Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Move Arenado or JRam? (WHIR)


Tryptamine
 Share

Recommended Posts

Team is in my sig and it's a dynasty league. Right now I have Jose Ramirez playing 2B and Arenado playing 3B which is awesome for me, Jose is going to lose 2B next year and they'll both be 3B which means one becomes a DH and that significantly reduces their value to my roster. So based on that, I've decided to move one of them. On top of this, I'm also nervous about what happens when Arenado hits FA and leaves CO at the end of 2019. On the Jose Ramirez side, this would pretty much be the kind of all sell high moments. He's the #1 scorer in my league. Which do I move? Thanks.

 

PS: They'd be used to upgrade C and and SP Cobb, as I have Keston Hiura ready to take over 2B whenever he's promoted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think keeping either one will be great. Like you said, you can pretty much get anything in return for JoRam, so you'll just have to see if a team would rather have a 2B or 3B this year. You could try to move him and Pham for Trout or something like that? Yes, you do need help at C, but it would have to be quite a package coming back at you with a C that would make it worth it. Good luck!

 

Help with mine?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There isn't a catcher I would move JoRam for. Maybe Sanchez if he was putting up those ridiculous numbers we have seen but even then I wouldn't. It would have to be a package of Sanchez plus an elite arm to even move the needle for me. 

 

That being said, I don't see the big deal of plugging someone in at DH/UTL. Why even worry about it? Additionally, Arenado has good away splits even though his home splits are obviously better. I wouldn't worry about him.

 

If you do want to move one of them, see if you can get back an Albies/Baez + an arm if you could. If you are fine with Hiura, then I like the idea of getting Trout if you can.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

Team is in my sig and it's a dynasty league. Right now I have Jose Ramirez playing 2B and Arenado playing 3B which is awesome for me, Jose is going to lose 2B next year and they'll both be 3B which means one becomes a DH and that significantly reduces their value to my roster. So based on that, I've decided to move one of them. On top of this, I'm also nervous about what happens when Arenado hits FA and leaves CO at the end of 2019. On the Jose Ramirez side, this would pretty much be the kind of all sell high moments. He's the #1 scorer in my league. Which do I move? Thanks.

 

PS: They'd be used to upgrade C and and SP Cobb, as I have Keston Hiura ready to take over 2B whenever he's promoted.

 

i don’t know about trading one just to trade one bud. I don’t see any issues with plugging one into your U spot. Production is production and that’s still there whether JoRam is in your U slot or 3rd base slot. I’m an Arenado owner and I too am slightly concerned about his status heading into 2020.  His splits aren’t bad but his value will take a hit, we just don’t know how much. He could stay in Coors and keep mashing for 6-7+ years. 

In a dynasty I would stand pat unless you could get Trout. Other then that I’m not sure I would give up a guy that was 30/20 around the ASB. 

 

Long story short , You have 2 young studs that you can continue to build around. 

I would enjoy the ride unless you an get Trout or maybe Betts. 

I can’t see the rest of your team but I doubt that would change my opinion unless you had a huge hole somewhere.   

 

Thanks for the help with mine 

Edited by Under500Forever
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

Team is in my sig and it's a dynasty league. Right now I have Jose Ramirez playing 2B and Arenado playing 3B which is awesome for me, Jose is going to lose 2B next year and they'll both be 3B which means one becomes a DH and that significantly reduces their value to my roster. So based on that, I've decided to move one of them. On top of this, I'm also nervous about what happens when Arenado hits FA and leaves CO at the end of 2019. On the Jose Ramirez side, this would pretty much be the kind of all sell high moments. He's the #1 scorer in my league. Which do I move? Thanks.

 

PS: They'd be used to upgrade C and and SP Cobb, as I have Keston Hiura ready to take over 2B whenever he's promoted.

I can’t see your signature so I don’t know your players. Saying that I understand your position. Either player should yield quality playets. 

If you do want to move a player I’d say Arenado. Ramirez has come into his own and only getting better. 

 

Thanks with mine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yea unless you are getting top 5 player or 2 top 20 players and another solid piece only because its a deep 16 teamer then i would rather roll with both even if a dh spot is locked up

no you dont trade for a c or sp not even gary sanchez and any sp you want. if you really want to trade one i would move which ever one gets me the best package and thats probably jo ram

 

 

 

Edited by colepenhagen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, andy1234 said:

 

............... Arenado has good away splits even though his home splits are obviously better. I wouldn't worry about him.

 

The problem with forums is that anyone can say anything. Donald Trump syndrome?

I thought the same as andy1234 until I did some research.

 

Arenado has played an equal amount of home and road games.

He is a lifetime .264 hitter on the road vs .319 at home.  

In addition, he has 99 HR and 355 RBIs at home.  Compare that to 74 HR and 224 on the road. 25% less HR and 37% less RBI.

This makes Arenado at around .264/30/90 with no Coors, pretty average. 

Other players with similar numbers last year were Jake Lamb, Domingo Santana, and Jay Bruce.  No doubt he is better than these guys but just sayin...

 

Just to be fair, I checked out other top hitters' splits.

Trout and Altuve were actually better on the road, Jram was slightly better at home although he hit more HR on the road, and Blackmon's splits were similar to those of Arenado.  (Only a .263 hitter on the road vs. .344 on the road!)

 

The Coors effect is significant and you would be wise to consider it. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mobdad said:

The problem with forums is that anyone can say anything. Donald Trump syndrome?

I thought the same as andy1234 until I did some research.

 

Arenado has played an equal amount of home and road games.

He is a lifetime .264 hitter on the road vs .319 at home.  

In addition, he has 99 HR and 355 RBIs at home.  Compare that to 74 HR and 224 on the road. 25% less HR and 37% less RBI.

This makes Arenado at around .264/30/90 with no Coors, pretty average. 

Other players with similar numbers last year were Jake Lamb, Domingo Santana, and Jay Bruce.  No doubt he is better than these guys but just sayin...

 

Just to be fair, I checked out other top hitters' splits.

Trout and Altuve were actually better on the road, Jram was slightly better at home although he hit more HR on the road, and Blackmon's splits were similar to those of Arenado.  (Only a .263 hitter on the road vs. .344 on the road!)

 

The Coors effect is significant and you would be wise to consider it. 

 

I stand corrected.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...