NBC Sports Edge Forums

96 Team NFL Super Leagues on ESPN - PPR - (8 separate leagues of 12 teams) / $50 / $80 / $100 / $200 Leaguesafe + Survivors / Pickems and other NHL and MLB stuff

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, gatordan said:

do you have any that waivers arent set up like this?

Move to last after claim

dont do 'rolling list' or 'last place' or 'last acquired' type free agent acquisitions - its not fair 

all of them are: 'move to last after claim'

It has been viewed has the most fair way and a bit of strategy to do it with waivers aside from going an FAAB route.

At least with the discussions i have had with participants of these super leagues at the end of the every season.

I'm interested in the Superflex league (FFB Fiends). Couple questions: How many managers do you have? What happens if all divisions aren't filled? In a superflex with 4 max QB's and bye weeks, owners can easily hoard 4 QB's and cause imbalance. Would you consider dropping to 3 max QB's? 

1 minute ago, Threepw00d said:

I'm interested in the Superflex league (FFB Fiends). Couple questions: How many managers do you have? What happens if all divisions aren't filled? In a superflex with 4 max QB's and bye weeks, owners can easily hoard 4 QB's and cause imbalance. Would you consider dropping to 3 max QB's? 

Managers are at 50 out of the total 96 right now.

That one and any of the $50, $100 and $200 ones, will roll with the best set of 12 we have.  Whether its 60, 72, 84 or a full 96 teams.

I hear ya about the QB thing. But those are the settings. I can't change it now with the other 50 people that have already signed on for it. Sometimes you can have a QB that is DTD or game time decision and you have a QB on a bye, you need some flexibility to make another pickup. Cause if that DTD guy ends up sitting, all along you never had a shot even trade for a replacment.

I run a 12 team 2 QB league,  NOT SUPERFLEX, so you have to have 2 QBs, and its a lot of fun. Puts some good value on the QBs in that one.

If someone has 4 QBs, make a trade with them, and pay what it costs, cause they likely paid a bunch in the draft or in another trade, or wasted a high waiver pick to get them.

5 minutes ago, Freezang said:

Managers are at 50 out of the total 96 right now.

That one and any of the $50, $100 and $200 ones, will roll with the best set of 12 we have.  Whether its 60, 72, 84 or a full 96 teams.

I hear ya about the QB thing. But those are the settings. I can't change it now with the other 50 people that have already signed on for it. Sometimes you can have a QB that is DTD or game time decision and you have a QB on a bye, you need some flexibility to make another pickup. Cause if that DTD guy ends up sitting, all along you never had a shot even trade for a replacment.

I run a 12 team 2 QB league,  NOT SUPERFLEX, so you have to have 2 QBs, and its a lot of fun. Puts some good value on the QBs in that one.

If someone has 4 QBs, make a trade with them, and pay what it costs, cause they likely paid a bunch in the draft or in another trade, or wasted a high waiver pick to get them.

I had a guy in a superflex just be stubborn and hoard 3 good QB's (one from waiver that was a fluke pickup) nearly all season. Rejected all trade offers and just generally annoyed everyone. Needless to say, he always chose the wrong QB most weeks and didn't make playoffs lol. 

Any chance I can be put in a division with other Los Angeles locals (if any)? Would love to hang out and watch games live too, but not sure if that's an option, considering the format. Just curious.

1 minute ago, Threepw00d said:

I had a guy in a superflex just be stubborn and hoard 3 good QB's (one from waiver that was a fluke pickup) nearly all season. Rejected all trade offers and just generally annoyed everyone. Needless to say, he always chose the wrong QB most weeks and didn't make playoffs lol. 

Any chance I can be put in a division with other Los Angeles locals (if any)? Would love to hang out and watch games live too, but not sure if that's an option, considering the format. Just curious.

I haven't really asked around where anyone has lived but i can ask that down the road and move you to a division that matches up with some of them if any at that time. In meantime we could just get you assigned a division with the draft time that suits you best, and a link to pay

And if we have to move divisions with same draft time than we can do that later.

Like you said that guy missed the playoffs, its not in anyones best interest to hoard, he should capitalized on the value and traded one

Sure. I'm just learning about this super league and how it works. It sounds awesome, but also confusing in some ways. 

Like beginning in week 12, your lineup could have 1 or 2 of the same players as your opponent from another division - that's kinda weird, but understandable. Waiver is different in some ways, like starting week 12 I can't use strategies like blocking my opponent from grabbing a good TE because he's in another division. 

"I will lock any teams eliminated from playoff matchups from making any adds or drops." - If I'm in Div A where 8 owners are eliminated from playoffs by week 13, and in Div B, only 2 owners are eliminated, then I have a big advantage over Div B owners for waiver priority. I guess that's a good handicap for me because Div B is probably super competitive.

Is there a Slack/GroupMe/Facebook group for each division?

Edited by Threepw00d

ya you are right kind of good or bad advantage depending which side of those eliminated teams you are on.

And different playoff strategy for sure. Kind of weird when you both have Aaron Rodgers and LeVeon Bell...so the rest of your team decides your matchup.

No groups for each league yet. I used to have a chatroll embed on esch ESPN home page. For each 96 team league. But ESPN has changed their code where that doesnt work anymore.

With our hockey super league (165+ teams) with the same kind of setup. And my baseball super league (120+ teams) we had whatsapp and or Facebook groups and both were pretty dead. Broken down by division and as a whole group of 96.

i have been thinking about doing one for this but scared of it being dead and failing. You are 2nd person to ask out of everyone so maybe I will give it more thought to doing and let everyone know. 

Edited by Freezang
Spots Filled     Entry $            Main Draft Time        Weekend Draft Time
96 of 96 FFB Addicts $50 Filled Filled
72 of 96 FFB Addicts #2 $50 Mon. September 3rd @ 9:30pm ET Sat. September 1st @ 1:00pm ET
59 of 96 FFB Fiends $80 Wed. September 5th @ 8:00pm ET Sat. September 1st @ 4:00pm ET
96 of 96 FFB Junkies $100 Filled Filled
24 of 96 FFB Junkies #2 $100 Tues. September 4th @ 9:30pm ET Sun. September 2nd @ 1:00pm ET
56 of 96 FFB Degenerates $200 Wed. September 5th @ 9:30pm ET Sun. September 2nd @ 4:00pm ET
Edited by Freezang