Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Keepers - Pick 4


Recommended Posts

2 teams, 17 roster spots (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, D, 8 bench spots), .5 PPR

 

Keeper rules:  keep up to four players.  Cost is one draft round higher than their draft round the year prior.  You can keep a player indefinitely, i.e. through when they are worth a first-round pick.  So if you can snag quality players as your 17th round pick, for example, there's a huge advantage.  No position limitations on keeping players.

 

My realistic options are as follows, with their 2018 round value:

 

Cooper Kupp (9th round)
Marlon Mack (9)
Devonta Freeman (12)
Hunter Henry (16) (RIP)
Juju Smith-Schuster (17)
Jared Goff (17)
Cam Meredith (17)
Mack Hollins (17)
Kenneth Dixon (17)
Joe Williams/Matt Brieda/Jeremy McNichols (17/13/17)

 

My plan is to go with Kupp, Freeman, and Smith-Schuster as definites.  I'm looking at Goff/Meredith/Mack for the final spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, rschroeder1 said:

2 teams, 17 roster spots (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, D, 8 bench spots), .5 PPR

 

Keeper rules:  keep up to four players.  Cost is one draft round higher than their draft round the year prior.  You can keep a player indefinitely, i.e. through when they are worth a first-round pick.  So if you can snag quality players as your 17th round pick, for example, there's a huge advantage.  No position limitations on keeping players.

 

My realistic options are as follows, with their 2018 round value:

 

Cooper Kupp (9th round)
Marlon Mack (9)
Devonta Freeman (12)
Hunter Henry (16) (RIP)
Juju Smith-Schuster (17)
Jared Goff (17)
Cam Meredith (17)
Mack Hollins (17)
Kenneth Dixon (17)
Joe Williams/Matt Brieda/Jeremy McNichols (17/13/17)

 

My plan is to go with Kupp, Freeman, and Smith-Schuster as definites.  I'm looking at Goff/Meredith/Mack for the final spot.

Your title says 2 teams.   Is that supposed to be 12?

Honestly, none of others jump out as must keep guys.    I'd seriously consider holding on to Henry for next year.  

With the deep rosters, someone will probably take him if you don't.

 

If not, I'd probably take the shot at Dixon who could earn the #1 spot in Baltimore.   Or at least a substantial amount of carries.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goff, Juju, Freeman and either Kupp or Mack. All of those are steals; Meredith is an option too.

 

You end up basically with the same list, so I agree :) it's mostly a matter of taste who you end up with - given that mid-round WRs seem harder to come by this year I would rather have the extra WR here, so my choice is Goff/Kupp/Freeman/Juju I think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Your title says 2 teams.   Is that supposed to be 12?

Honestly, none of others jump out as must keep guys.    I'd seriously consider holding on to Henry for next year.  

With the deep rosters, someone will probably take him if you don't.

 

If not, I'd probably take the shot at Dixon who could earn the #1 spot in Baltimore.   Or at least a substantial amount of carries.

 

 

 

Yes, 12, not 2.  For some reason I can't edit the original post.  Thanks for your input.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rschroeder1 said:

2 teams, 17 roster spots (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, D, 8 bench spots), .5 PPR

 

Keeper rules:  keep up to four players.  Cost is one draft round higher than their draft round the year prior.  You can keep a player indefinitely, i.e. through when they are worth a first-round pick.  So if you can snag quality players as your 17th round pick, for example, there's a huge advantage.  No position limitations on keeping players.

 

My realistic options are as follows, with their 2018 round value:

 

Cooper Kupp (9th round)
Marlon Mack (9)
Devonta Freeman (12)
Hunter Henry (16) (RIP)
Juju Smith-Schuster (17)
Jared Goff (17)
Cam Meredith (17)
Mack Hollins (17)
Kenneth Dixon (17)
Joe Williams/Matt Brieda/Jeremy McNichols (17/13/17)

 

My plan is to go with Kupp, Freeman, and Smith-Schuster as definites.  I'm looking at Goff/Meredith/Mack for the final spot.

 

Mack pretty easily for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Goff, Juju, Freeman and either Kupp or Mack. All of those are steals; Meredith is an option too.

 

You end up basically with the same list, so I agree :) it's mostly a matter of taste who you end up with - given that mid-round WRs seem harder to come by this year I would rather have the extra WR here, so my choice is Goff/Kupp/Freeman/Juju I think.

 

Thanks for the input.  I'm kind of leaning away from Goff as even in a 12-team league, it's not that hard to find a good QB.  Goff was a free agency add for me last year.  I'm leaning Meredith at the moment based on upside, but I'm really tempted by Mack as well.  Mack might be the highest ceiling/highest risk, but to possibly get the RB in the Colts offense with a healthy Luck, I may not have that chance again in the future.

Edited by rschroeder1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Freeman and Juju are locks imo. I'd put Kupp in similar tier as Mack personally since they really aren't too far off their ADP although as young guys they have upside in this style keeper system so they'd probably go sooner than normal. Those are the four I'd go with. Goff and Meredith are both late picks anyway and although the value of keeping them is better their positions are very deep. Henry is a guy  I'd be heavily targeting to pick up since he will be a steal next year at 17th round price. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Freeman and Juju are locks imo. I'd put Kupp in similar tier as Mack personally since they really aren't too far off their ADP although as young guys they have upside in this style keeper system so they'd probably go sooner than normal. Those are the four I'd go with. Goff and Meredith are both late picks anyway and although the value of keeping them is better their positions are very deep. Henry is a guy  I'd be heavily targeting to pick up since he will be a steal next year at 17th round price. 

 

Thanks for the input.  So far in the history of the league (this is the fifth year) only the best players when injured have been drafted or kept.  Kelvin Benjamin after his first year and Jordy Nelson after his ACL injury.  So I think I can probably wait on Henry and scoop him up before the end of the year.  I'm willing to take that chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...