NBC Sports Edge Forums

19 hours ago, kretan182 said:

My Commish changed my waivers weekly rolling list based on standings to a continuing rolling list....3 teams who killed it on week one picked ahead of me. Lost out on Kittle and Lindsay...

4 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

I don't care what the settings are - but they are set in stone at the time the first game of the year starts.

That league is a joke, run away from it.

That sucks.

Any and all changes should be voted on and passed BEFORE drafts.

Hope your league isnt a big money and this should be the last year you're in it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, these gifs are overused, but it works...     Me all offseason:     And then by the end of week 1:  

good god this sounds like a boring league. "Let's come up with a set of rules to restrict managers' ability to modify their teams, engage with the league, and react to changes in player availability d

Get out of here with this bull****

Posted Images

Week 1 I went against Brees, MThomas, and Tyreek Hill. Just for background info, we draft semi-early and I took Bell in the 1st, McKinnon in the 3rd, and Baldwin in the 4th. I managed to lose 163.35-156.7. I blame Prater's missed FGs, the Dougie donut, and Hogan's 2.4. Highest scoring loser of the week, of course.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:14 AM, kretan182 said:

My Commish changed my waivers weekly rolling list based on standings to a continuing rolling list....3 teams who killed it on week one picked ahead of me. Lost out on Kittle and Lindsay...

something similar happened to me before.  my league only has a few bench spots, and i streamed qb, te, def and kickers weekly, and each week i picked up the backup rb for tnf, snf and mnf in case of injuries.  Some of my league mates got upset with all my moves and in midseason they implemented an acquisition limit to 50, when i already had 20 adds under me

3 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

something similar happened to me before.  my league only has a few bench spots, and i streamed qb, te, def and kickers weekly, and each week i picked up the backup rb for tnf, snf and mnf in case of injuries.  Some of my league mates got upset with all my moves and in midseason they implemented an acquisition limit to 50, when i already had 20 adds under me

That's some bush league bull****. Rules like that shouldn't be changed midseason.

Also on an unrelated note idk why everyone doesn't switch to auction waivers. 

Edited by Machines
  • Like 1

This is one of the worst starts I’ve ever had to a fantasy season.  My top two running backs are Freeman and Collins.  They already both look like timeshare RB2/3 options.  I also started the Ravens D tonight. It’s like I angered the fantasy gods and won’t get to enjoy a single game all season.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, bendover said:

Started Ravens D, sure, but passed on Bears D on waivers because I thought I had the real deal. Think that will haunt me. 

Ditto.  And Bears D still on FA in my league for some reason.  Just don't have the roster spot for them as I stare at the Ravens negative points in my lineup.

• Thanks 1

Last night was horrible... I got so fed up I changed the channel and stopped watching the game. 

Have you ever had a football nightmare? I kept seeing Andy Dalton throwing TDs passes to AJ Green, and my Baltimore defenses couldn’t stop any Bengal player. it was bad, my bed was soaked,. 

• Like 1

One league I started Collins and Ravens D... was teetering on waiting for Sunday to play either Yeldon or if Fournette is a go then Royce.

Another league I dropped John Brown right before the game to snag a QB in case Rodgers can't go.

Bad moves all around...

1. One dude in my league drops Jack Doyle after week 1 is over to pick up Austin Eckler.
  2. Re-shuffles his line up and now his starting TE in Ben Watson.
  3. So in essence he dropped Jack Doyle to start Ben Watson.
  4. So
  5. Why am i mad about it?
  6. My opponent for this week had Greg Olsen(since dropped obviously)
  7. I drafted Ebron and while he did good he only saw half the snaps and the colts coach said that would be what he will be getting.
  8. Seems like Ebron will be a TD or bust and Luck still trusts and will throw a lot to Doyle, great for PPR which this league is.
  9. Before week 1 started someone dropped Kittle(why?) and i put up some FAAB bucks to pick him up for 2 main reasons.
  10. 1) Get a more consistent TE for my team
  11. 2) To attempt to deny this weeks opponent of a quality TE. It worked too because i out-bid him for Kittle.

But it didn't matter anyway because that joker dropped Doyle and you guessed it, my opponent this week picked him up to play vs me.

So yeah i'm pretty miffed about these goobers in my league right now.

22 hours ago, eg4190 said:

This is one of the worst starts I’ve ever had to a fantasy season.  My top two running backs are Freeman and Collins.  They already both look like timeshare RB2/3 options.  I also started the Ravens D tonight. It’s like I angered the fantasy gods and won’t get to enjoy a single game all season.

Nother victim of Ravens D checking in.  Completely soiled my team and themselves.  Was Mosely ike the backbone of that unit or what?

18 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Nother victim of Ravens D checking in.  Completely soiled my team and themselves.  Was Mosely ike the backbone of that unit or what?

What gets me is that Andy-Dalton-in-primetime just never feels like a trap game.  Thursday games often lead to weird and unpredictable outcomes, but I just didn’t see that coming at all after the Bills game. Of course Dalton picked the week I needed an easy win to light them up after 4pm.  I bet the rest of his career is all Bad Andy games on Thursday.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tjm0711 said:

Here's the guys I drafted to my team.

McKinnon

Freeman

Mixon

Hogan

Cooper 

Kelce

Fantasy is supposed to be fun. Week 2 and I can't even fill a lineup with any confidence.

Sorry to say that drafting Cooper was probably the worst thing you could've ever done.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Josh Gordon

He'll be back by week 4 the latest, i have faith.

Its better for him to miss week 2 and 3 to let the hamstring recover than risk making it worse.

Good thing too, i have to slap the taste out of my week 4 opponent's mouth he talkin mad trash about my use of my FAAB, cruisin for a bruisin.

Gordon plays vs oakland week 4 too, perfect since this jabroni is a raiders fan for some reason. Get rekt.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WOW!

Tell me how great this lineup looked going into week 1, compared to going into week 2.  Figured my WR would carry me this season.

Hopkins

Adams

Gordon

Goodwin (backup, started him week 1 for Gordon)

Already down the last two this week, can I hit on all of them and have my top 4 WR out by week 2?