NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

My rb depth took a beating the past few weeks:

Kerryon- injured

Alex Collins- replaced then IR'ed

Hunt- waived

Josh Adams- injured on saturday

The past few weeks, there was a voice in my head telling me to cuff Hunt with Ware. With injuries on my team (including AJ Green) and only 5 bench spots with no IR, I was having a hard time finding a roster spot for Ware. My plan was to drop Humphries for Ware on Sunday once I knew AJ would really be back. I work a 12 hour graveyard shift so when the Hunt drama happened, I was fast asleep. I woke up to my friends in different leagues talking about what happened to Hunt in our group chat.

For some reason, I know its silly since its only fantasy football (fantasy is life, amrite?), I felt crush for not cuffing Hunt. On my days off, I usually have NFL Network on in the background while browsing the Rotoworld forum so I would have totally been on top of the news had it been a day off. I know I'm just making excuses but I feel its just one of those situations where everything just seems to go against you. Thanks for reading my vent and I hope you take it easy on me for not cuffing lol.

15 minutes ago, Elcapitan said:

My rb depth took a beating the past few weeks:

The past few weeks, there was a voice in my head telling me to cuff Hunt with Ware. With injuries on my team (including AJ Green) and only 5 bench spots with no IR, 

If you have a top 5 RB stud you have to handcuff him no matter what.  With that said, your situation is a little different with only 5 bench spots and no IR.  Once this season ends, I would talk to your league mates and see if a majority of them would be willing to add a bench spot or two with an IR spot (we have 7 bench spots + IR).  This would allow you to handcuff your RB1 and allow for a spot or two for a lottery ticket stash.    

4 minutes ago, chief79 said:

If you have a top 5 RB stud you have to handcuff him no matter what.  With that said, your situation is a little different with only 5 bench spots and no IR.  Once this season ends, I would talk to your league mates and see if a majority of them would be willing to add a bench spot or two with an IR spot (we have 7 bench spots + IR).  This would allow you to handcuff your RB1 and allow for a spot or two for a lottery ticket stash.    

Yeah I know. I traded for Hunt in week 8 and immediately picked up Ware. Held him for 3 weeks and had to drop because of byes and injuries. Like I said earlier, this was the week I pick him back up since byes are over. Since Hunt had a bye last week, I felt I could have waited closer to gametime this week to pick Ware up. I totally didnt see that Hunt drama coming mid week. I already asked in our group chat for at least an IR spot next year and most agreed to it but its up to commish who hasnt really said anything about it yet. 

So just a summary of what has happened to me recently all on one team:

Kerryon- injured

Alex Collins- replaced then IR'ed

Hunt- gets waived

Josh Adams- gets an injury saturday

Diggs- knee swelled up last night

AJ Green- injury then Dalton IR'ed

Hueurman- my te last week gets IR'ed

Had OJ Howard and Jimmy Graham at TE. They both got injured. Picked up Jordan Reed and Jack Doyle. Doyle to IR and Reed hurt as he always is. Picked up Njoku. He's questionable. In a position that is already hard to fill with someone consistent, this is making it increasingly difficult.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, laracco said:

Had OJ Howard and Jimmy Graham at TE. They both got injured. Picked up Jordan Reed and Jack Doyle. Doyle to IR and Reed hurt as he always is. Picked up Njoku. He's questionable. In a position that is already hard to fill with someone consistent, this is making it increasingly difficult.

If you trade for Kelce I WILL track you down.

1 minute ago, HTXMade said:

so far my kicker has more fantasy pts than my QB, both WR, both RB, and TE

Consider yourself lucky.

Must-win week for me, and I have Vinatieri. 0 points at halftime. He actually made one FG and it got taken away due to defensive penalty. Colts went for it on 4th from the 1 yard line and didnt get it. Later, the Colts went for it on 4th and 1 from the JAX 33 and didnt get it.

My opponent's kicker? 13 points at halftime.

F*king kill me.