NBC Sports Edge Forums

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, PizzaBeerFF said:

I was wondering where this thread went. Hopefully some of you got rewarded, like I did, today for sticking with Wagner. He got me 37.8 points. This is the highest I think I've seen for an IDP. 

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

That was unreal. Dude has now gone over 100 tackle opps without missing one...

Yep, dude is on fire. He got me 39 points last week. My IDP guys are looking good ROS.

Wagner

D. Lawrence

J. Johnson III

Deion Jones ------ added this morning as a FA :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the list is missing Tremaine Edmunds, who will probably receive more work than any other rookie LB. He's quick, strong, and talented and will be on the field all day long...

Darius Leonard...    

For the scoring system, it is as follows: ATK Assisted Tackles (ID only) .5 points BFB Blocked Field Goals (ID/ST/DST) 2 points

Posted Images

I've got a tough one this week with everything at stake.

Either ride with Pats D/ST @ MIA and play Van Noy or D McCourty at IDP (both have been meh)

OR

Plug in ATL D/ST @ GB and go with a fresh (and apparently dominant) Deion Jones

With our league you have to play the an IDP from whatever your starting D/ST is that week. D/ST scoring is wildly unpredictable so it's often safer to have a proven IDP. Just hard to say with Jones, as BAL just runs so much and GB does not. No clue if I should chase those tackle numbers? Ugh

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Either ride with Pats D/ST @ MIA and play Van Noy or D McCourty at IDP (both have been meh)

OR

With our league you have to play the an IDP from whatever your starting D/ST is that week. D/ST scoring is wildly unpredictable so it's often safer to have a proven IDP. Just hard to say with Jones, as BAL just runs so much and GB does not. No clue if I should chase those tackle numbers? Ugh

Man that's a tough one. I'd personally go with ATL b/c of Jones. He had 15 tackles and a pick last week (good enough for 20 IDP points). His production should be able to offset ATL DST team points. MIA has a history of playing NE tough even though the matchup on paper is nice.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

Man that's a tough one. I'd personally go with ATL b/c of Jones. He had 15 tackles and a pick last week (good enough for 20 IDP points). His production should be able to offset ATL DST team points. MIA has a history of playing NE tough even though the matchup on paper is nice.

Yeah I am leaning that way. Just so weird with the pack coming off firing MM...and how they will show up for this game?

Very true about Phins and Pats, esp when the Pats go to MIA.

How much do people value talent over match up in regards to IDP? I picked up Deion Jones but he's facing the Packers who have given up the least amount of points to LBs. They also have the highest % of pass plays that have gone outside of the numbers, so maybe the coaching change will have them working the middle of the field a bit more? I love Jones' talent, but I could play guys like Woodyard (v JAX)/Hitchens (v BAL)/Ogletree (v WAS)(no Collins=more tackle opportunities) against run-heavy teams (but.. Woodyard 72% of snaps Hitchens 79% last week).

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Olliemets said:

How much do people value talent over match up in regards to IDP? I picked up Deion Jones but he's facing the Packers who have given up the least amount of points to LBs. They also have the highest % of pass plays that have gone outside of the numbers, so maybe the coaching change will have them working the middle of the field a bit more? I love Jones' talent, but I could play guys like Woodyard (v JAX)/Hitchens (v BAL)/Ogletree (v WAS)(no Collins=more tackle opportunities) against run-heavy teams (but.. Woodyard 72% of snaps Hitchens 79% last week).

Thoughts?

Good post. I for one don't have a lot of experience playing IDP (this was my first year). And I don't have a straight answer. Example, last week I added Akiem Hicks to play the matchup vs. the Giants. It worked out for me. Another example, I almost benched Demarcus Lawrence vs. NO last week but didn't. He ended up with only 3 tackles but did have a sack, FF and FR called back due to penalty. However, when it pertains to the elite IDP players (Deion Jones is in that conversation), I view them as a set and forget for the most part. I could certainly see why you would start Woodyard, Hitchens, Alec over D. Jones this week. All are solid options. Jones is tier 1 though and hard to sit. Dude had 15 tackles last week.

3 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Thoughts?

All those guys are really strong plays based on the match-up compared to Jones.

The real wildcard here is that Philbin is calling the plays (for the first time in 20 yrs too)...will Rodgers run his calls too? You'd think he'd change it up more and really give Aaron Jones significant run, but maybe he wants to ingratiate himself to Rodgers and dials up passes galore? Deion did not even play a full compliment of snaps last week either. Not that it matters, but it is gonna be freezing in GB this weekend too...

On 11/30/2018 at 10:59 PM, Hero202 said:

Roquan Smith or Avery Williamson?

Both have been hot lately, but Williamson plays the Titans this week, who I feel like it's a better bet to run the ball more often.

Speaking of that, how do you guys determine which LBs have better matchups?  Do you want your LB going against teams who run more often?  I'm a newbie to IDP stuff and would appreciate some feedback on matchup selection.

Williamson unless you're in a league with a lot of points for sacks. 

On 12/5/2018 at 9:36 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

OR

This one is still banging around my dome. Pats play historically poor down in MIA...but that could help Van Noy with tackle numbers?

GB lets up the least points against v LBs, so it really lowers the Jones ceiling today...plus Philbin is coaching to please Rodgers

Ugh

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

This one is still banging around my dome. Pats play historically poor down in MIA...but that could help Van Noy with tackle numbers?

GB lets up the least points against v LBs, so it really lowers the Jones ceiling today...plus Philbin is coaching to please Rodgers

Ugh

Really tough call, but I’d go NE.

GB offense > MIA offense 

but Deion Jones is elite and tough to sit on any week. If it were my team, I’d go NE.

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Ugh

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Ugh

Ugh. Ugly. Who’d you end up going with?

1 hour ago, jtbgator said:

Ugh. Ugly. Who’d you end up going with?

Yeah it was. I ended up sticking with Pats and plugged in D McCourty...was not a banner day but 5 sacks from the D and 5 solo from McCourty will play-

Deion Jones (for those not watching) dropped a sure pick 6 early in the game and dropped another pick later...and GB (true to form) simply didn't generate enough tackle opps...he looks pretty good though and def playing him next week at home v ARZ

2 hours ago, matthewpullman93 said:

Kuechly vs New Orleans or Deion Jones vs Arizona?

Go matchup here. Jones should be solid. This is the reason I added Jones weeks ago. NO doesn’t allow a lot vs LBs.

• Thanks 1
On 12/5/2018 at 5:03 PM, Olliemets said:

How much do people value talent over match up in regards to IDP?

for me, it depends on position. for LBs i go talent, for DL i go snap count. for DBs, some of the best DBs / Safeties are avoided by QBs, so a top "shutdown" talent can have a low-scoring game.

that said, been playing matt milano all year and he's really risen to each challenge. it's possible that his talent has increased simply because of the wealth of experience he's gained this year, as well as solid coaching. and starting this week he's on I.R.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@ST. STEVEN @jtbgator any insight as to why olivier vernon has been so poor this year? other than the last two games, chicago and washington, vernon has been non-existent. is it because the giants switched him from DL to LB?  and, just as relevant, can he be relied on this playoff week vs the titans?

6 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

for me, it depends on position. for LBs i go talent, for DL i go snap count. for DBs, some of the best DBs / Safeties are avoided by QBs, so a top "shutdown" talent can have a low-scoring game.

that said, been playing matt milano all year and he's really risen to each challenge. it's possible that his talent has increased simply because of the wealth of experience he's gained this year, as well as solid coaching. and starting this week he's on I.R.

@ST. STEVEN @jtbgator any insight as to why olivier vernon has been so poor this year? other than the last two games, chicago and washington, vernon has been non-existent. is it because the giants switched him from DL to LB?  and, just as relevant, can he be relied on this playoff week vs the titans?

IDP choices are hard unless you have the elite players, which you start and forget each week obviously. I tend to value talent more than matchup. Anything can happen in the NFL and I tend to stick with the guys who produce. There are times where matchup plays more of a crucial role vs. talent. NYG comes to mind. Example, I added Akiem Hicks week 13 vs. NYG and he came through with 6 tackles and a sack and a rushing TD (LOL!). On the other hand, I went talent with Deion Jones vs. GB last week (elite talent, poor matchup) and he only produced 6 tackles. He did drop an easy pick 6 however. Not sure I answered your question since I gave 2 examples. But in the end, talent over matchup for me....mostly.

I don't follow Vernon but he did have 4 tackles and 1.5 sacks last week vs. Washington. He now has 3.5 sacks across his previous 2 games. He missed the first 5 weeks of the season with an ankle injury. Not aware of his move from DL to LB. With Collins on IR, I think both Ogletree and Vernon are solid starts and I do like the TEN matchup this week.

Worth noting IDP points allowed by position here:

http://www.idpguru.com/2018/09/2018-idp-points-allowed-by-position.html

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

Yeah, echoing what Gator said, he's been coming on. He missed a bunch of time with a high ankle sprain and I fully believe he rushed back and played way less than 100% for quite awhile...and on limited snap counts. Titans line has been injured and mostly a disappointing unit. But they run blocked (obv) well last week. Still, I'd be confident that Vernon will get after the QB this week.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic