Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jarrett Allen 2018-19 Season Outlook


Stefan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Got him 8th round. Felt like I stole him. Then came here and got bummed with the negative talk around him. Can't believe someone can talk him down like that. The Atkinson Minutes Limit is absolute myth. He will play his best players big minutes. Jarrett is looking at +30 minutes with +15 points and 10 rebs, double-double every night. 2 blocks or even more and great percentages. He is going to be one of the top centers in the second tier. Monster year coming! Enjoy the ride.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i watched some of last night's game and he definitely passed the eye test. he's not just an athletic dunker. he actually is pretty smooth around the basket and I think he missed a few layups that he will make 9 times out of 10 once the early season jitters are gone. his block on blake griffin early in the game was sick and he showed no emotion at all after it which I thought was pretty cool. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

8 team league makes a little sense I guess. Still, should be owned

 

It's easy to trash leagues based on stuff like this... not criticizing the bashing, but sometimes there is context that helps explain things. However, I can't see there being 8-team leagues where Allen isn't one of the starters. Maybe it's a new or young league with managers who aren't used to digging deep in an 8-teamer. Not that Allen is a deep dive target, he was top 50 in Yahoo preranks I think, and #55 or so in my own preranks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rotojoe said:

i watched some of last night's game and he definitely passed the eye test. he's not just an athletic dunker. he actually is pretty smooth around the basket and I think he missed a few layups that he will make 9 times out of 10 once the early season jitters are gone. his block on blake griffin early in the game was sick and he showed no emotion at all after it which I thought was pretty cool. 

The no emotion comes from having done it enough at a high level that it's an expected outcome.

 

Been a locked in UT Longhorn basketball fan since 2000 (including 4 years front row at every game as a student) and despite having a bad run lately we have been CHURNING out high quality NBA big men (Turner and Bamba as well), and Jarrett carries himself really well. Happy to see him succeeding and even happier to own him this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Got him 8th round. Felt like I stole him. Then came here and got bummed with the negative talk around him. Can't believe someone can talk him down like that. The Atkinson Minutes Limit is absolute myth. He will play his best players big minutes. Jarrett is looking at +30 minutes with +15 points and 10 rebs, double-double every night. 2 blocks or even more and great percentages. He is going to be one of the top centers in the second tier. Monster year coming! Enjoy the ride.

 

There is truth towards Atkinson's minutes limit. I drafted Allen as well but the only thing that will be holding him back is Atkinson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Isaacxhan said:

Who do you guys see maintaining the most value this season: Turner or Allen? I think they have pretty similar games. Concerning to me is Sabonis for Turner and Atkinson for Allen.

Allen. Turner was sorta questionable BEFORE he got paid. Now he has even less motivation. Sabonis is just as good. Atkinson may be an obstacle, but Allen is far and away that teams best Center 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets see how he fairs against Kanter this time around. Got destroyed on the glass by Drummond last game but the minutes and production were there anyways.

 

For anyone that thinks Atkinson isn’t a serious obstacle you either never payed attention to the Nets or you’re just a delusional owner.

 

Hopefully Atkinson changes his philosphy but thats unlikely

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, hoopnking24 said:

Imagine drafting Adams over him bc you drafted DLo, and knew you'd be swooping LaVert later on. (Even after drafting Allen in literally EVERY mock). Oh well, enjoy guys.

 

Sorry about that. I actually have all three. But it’s Roto so I don’t have to worry about scheduling.

 

Adams is no slouch tho so it’s not totally bad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Isaacxhan said:

Who do you guys see maintaining the most value this season: Turner or Allen? I think they have pretty similar games. Concerning to me is Sabonis for Turner and Atkinson for Allen.

 

I wouldn't go anywhere near Turner after what we have seen so far. Sabonis seems at least as good as Turner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...