Jordan Reed. He took Reed out of starting lineup. I need a stat correction.  

2. Undefeated 4-0. No way will Wil Lutz score 28.41 pts so I can chalked this week as a lost. What hurts I am playing the last place (1-3) team. Last week his team scored 67.56 pts ... 

19 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I have ? leagues ... both lost. 

The facts 

1. I am down .57 nobody left opponent has Jordan Reed. He took Reed out of starting lineup. I need a stat correction.  

2. Undefeated 4-0. No way will Wil Lutz score 28.41 pts so I can chalked this week as a lost. What hurts I am playing the last place (1-3) team. Last week his team scored 67.56 pts ... 

I'm with ya in losing to the damn last place..I ALWAYS end up losing these "trap games" so to speak..i have scored almost 100 more pts than him but this week..i need a 55 pt miracle from Kamara/Michael Thomas/Alex Smith (1/2 pt ppr. .5 pt per td..yahoo actually has me favored to win..but yahoo projections mean jack to me). The frustrating thing is...it wasnt one of those matchups where his guys went off..he has two zeroes (he plays brandon marshall lol and ONLY played tyler lockett bc GINN WAS RULED OUT then he had a concussed Cooks) and Ajayi had 1.9..but thats how BAD my team was this week. Vance McDonald and Baldwin killed me and T.Y. Hilton being hurt didn't help matters. More than half my opponents points came from the Luck/Ebron stack. Just frustrarting losing what was supposed to be a "gimmie win".

I drafted BOTH Marquise Goodwin and Robby Anderson over Cooper Kupp (and Anderson only because I typed "Cupp" into the search function when trying to draft him, and that name obviously didn't come up as still undrafted because that player doesn't exist).  I'm an idiot.