NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

3 hours ago, thebadferret said:

I got Diggs, Davis, Lockett, Stills and Crabtree and I am scared what to do with them. Should I try to get two of them traded for one top receiver in order to not have to make a decision every week or should I try and play the best matchup every week?

Diggs is the only reliable option in that group. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Diggs is the only reliable option in that group. 

I know, that's why I'm looking for some possible trades which award me with another solid option.

Fortunetly this week all of them produces (some better, some worse), but having a 26pt stills on the bench never feels nice.

4 hours ago, thebadferret said:

I got Diggs, Davis, Lockett, Stills and Crabtree and I am scared what to do with them. Should I try to get two of them traded for one top receiver in order to not have to make a decision every week or should I try and play the best matchup every week?

You must’ve went RB heavy or took a QB early.  Not gonna be able to win with that group. Try to trade Stills while he is hot. Package him with someone else. 

Just now, Conscious Pilot said:

You must’ve went RB heavy or took a QB early.  Not gonna be able to win with that group. Try to trade Stills while he is hot. Package him with someone else. 

I put my team in my sig, but yeah. I went Zeke, mixon, diggs, crabtree, davis, johnson. It's a 16 team league so I'm pretty happy with my team overall.

My first week didn't go as I planned either.

5 hours ago, Blu Exile said:

I've literally never been so wrong about anything in my life. Every draft pick I made was horrible or got injured. Every start or sit choice I made was incorrect. I have Fournette (injured) Hogan, Goodwin (injured), Burton, etc. I left Randall Cobb on my bench. My entire starting roster minus my quarterback scored a total of like 30 points. This was the worst fantasy day I've ever had. I put the most research in I ever have this offseason too, waste of time and energy. Never again. Unless of course I rise from the grave and win it all, but that seems like a distant dream right now. Everybody is my league scored like 150-200 and my team is going to score like 40.

I will add Doug Baldwin & Jimmy Graham

After watching all the game-1's, the simple truth about the Top-10 RB's is this: (whether you want to hear it or not).

Those listed in BOLD are likely venting right now.

1. Todd Gurley - Obviously hasn't played yet but should be legit as usual.

2. Le'Veon Bell - Smoking crack, likely out for at least the first 4 games. 

3. David Johnson - Plays on a BADDDDDDD offense. Wouldn't surprise me to see him bust, and his weekly performances will be solely based upon whether he scores.

4. Ezekiel Elliott - Plays on a BADDDDD offense. DAL sucks. Let's be honest. Teams are going to try and stop Zeke. And only Zeke.

5. Saquon Barkley - Should be great against weaker teams, will likely struggle at times against good run defenses. But STUD looking for sure.

6. Alvin Kamara - STUD. I've never seen such a patient and smart runner in my life. Fantasy gold all-season, even when Ingram comes back.

7. Melvin Gordon - Looking like a stud, and if he continues getting 8 targets a game, he will be a Top-5 RB by season's end.

8. Leonard Fournette - Great runner, but can he stay healthy? Definitely not reassuring after leaving at halftime with a hamstring injury.

9. Kareem Hunt - Will have good games. Will have extremely bad ones, like yesterday. Looks like he could be a weekly headache to own and guess on.

10. Christian McCaffrey - Seems like a sure-fire bet for 10-14 fantasy PPR points a week, but plays in one of the weirdest NFL offenses ever.

• Like 2

Owned Drew Brees last season. While he didn't have a bad season, his FF season was meh. I avoided him in my $ league and of course, I lose to him in week 1 because of the game he put up. Where was this for me last season?

Detroit K lost me a game today (could not make 10 pts)

Detroit DEF lost me another.

Crazy part is I was planning to start M Lynch but switched to P Barber.

Big Mistake.

Lynch is playing great.

Barber sucked in a high scoring game.

Got Crow'd in the first game tonight to make it close, then Brandin Cooks stuck the dagger in late 3rd quarter for me to lose by less than 2 points. At least it didn't last until the 4th quarter like I expected.

Crowell looked like LaDainian Tomlinson when he turned the corner on that long TD. Outran a corner and safety that both had angles. Couldn't believe it. 

Ugh. With Cooks catch about to lose by .5pts. Started Stafford over Rivers, Goodwin got hurt, Saints D dropped a solid -9 and Henry looks like a complete bust of a pick.

Edited by Jaw1
12 hours ago, CORTEz said:

After watching all the game-1's, the simple truth about the Top-10 RB's is this: (whether you want to hear it or not).

Those listed in BOLD are likely venting right now.

1. Todd Gurley - Obviously hasn't played yet but should be legit as usual.

2. Le'Veon Bell - Smoking crack, likely out for at least the first 4 games. 

3. David Johnson - Plays on a BADDDDDDD offense. Wouldn't surprise me to see him bust, and his weekly performances will be solely based upon whether he scores.

4. Ezekiel Elliott - Plays on a BADDDDD offense. DAL sucks. Let's be honest. Teams are going to try and stop Zeke. And only Zeke.

5. Saquon Barkley - Should be great against weaker teams, will likely struggle at times against good run defenses. But STUD looking for sure.

6. Alvin Kamara - STUD. I've never seen such a patient and smart runner in my life. Fantasy gold all-season, even when Ingram comes back.

7. Melvin Gordon - Looking like a stud, and if he continues getting 8 targets a game, he will be a Top-5 RB by season's end.

8. Leonard Fournette - Great runner, but can he stay healthy? Definitely not reassuring after leaving at halftime with a hamstring injury.

9. Kareem Hunt - Will have good games. Will have extremely bad ones, like yesterday. Looks like he could be a weekly headache to own and guess on.

10. Christian McCaffrey - Seems like a sure-fire bet for 10-14 fantasy PPR points a week, but plays in one of the weirdest NFL offenses ever.

I mean we knew Johnson and Elliott's offenses would be horrible so that shouldn't come as a surprise. You are just betting on their talent and as has been proven many times opportunity/situation trumps talent in fantasy football. They'll have some games where they'll put up big games when they literally put the team on their back but their lines will usually be underwhelming (all things considered they both had solid games and didn't hurt you this week but were saved by TDs). 

1 hour ago, lenny123 said:

drafted 3 lions players...

gob_huge_mistake_arrested_development.gi

Last year I had 3 dolphins in my starting lineup once. None were named Stills, Landry, or Drake. 

Ever since, I look at myself in the mirror everyday for a half second longer just to make sure I’m okay. 

• Haha 2