• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stage 5: Acceptance

he's just more sweaty in the second pic

The real burning question is....can he top the 65 pages he had on his 2017-18 outlook thread?!

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, fantasy_focus said:

I'm trying to trade this guy. Someone offered Joe Harris + Clarkson. Is this how low he just got in the eyes of other owners? 

Anyone else getting offers? What kind of players are you getting?

I wouldn't 1 for 2 Turner..you'd be watering his value down even more. I'd be going for a player who has top 50 potential, but may not be there yet..and who gets you more than just points and 3's. I think rosterable players with C status are more valuable as they seem to be more scarce compared to other positions.

I'm just sticking with him..as I mainly need his blocks

• Like 2
13 hours ago, fantasy_focus said:

I'm trying to trade this guy. Someone offered Joe Harris + Clarkson. Is this how low he just got in the eyes of other owners? 

Anyone else getting offers? What kind of players are you getting?

I'm not trying to trade him, so I can't give any examples of offers.  He's doing enough for me to be satisfied (paired with Anthony Davis to be the only blocks production I need).

Obviously I'd love it if he could come close to fulfilling his potential, but it's a little much getting so frustrated with owning him.  I'll take his blocks and if he eventually gives me more, then great.

7/10 from the field with 3 blocks sounds good to me. Anyone that was relying on him to post monster rebounds was not paying attention. He's been extremely efficient and is delivering in the hardest category to fill. Rebounds are easy as hell to get.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

7/10 from the field with 3 blocks sounds good to me. Anyone that was relying on him to post monster rebounds was not paying attention. He's been extremely efficient and is delivering in the hardest category to fill. Rebounds are easy as hell to get.

Crazy how despite how well Turner was playing they stuck with sabonis for the entire 4th Q over turner

7 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

Crazy how despite how well Turner was playing they stuck with sabonis for the entire 4th Q over turner

same here. i just can't get it

20 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

It's not that people were expecting monster rebounds, but most people burned a 4th round pick for Turner.  He needs to do more to warrant such a high draft spot.  Not getting rebounds from one of you centers hurts, unless he is your 3rd or 4th center and if that was the case, you could have just drafted Lopez much cheaper.

1 minute ago, BrowKnees said:

If you drafted Turner you wanted Blocks and solid efficiency particularly from the line. You are getting that and probably better efficiency then expected in FG%. The Cavs stood no chance in that game.

8 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

It's not that people were expecting monster rebounds, but most people burned a 4th round pick for Turner.  He needs to do more to warrant such a high draft spot.  Not getting rebounds from one of you centers hurts, unless he is your 3rd or 4th center and if that was the case, you could have just drafted Lopez much cheaper.

There was nothing to suggest he'd be a good rebounder. His boards rate has sucked every single season. 2 blocks and great FT% however is impossible to find. If you drafted Turner you should have known this. I'm estatic with his production.

• Like 1

I mean you draft a guy who isn't a good rebounder and complain about his rebounds. I think many here were expecting a leap which is fine but he's certainly doing what he does. If you feel burned it's because you burned yourself. You needed across the board rebounding if you drafted him then just as you do now.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

There was nothing to suggest he'd be a good rebounder. His boards rate has sucked every single season. 2 blocks and great FT% however is impossible to find. If you drafted Turner you should have known this. I'm estatic with his production.

When did you draft him?  

3 hours ago, Ruspin Ruxin said:

When did you draft him?  

In the 4th round I believe. There was some he went higher and I even saw him go a bit later than that. He was kind of of a guy people were pouncing on or laying off of completely after the disappointing season last year. I wasn't expecting big rebounds though. Elite shot blockers are hard to come by.  Especially ones who can shoot 80% from the foul line.  

12 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

In the 4th round I believe. There was some he went higher and I even saw him go a bit later than that. He was kind of of a guy people were pouncing on or laying off of completely after the disappointing season last year. I wasn't expecting big rebounds though. Elite shot blockers are hard to come by.  Especially ones who can shoot 80% from the foul line.  

I didn’t do any drafts this year but I figured he was going top 50s because there was a lot of hype and just a couple years ago he looked like a future superstar. 

He is a bad rebounder and most people should have known that but I think a lot of people were expecting him to have a bigger role on offense. So far he probably has not been worth the draft pick in most leagues.  Obviously it’s still early though so hopefully as the season goes on he will be more involved on offense. 

On 10/26/2018 at 4:18 AM, LuN said:

I wouldn't 1 for 2 Turner..you'd be watering his value down even more. I'd be going for a player who has top 50 potential, but may not be there yet..and who gets you more than just points and 3's. I think rosterable players with C status are more valuable as they seem to be more scarce compared to other positions.

I'm just sticking with him..as I mainly need his blocks

Man I been trying to trade for this guy, and legit been scratching my head on what to offer, his value is odd this year so trying to gauge value. 

You basically described Gordon Hayward on my team :huh:...would you Turner owners take Haydward? 

14 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Rebounders are literally the easiest thing in fantasy basketball to find. That and 3s.

Maybe.. but those easy sources of boards usually destroy you in other categories. Turners rebounding is a problem fantasy wise as it really brings down his value.

15 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Maybe.. but those easy sources of boards usually destroy you in other categories. Turners rebounding is a problem fantasy wise as it really brings down his value.

Real talk, the only reason i havent ousted him yet is because his blocks and percentages are gold

5 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Not really. It doesn't change his value at all. He isn't a particularly good rebounder as every single person who drafted him should have expected. I don't understand what is so difficult to understand here. He'll average 6 or 7 probably. It's not hard to arrange around that. I think it really comes back to people assuming he'd be a better rebounder just because he's a higher drafted big. He's doing what you drafted him for and if you don't think he is then you have probably never seen Myles Turner play basketball.

16 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Not really. It doesn't change his value at all. He isn't a particularly good rebounder as every single person who drafted him should have expected. I don't understand what is so difficult to understand here. He'll average 6 or 7 probably. It's not hard to arrange around that. I think it really comes back to people assuming he'd be a better rebounder just because he's a higher drafted big. He's doing what you drafted him for and if you don't think he is then you have probably never seen Myles Turner play basketball.

Im talking about his rebounding being lower than the expected 6 or 7. Right now hes not even averaging 6 and that was what I was eluding to. I know Turner can’t rebound and I mentioned that in this thread before the season started.

I dont even own him lol, put this guy on my DND a long time ago and thats because I watched him play alot and saw that this guy really isnt that good.

Edited by FantasyBallFan
1 hour ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Im talking about his rebounding being lower than the expected 6 or 7. Right now hes not even averaging 6 and that was what I was eluding to. I know Turner can’t rebound and I mentioned that in this thread before the season started.

I dont even own him lol, put this guy on my DND a long time ago and thats because I watched him play alot and saw that this guy really isnt that good.

He's shooting 53% from the field and 91% from the line with 2 blocks a game. If you want to haggle over 5.2 rebounds instead of 6 or 7 be my guest. Before the last game he was at 6 rebounds. After the next he may be back there. He's doing exactly what he was drafted to do. One of these times someone will get it. Jesus. I'm not sure what you are even getting at. He's a great shot blocker who chips in across the board without wrecking your percentages. He just isn't a great rebounder. Easy fix.

1 hour ago, FantasyBallFan said:

DND? Seems pretty dumb considering Turner still returns very nice value.